RC poster

Need help finding parts

Hey Im new to the rc world but I got a vintage Traxxas rustler and sorry for posting this here but all the other parts looked like they weren't very active but I need to find out which parts I need to get this thing moving there is no gear on the motor and there is no gear on the differential is it two wheel drive and I need to know what kind of gears I need to connect the motor to the differential I will put up pics soon thanks for the help guys

Okay, here's a list of all the parts you need for under $400 (Hopefully that's your budget...)

1. Velineon 3500kV Motor and ESC (for starters)
    2. 2s or 3s lipo (5000mAh or above, 7.4v or 11.1v, make sure they have a traxxas connector and fit)
    3. Traxxas 19T 48P pinion gear
    4. Traxxas 83T 48P spur gear (Make sure the pitch (P) is the same as the other gear when looking for pinion or spur gears)
    5. A wide variety of Allen wrenches to screw screws in.
    6. A TQI transmitter and reciever (If you don't have one in it already)

There maybe something I'm forgetting, but good luck in restoring your vintage Rustler!

Hope this helps!
    - MindBlown

Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    o/ Zanezane319

If you go back to the rustler forum, and goto the bottom, its preset to show posts from the last two days or one day. change that setting to last year or 6 months, you will see its a very active community, just the "show threads" is defaulted low in that forum, and a few others.

So to address your truck, i think you need a pinion gear (goes on the motor) and a spur gear + slipper clutch assembly.

If you have just a bare shaft sticking out of the transmission.

Anyways hope this helps!
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC poster
    Yea I have just a shaft sticking out and it is hex shaped and there is a Titan 12t 550 motor in there

take a picture with your phone or camera, email it to yourself, than goto http://postimage.com or http://imgur.com and sign up. that will give you free picture hosting. On postimage, make sure you change the size to "message board" 680/480 or something like that.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MindBlown View Post
    Okay, here's a list of all the parts you need for under $400 (Hopefully that's your budget...)

1. Velineon 3500kV Motor and ESC (for starters)
    2. 2s or 3s lipo (5000mAh or above, 7.4v or 11.1v, make sure they have a traxxas connector and fit)
    3. Traxxas 19T 48P pinion gear
    4. Traxxas 83T 48P spur gear (Make sure the pitch (P) is the same as the other gear when looking for pinion or spur gears)
    5. A wide variety of Allen wrenches to screw screws in.
    6. A TQI transmitter and reciever (If you don't have one in it already)

There maybe something I'm forgetting, but good luck in restoring your vintage Rustler!

Hope this helps!
    - MindBlown
    Hey thank you for the help but the spur gear ou said to get doesnt look like itll work the shaft on my transmission is hex shaped and i dont think it had a slipper clutch on it

You need a slipper clutch assembly kit for the spur gear to work. Make sure the spur gear is compatible with a slipper clutch.

Zanezane319 yup i know what you have.

You have a older transmission with hex shaft. i don't know what the part number is, but this is what the part you are looking for looks like!

i have that transmission on my old rustler as well.

i drive this rig very respectfully... as i don't know myself where to get replacements lol.

hope this helps!
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube