RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Got tossed out of a park today

So a cop a the local nature park asked me to leave with my Rustler. Granted I was doing 50-60 on dirt and gravel, but not bothering anybody. He says no drones and no RC. There was a couple flying a mini drone in the same area. Had a great time for about 30 minutes. It's fun to try and explain how it works and all that good stuff. The cop said take it the high school. I let him know I'm not a fan of the speed bumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Yeah, not all parks like them.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    If you take a trip to any place that has dirtbike trails or quad or any motorized vehicle, you will see the damage they do. Most riders will never return to help build up the paths they tore up.

It makes sense to me. Grass is not cheap, and these rc tires tear it up faster than it can grow.

hehe. the property management side of me is kicking in. We have areas in our community's we cant keep people out of, and hence cant grow grass there. Also we paid a lot of money for gravel, dirt bikes and quads, general offroaders, kick all that gravel into the grass or street, than our lawn mowers pick them up and chuck them at houses. the rocks in the street get cleaned up by the city street sweeper, so we lose the rocks and have to keep buying it.

I can see it from both sides. I always try and get permission where I run my rc's. most places will say no as they do a lot of damage, just normally the drivers/riders don't stop to see said damages.

edit: I did get permission from a lady to use her lot, in exchange for weeding it every month! at first she said no, but I offered to clean the lot and she said yes.
    so theres another place to look.
    Last edited by fourdub; 11-27-2016 at 12:18 AM.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Racer
    Try to find a RC airfield near you. Mine has no problems with people running trucks/truggys up to 1/5 scale when nobody is flying.

Always know the rules. The best thing to do is to leave when asked to, but recommend following it up. Go to the park office (whereever the HQ is), and ask to see the rules. In most instances, "no motorized vehicles" covers RC vehicles as well.

I am not one for openly challenging authority in situations like this, but I have been kick out of places that have actually spelled out that RC vehicles were allowed. The police office/ranger either did not know the rules, or had a heartache with people having too much fun. In one instance a park ranger tried to shut down a crawler comp, luckily a guy in the club was a sheriff's deputy, knew the rules and told the guy to get lost. For spite, he ran over a 4WD Slash on his way out.

RC vehicles of any kind are never allowed in national parks.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    yeah I learned this lesson metal detecting. always get permission first hehe.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

I'm usually not a hard driver on gravel roads but once I hit pavement, I'm burning rubber. Because of the reason that gravel and grass are not cheap. Around here there's a lot of just old buildings and lots so that's fun. But if I see any no trespassing signs, which I thoroughly look for, and it's a place people use, I just take it easy and slow. You don't have to go fast to have fun!