RC Enthusiast

2 sizes of tires?

I have a set of 1158-17 Pro-Line Sling shot tires (Height:4.52" Width: 1.70") that I ran in the sand dunes with the stock tires of the front. It seemed to work good but bought a body lift kit and heard I could fit a pair of 1186-Sand Paw (Height:5.22" Width:2.70") underneath the body. They're on their way right now but wondered if I could put the paws on the back and the sling shots on the front? or would that mess up my differential with the different diameter tires? If not, do I buy another pair of paws? or similar height skinny tires? Any good ideas?

I wouldn't see much of a problem honestly. Differentials are made for differing speeds back to front. And since you already used different tires I doubt there will be any problems

RC Qualifier
    A lot of bashers In the sand here in southern ca use a setup like that with no issues. Seems to be more effective on 2wd than 4wd but works either way

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    if it is in loose sand it should be fine, it's when you use different sized tires on a 4wd on a high traction surface wher you will have binding/breakage