Thread: Just a hobby ?

RC Racer

Just a hobby ?

Yeah I think there is a line where this becomes a science and is no longer a hobby , need a mini dyno where I can get numbers without taking it out on the road.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It's still a hobby. You are taking it to a new level! I wouldn't mind strapping my trucks on a dynamometer just to see what it really does
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    It's still a hobby. You are taking it to a new level! I wouldn't mind strapping my trucks on a dynamometer just to see what it really does
    It would be cool simply because I never feel you can totally max out a build on the road , with a dyno you could optimize the whole system THEN run it , seems like every time I take mine out I break to much stuff lol

RC Qualifier
    It's just like a 1 to 1 car. Making horsepower and torque are the easy parts. Getting everything to live and hook up are the real parts of the equation that takes the science.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner1 View Post
    It's just like a 1 to 1 car. Making horsepower and torque are the easy parts. Getting everything to live and hook up are the real parts of the equation that takes the science.
    There is a very fuzzy grey line between hobby and obsession...
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Racer
    Both valid points , getting it to hook and perform is a reality check for sure .
    I am running S7 GRPS , I have run foam tires and many other rubber based tires only to blow them in either a diff out or sway due to over torque or adequate suspension.
    Seems as though these revo reds (gold) paired with some xxlongs big bore and 125,000 oil for the diffs are the trick so far , although ANY suggestions are appreciated due to an ever lasting leaving curve .

RC Qualifier
    I don't know about you, but I am just a speed runner/basher. I don't need to spin on a dime. I want traction. I am locking both the front and rear diff's. I have found spools for them. I also am locking the center diff. No slip.

RC Racer
    I locked my diffs (rear) with an integy aluminum locker ......worth mistake for speed runs I've ever made , the back end would walk around and Even the slightest correction at high speed sent me into a spin , although this is simply my experience and on only one car.

RC Racer
    I blew these X01 tires at 96 mph due to suspension, caused some major sadness that day hahaha

RC Racer
    and boy do I have proof of my exploding carnage lol

RC Qualifier
    So you think I need to leave them open then? What weight fluid are you running in them?

RC Racer
    Yeah open but a heavy diff oil , the make like 1,000,000 part oil even tho I run 125,000

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    Yeah I wouldn't mind having one either this way I'm not out wrecking my machine and or anything like that.

I'll just leave this here...

http://www.mcpappyracing.com/dyno.php

No idea if it's any good tho!
    Seek forgiveness, not permission

Caveat lector!

Thats awesome! Lol, now I need one.
    "Gone racing"

RC Qualifier
    595 is not bad

$775 for a 4WD system.
    $815 for 4WD system with upgraded SS arms.

Add $100 if you go for the larger 1/5 scale system.
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

"For less than $100, electronics can be added to let the computer control the Nitro or electric RC throttle, load levels, and timing of when those load levels kick in. This offers addition benefits as the computer can do it exactly the same way every time and can even simulate an entire race. Watch our video for more details. With Windows 8 or later, you can even control it with your voice using a $10 program called VoiceAttack. "

"The computer can also control the throttle of the RC vehicle (gas or electric) and load levels to simulate an entire race. The benefit here is, it will weed out motors that overheat, which cannot be seen with one pull. Running the full race will reveal even more information."

It's certainly a trick bit of kit!! Especially the ability to get it to do a consistent full race run all by itself. Waaaaaaaay too rich for me tho!
    Seek forgiveness, not permission

Caveat lector!