New battery company

Now that SPC has gone in I am in need of a new company for batteries. Thanks! I have a MMP combo if that helps.
    smooth is fast

RC Racer
    SMC makes great batteries.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
    Stampede 4X4 2700kv
    Xmaxx (stock)

Quote Originally Posted by troyhebert View Post
    SMC makes great batteries.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
    ^ Second that!

Sent from Eastern Missouri
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Racer
    I've only heard positive experiences from SMC.
    I've never used them before so I can't speak from experience but I will likely in the near future.

One brand I would like to warn you about is Reedy (from team associated)

I bought a 4s battery from a hobby shop down in myrtle beach, and I paid $195 or something for it. I used it ONCE on my mamba system that I've used several times with much cheaper lipo's and such and have never had a problem.

This lipo died and the cells went under the voltage to where you can charge them.
    Called up the store i bought it from and they said they do do returns or refunds or exchanges on batteries... Was told to go through reedy.

Keep in mind this all happened that same day.

I was told by reedy that they don't do warranty on batteries that have been opened and used, regardless of having just one run on it. They would not give me a refund or exchange. I was told by reedy that "my esc wasn't programmed properly and it's not their fault the battery went below the lipo cutoff voltage."

I have run MULTIPLE, probably close to 8 or 9 complete packs from much cheaper battery companies and never had this problem. They refused to believe it was their battery. Even to this day, those cheaper batteries are still living and I just did put 3 packs into that same esc with no problem.

I can only warn you and hope you choose a better brand then reedy. I've had batteries go bad before and the company was willing to work with me, even after the warranty ran out. The DAY after I purchased this battery I was told that I'm basically SOL and that I spent $200 on a battery that doesnt hold a charge after one run.
    When told that they lost my business and my warning of how I was treated with their company, they basically laughed.

Again, I hope you find knowledge in this post, find another brand to use, and please feel free to carry it on to other RC members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Traxxas Slash 4x4
    Traxxas Blast

Another vote for SMC. I've had a 3s pack for almost 2 yrs and it's been great!
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

New battery company

SMC and SPC used the same Chinese vendor to make packs. I've run both packs and found no difference between them, with the exception of the wrapper......
    identical specs and size

Hang up and Drive
    HANG UP AND DRIVE!
    Slash 2wd 4x4
    PRO MT Yeti 4x4

I believe each used multiple manufacturers. There was bound to be some overlap.
    I get that you think you know a lot about the two companies, but there's mostly conjecture in your claim.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMcE View Post
    SMC and SPC used the same Chinese vendor to make packs. I've run both packs and found no difference between them, with the exception of the wrapper......
    identical specs and size

Hang up and Drive
    I owned SPC Racing and I can tell you with absolute certainty, YOU ARE WRONG!
    So RC LiPo packs follow ROAR design dimensions and industry popular capacities; that makes you a RC LiPo factory expert?
    Last edited by Jakey; 11-27-2016 at 06:40 PM.

New battery company

Quote Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
    I owned SPC Racing and I can tell you with absolute certainty, YOU ARE WRONG!
    So RC LiPo packs follow ROAR design dimensions and industry popular capacities; that makes you a RC LiPo factory expert?
    No , that would be YOU.....are the Expert, and I know that.

OK , I'm wrong, I ordered both 3s 4300 and love all 4......
    I cannot find any difference or performance. Both test the same on my Hitech .

You can SHOUT all you want, I just wish I could still get your batteries, but I can't .

Hang up and Drive
    Last edited by MikeMcE; 11-27-2016 at 07:31 PM.
    HANG UP AND DRIVE!
    Slash 2wd 4x4
    PRO MT Yeti 4x4

New battery company

So defensive about being incorrect. Bluster all you want, it won't make you right in any sense of the word.

New battery company

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    I believe each used multiple manufacturers. There was bound to be some overlap.
    I get that you think you know a lot about the two companies, but there's mostly conjecture in your claim.
    I am a consumer that reads .your start is dead on, your finish is an insult.
    4 identically batteries 2 vendors, purchased days apart.
    Fine I'm not as knowledgeable as you !

Hang up and Drive
    Last edited by MikeMcE; 11-27-2016 at 07:09 PM.
    HANG UP AND DRIVE!
    Slash 2wd 4x4
    PRO MT Yeti 4x4

New battery company

You aren't in this case. You can deal with that as well... or bluster even more.

Quote Originally Posted by panek33 View Post
    I've only heard positive experiences from SMC.
    I've never used them before so I can't speak from experience but I will likely in the near future.

One brand I would like to warn you about is Reedy (from team associated)

I bought a 4s battery from a hobby shop down in myrtle beach, and I paid $195 or something for it. I used it ONCE on my mamba system that I've used several times with much cheaper lipo's and such and have never had a problem.

This lipo died and the cells went under the voltage to where you can charge them.
    Called up the store i bought it from and they said they do do returns or refunds or exchanges on batteries... Was told to go through reedy.

Keep in mind this all happened that same day.

I was told by reedy that they don't do warranty on batteries that have been opened and used, regardless of having just one run on it. They would not give me a refund or exchange. I was told by reedy that "my esc wasn't programmed properly and it's not their fault the battery went below the lipo cutoff voltage."

I have run MULTIPLE, probably close to 8 or 9 complete packs from much cheaper battery companies and never had this problem. They refused to believe it was their battery. Even to this day, those cheaper batteries are still living and I just did put 3 packs into that same esc with no problem.

I can only warn you and hope you choose a better brand then reedy. I've had batteries go bad before and the company was willing to work with me, even after the warranty ran out. The DAY after I purchased this battery I was told that I'm basically SOL and that I spent $200 on a battery that doesnt hold a charge after one run.
    When told that they lost my business and my warning of how I was treated with their company, they basically laughed.

Again, I hope you find knowledge in this post, find another brand to use, and please feel free to carry it on to other RC members.

From my experience reedy is an expensive racer brand. At my local track many people run their servos, esc, battery, and motors. They are overpriced and low quality. However I have had experience with their motors and they seem to be good.

My experience shows that SPC was mainly a basher brand, most people that run them are bashers. SMC was Maraked more to racers. I loved SPC batts.
    smooth is fast

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigsaw49 View Post
    From my experience reedy is an expensive racer brand. At my local track many people run their servos, esc, battery, and motors. They are overpriced and low quality. However I have had experience with their motors and they seem to be good.

My experience shows that SPC was mainly a basher brand, most people that run them are bashers. SMC was Maraked more to racers. I loved SPC batts.
    Through my experience with reedy I will not be using a team associated product ever again. When I told the guy on the phone that I wouldn't be using reedy again and that I'd use cheaper brands that last longer, I was basically laughed at by the guy.

Traxxas Slash 4x4
    Traxxas Blast

As associated goes. They will have a very hard time getting my money after what they did to Carson wernimont. Problby going to get a SMC 5000 or a shorty pack. My slash is mid motor and the most it can take is the SPC 5000 2s in terms of space in the battery compartment.
    smooth is fast

one name I don't hear much of, yet they have always worked really well for me with NIMH packs was Team Orion. I see they have lipos and I have not heard any negative's about them... DOes anyone have any experience with Team Orion Lipos?
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    When I was testing LiPo packs, Team Orion always came in over-rated in more than one specification and on top of that they are expensive.

As for the OP looking for LiPo packs - This is a Traxxas forum so I would recommend Traxxas LiPo packs. If they are not available in your area, definitely look up smc-racing.net

Quote Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
    As for the OP looking for LiPo packs - This is a Traxxas forum so I would recommend Traxxas LiPo packs. If they are not available in your area, definitely look up smc-racing.net
    There's nothing wrong with mentioning another battery pack as long as it is not from a company that is copying Traxxas connectors and things like that. Even a Moderator has recommended SMC.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    There's nothing wrong with mentioning another battery pack as long as it is not from a company that is copying Traxxas connectors and things like that.
    I understand and never meant to imply there was.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    Even a Moderator has recommended SMC.
    Yes I know. And so have I.

Orion like reedy is a expensive more racer oriented brand. I would also rather a smaller company would get my money not some big cooperation. So I got a SPC
    Last edited by Jigsaw49; 11-28-2016 at 05:29 PM.
    smooth is fast

RC Enthusiast

Gens-ace have really good packs.