RC Competitor

Question Addicted to fly?

Hi guys
    So yesterday I went to a skate park and in 4 months since I have my Xmaxx I felt that I really bashed this big boy!
    The thing is, I had allready broked the rear pinion gear and ring and some part of the right front suspension just buy doing small stuff but yesterday in the skate park something happened and it was like this:

I was jumping really high and got more confidence to the way that I was doing front flips just by breaking in the air and landing in the right position!
    Now after a bunch of flips I think that I broke some teeth from the pinion and ring gear!
    Could it be from agressive breaking when the truck itīs in the air?
    I think so!
    I would like to know if it happened with you guys the same thing
    thank you

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Could be a combination of the aggressive braking, landing on throttle or pure skate-park pain. Pick one.
    We are all one race. The human race.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    Could be a combination of the aggressive braking, landing on throttle or pure skate-park pain. Pick one.
    Maybe all of them!

thanks

RC Racer
    On this side of Eternity, which means Texas for now
    First off, nice shot! That's where the X-Maxx seems to be in its element.

Now, stabbing the brakes in the air won't cause enough load/stress to the gears to break teeth on the ring or pinion. Landing while on the throttle can cause a shock load that can break teeth, as well as any sudden, abrupt stops. You did mention that your ring and pinion were already broke. The abuse from the force of landing could have just done them in.

I've beat the tar out of a stock X-Maxx, and it took a lot of the abuse. But landing from 8'-15' repeatedly on the front, rear, and odd angles is bound to stress several parts to the breaking point. Just part of the game. Rebuild it and go catch some more air!

RC Qualifier
    Good job mate.
    We've all seen videos of buggies landing from even bigger jumps, but this is perhaps 4-5x heavier, so a lot more force is being transferred onto the 'stress areas'.

There are alternatives to the diff ring / pinion gear which several have tried - some without success, some with.

Some people I think enjoy jumping it so much like a buggy that they accept something's going to break, and keep to stock parts - as they're a lot cheaper!!

Al.

thanks! your picture made my day.

a properly set slipper clutch can handle these big landings all day long if you are off throttle when you land. I've broken 2 diff ring gears, both times I landed on the nose full throttle because I was trying to level out the landing and didn't let off in time.

keep her flyin'
    youtube: rizzodtheRCvlogger

RC Qualifier
    You live in area code 303 don't you.