Thread: Rusty Snow Bash

RC Racer

Rusty Snow Bash

Here's some pictures from today's snow run. This is my beater Rustler. Only upgrades are aluminum tranny, wheelie bar, esc fan, and 2.2" Proline sand paws on the back which I run year round for snow and dirt. Anacondas for pavement and speed runs. I can't even say it got much love today, I rinsed it off in the utility sink and hung on the wall to dry. I typically only run 3s lipos in the car and have only changed about 4/5 parts in probably 4 years of ownership and keep in mind this is the beater so it gets beat the hardest. So stock Rustlers are actually very dependable! Fastest I've ever got it going was 55mph and that took quite a straight away. Feel free to post pictures of your snow runs or beater Rustlers!
    Rustler VXL
    T-Maxx 3.3
    1/16 Summit VXL

RC Racer
    Rustler VXL
    T-Maxx 3.3
    1/16 Summit VXL

Nice! I only have one rustler lol. So it's a beater, racer, basically everything. 6s for off roading is crazy but fun!

RC Racer
    I should have mentioned I have other rcs but the Rustler is my beater lol. The Rustler was just made to be beaten! 6s lipo for off-road would be crazy ��
    Rustler VXL
    T-Maxx 3.3
    1/16 Summit VXL

RC Racer
    I've had my Rustler on the beaches of Florida, in the snow of Ohio, on the streets, off-road and the race track. It's just a all-around fun car!
    Rustler VXL
    T-Maxx 3.3
    1/16 Summit VXL

My setup for the snow this year. I used it at the beach over the summer but I'm waiting for the snow.

One of the light snow days last year with my mini
    Rustler VXL/ Merv (sold)/ Q32/ Ambush/ Kraton

Yeah the beach was really hard on my rustler. I didn't get to use six cells because I forgot my y connector lol. Super swampers are the best tires IMHO I've had them for almost a year and I haven't even worn half the tread on any of them yet. The sand blew up my Vxl motor. It stopped moving all of a sudden and smoke came from the motor with melted plastic. I'm never being them to the beach again...

RC poster
    That is so cool how in those first few pictures you got the wheels to stick to a snowball like that. Bet the neighborhood kids thought it was mini frosty haha Seriously that is pretty sweet tho I just cant bring myself to drive rc in the snow just feels wrong....