Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Gunners Build.

Been alittle while since we heard anything new. How's the health treating you? And is the build still going? Thanks for sharing so far, was a blast to read through.

RC Qualifier
    Took some time to look at your build videos on YouTube. Everything looks great. I'll be interested to see how you fit that TP motor. My concern with these aluminum chassis kits has always been motor fitment and space for large gears. Hopefully you can set some personal records this year with that setup!

-Liberty

RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyMKiii View Post
    Took some time to look at your build videos on YouTube. Everything looks great. I'll be interested to see how you fit that TP motor. My concern with these aluminum chassis kits has always been motor fitment and space for large gears. Hopefully you can set some personal records this year with that setup!

-Liberty
    This chassis fits Tp Power motors just fine, I used them in mine 138mph on 4s. Has a nice gear range as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Is that a STRC also? My 4070 has a slight interference with the floorpan. I will get that handled soon. Right now Iím finally back at it. Mounting batteries and the Cap PAC. Iím going to be running 3s for a bit with the Stock Velineon system. Then Iíll buy the XLX and install the TPP and head for 8s. Slowly. Right now I have it back on the bench and getting ready to do some soldering. Iím thinking I need to buy a couple of packs of the 6.5 ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Welcome back! Glad to know that Agent Orange is off the shelf!

I have a bunch of 6.5 connectors just waiting to be soldered as well...
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Qualifier
    Hi Squeegee. For some reason it won't let me post pictures. Either on the Mac or from Tapatalk. It use to. Did something change?

RC Qualifier

Looking good!

RC Qualifier
    New soldering gun. And building it with 10 gage wire and Castle 6.5 ends. Is 40/60 rosin core ok for this. Iíll be 6s on the new motor. Then upgrade to an 8s setup. XLX and a TPP Cm 2200. Just need to save a bit to get the XLX.

I really like that new soldering gun. I've had one for nine months now and It will make you a pro at soldering. the 40/60 rosin core is perfect. with the lead free solder it make's the contact more brittle without the lead. The lead will help with jolts and not break loose like the lead free does, or could do.

Where did you buy that cap pack? I have a kill mode in my rusty and has been very good to me.
    Last edited by lektro; 08-27-2018 at 05:09 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Qualifier
    Those are Ripple Killer Caps. He's in England I think. A few of the guys in the speed game are selling them. Kenny Melinko just ran 151 on 5s in his slash with them.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1JuM2iLIQc
    Last edited by Gunner1; 08-27-2018 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner1 View Post
    Those are Ripple Killer Caps. He's in England I think. A few of the guys in the speed game are selling them. Kenny Melinko just ran 151 on 5s in his slash with them.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1JuM2iLIQc

indeed they are ripple killers!
    Last edited by lektro; 08-27-2018 at 06:23 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Qualifier
    Now that is so sweet. I gotta look at your build thread.

New soldering gun. And building it with 10 gage wire and Castle 6.5 ends. Is 40/60 rosin core ok for this. I’ll be 6s on the new motor. Then upgrade to an 8s setup. XLX and a TPP Cm 2200. Just need to save a bit to get the XLX.

You'll love that soldering iron, truth be told it's a Hakko 936 in disguise.
    I have a 75w Hakko FX-951 now but find myself still using the Trak-Power a lot as well,it's built like a tank.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    Try to keep the cabeling as short as possible off of the battery, esc, and cap pack. This will improve efficiency and power transfer.
    The XL-X is great btw. I ended up getting the STRC aluminum chassis all setup on mine. I'll try to share some pics in the fall when its cool enough to get out in the garage again.

RC Qualifier
    Well that didn't go as planed. I tried to shorten my motor wires on the stock motor so I could neaten everything up. They won't hold solder. I have tried tinning them both with and without flux paste. All that happens is black gunk oozes out of the wire bundle. I took it to the LHS and they couldn't get them to solder either. So I bought a 260 watt weller unit. Still no luck. So now I am ordering a XLX from Castle along with some more 6.5 connectors and an IOS adapter and link. I seem to have no problem soldering those to the Cap Pack. I guess I will just bypass the stock motor thing and dive into the deep end of the 6/8s pool.

Good gawd that thing was pushin some speed. Sorry to hear they wouldn't solder. I know you are a bit frustrated with that. You will get er done in the end though. Have faith, cuz i know you got skills.
    Last edited by lektro; 09-24-2018 at 05:00 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Qualifier
    Birthday money score. XLX, Blue tooth IOS adapter, 6.5 plugs, and Pairing harness for double batteries all on order with Prime. Due tuesday.

RC Qualifier
    Happy birthday! I hope you have fun with all the goodies. Let us know how the link works out. Iím assuming your talking about the castle B-link.

Alexander

Happy Birthday Gunner. Early or late either way Have a great one. My days of birthday gifts went out the door seven years ago after a bitter divorce. Now everyday in the rc world is my birthday it seems. Enjoy it all and am happy for you my friend. As always Happy RCing......
    Choose Life !!!

Happy birthday and keep up posted!

RC Qualifier
    Well its come to this. My health is still going down. And we just lost our only good local street for running. So I think it's time to sell it. Is it worth the time to make it a runner or should I sell it as a roller with all the extras? I just have lost the will to finish this thing.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well its come to this. My health is still going down. And we just lost our only good local street for running. So I think it's time to sell it. Is it worth the time to make it a runner or should I sell it as a roller with all the extras? I just have lost the will to finish this thing.
    Sorry to hear this. I had wondered where youíd gone. If you canít enjoy it, sell it. I wouldnít focus on what state to sell it. Find a neighborhood kid thatís interested and make a donation. We may see him on here in the 150 mph range. That would be cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Sorry to hear that my friend.
    If you are looking for money and a quicker sale, typically you will have better luck parting it out in cheaper chunks.
    More buyers in the 80-200 range than in the 500-900 range.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345