Thread: Drive train

RC Enthusiast

Drive train

Something is slipping between the engine and wheels it revs higher than it accelerates I tightened the slipper clutch and replaced the clutch shoes and it still does it, could it be the clutch bell? I think the problem is after the 2 speed gears because occasionally it will shift to second at a low speed which would suggest the transmission is spinning faster than the wheels so the only thing I can think of is the diff , can they slip a little bit without totally disengaging or locking up?turning the wheels by hand the differential feels like it's fine

Did you sand/clean the inside of the clutch bell and make sure not fluids/glazing was present?

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

Agreed. Unless you broke a pin someplace down line or stripped a wheel hex. The differential does not have a clutch so it is direct drive to either or both wheels.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    Clutch shoes backwards? Maybe pull the trans apart and give the one way roller a little drip of 3 in 1 oil?
    I have an RC problem...

RC Champion
    Mine sometimes did this when the clutch got warm with the stock flywheel. It seems much better with the vented 40mm flywheel.
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

RC Enthusiast
    I think it was the clutch bell it was polished to a gloss from the old clutch slipping what grit sandpaper should I use? I've got everything up to 2000 grit

I've used 1000 grit.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    i use a screw driver to scrap off gunk but i gently do this then i spray with brake clean and scrub with a wire brush, i also scrap off the spring when i remove the cb to help it stay clean.
    Everything dies..everything..no,no,no,no