RC poster

Talking Alias Battery Alternatives.

Hey guys,

My first post here. Just received a beautiful green Alias in the post today and I'm like a kid in candy store already ! I'm certainly no pro flyer but I love the Alias. I'm a beginner really, but got hooked a few months ago and been buying one drone a month after watching so many YouTube review videos. It's addictive for sure and people seemed to love the Alias so it was a no brainer. It's a shame it was so hard finding one to buy !

Anyway, my question is simple. The first drone I bought uses batteries with the same connector as the Alias and I have 3 spares, but they are 3.7v 750mAh. The copter that they came with is the SY X25 Space Explorer quad.

Question is, can I use my 3 spare X25 batteries inside the Alias without setting the Alias on fire or burning down the house ?

I only ask because I also have a Syma X5C-1 and apparently you have to be careful which batteries you choose if you don't want to fry the main board.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Please watch the language.
    ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 11-24-2016 at 05:51 PM.

Do you plan to change the connector?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    keeping the voltage correct for the model is the important thing. if you take 7.4 voltage battery and try to run it in a 3.7 volt model, yes, you will fry the board. connector types as mentioned above are an issue, as is the size. the milliamps are not an issue and you can go as high as you wish as long as you maintain the correct voltage type for the model. I can't speak for the brand you mention as I do not own one of those. I can speak to, that all the other models I fly whether heli or multi... if the battery fits, the connector is correct, and is the correct voltage for the electronics for the model... I can use them, and have on occasion without issue.

generally, each model has a specific size dimension for its battery, that is needed to fit correctly in it. the only exceptions are models that are built as open frames where any size battery can fit, or the model in question is modified in some way to except it. keep in mind too that if the battery does not fit in the right place, or extends out to one end or another for some reason, that it could affect the balance of the model. too heavy of a battery, and it could affect the wear and tear on the motors although any battery in this size will have negligible weight differences. just things to consider .
    Fly fast, Fly hard, and forget about the outcome.

RC Qualifier
    I use the 3.7v 750mah battery's with my Alias , no problems at all . just had to modify mine little to carry them .

RC poster
    What if you don't mind changing the connector..? What battery will give the longest flight time..? I bought one from amazon on Black Friday for 58 bucks. I know I'm going to upgrade and change everything I can... thanks for any input..!!!