Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California

Traxxas DragSlash 3.0 El Sob Special. Rally / Pikes Peak / Dirt Drag. Blockbuster?

was cruising the ebay tonight and found a decent lookin et-3s and et-2400for $125, had the traxxas plug still, was really only reason I bought it.

got to wait for it to get here now.

will be building a 3rd racer. it will be another mustang I think, but it will have a custom semi-clear body for recording with my new camera that is coming. or a proline blockbuster. I dunno yet.

using a traxxas slash 4x4 LCG chassis as the base / chassis. Not running front Diff at all (it will be there, just not hooked up to anything). no center shaft, no front driveshafts. just front axle stubs separated from the axles.

I'm thinking it will turn out pretty good. Basically makes the dragsters weight in front of the rear wheels. I been wanting to make a 2wd car out of the 4wd just cuz I like the engine mounting system better, but like the rear wheel drive feel. the wires on the et-3s are SUPER short... this is also prolly only one that would fit lol

1inch 12mm hex extenders on the front.

here you can see the axle stub part. its solid, hardly any wiggle.

gonna use rear Integy shocks on the front to give extra damper.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

ready for electronics.. I need to think about the body a bit more. maybe I will pick up a bajr body. this grey truck is half truck half tupperwear I modified to fit on my e-revo lol. kinda like the look, so maybe get a revo body.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

put electronic on the truck. 54t spur 15t pinion. removed slash 4x4 tower and replaced with stampede 4x4 tower w/ spoiler

et-3s is not here yet. but wanna test the truck, so tomorrow is testing this truck.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

et-3s is still not here yet hehe....

but here is another video of the chassis under 4s power. has bandlands on the rear and trenchers on the front.

et-3s is due by Thursday..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGgH_Cphx7w
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

ET-3s has been here for a while, I just haven't installed it. will eventually get around to it.

having a hard time debating if I wanna turn it back into a 4x4 or not. but not just yet.

heres more messing around pics

Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

You do already have the 4x4 pede, I would stick with the mustang drag build I think it would be cool! Do you know what tires and wheels are you're gonna run?

yeah trying to... I got like RCADD lol

I'm not sure what tires I am going to run. What do you think would survive 80 mph runs in the dirt/rocks?

lol

I have some 1/8th street tires and xo-1 rears. they are basically slicks so they don't do so well in the dirt.

I was thinking paddles and a tall skinny front tire. that or maybe the beadlock wheels, swap the bandlands for the trenchers. bandlands seem to work pretty effecttly, I havnt swapped to the badlands in front and the trenchers on the rear yet. ( have other sets of sct trenchers and they always have been nice)

Once I decide on the wheels, I still gotta find a place to run. once I get my fpv gear working, I am going to give it a few goes.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

I think if you go with the mustang body, RPM revolver wheels would look cool.

I am trying to source a used parma 66 body for a spoiler custom.

anyways, dragslash 3.0 has had a small update, I took the 5th scale monster truck tires off

put on 17mm hex's and tossed on street wheels. cut a hole in a SCT body and passed the stampede spoiler thru.

Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

Ok, I'm gonna build a dragster like the blue one. I've been wanting to build a dragster, but I've just never gotten around to it. I have a custom built "thing" out of a jato and a slash so I might turn that into a "pro-street" truck since it has a '66 F100 body on it.
    if you fall, I'll catch you! - Your Floor