RC poster

Removing Revo 3.3 center diff

I have been having some problems with the rear brake on my Revo 3.3 with center diff conversion (#5414). As I'm no longer racing and only bashing I was considering removing the center diff. I fitted it years and years ago but cannot remember the steps involved or parts removed. Ideally I'd just remove the center diff, I'm not worried about having reverse again. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Just get the forward-only kit.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    To actually eliminate the center diff you would have to change to the Spool 5381X. If you run on pavement you will have problems breaking half shafts.
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...FUkjgQodGTkPEg
    2009 Florida State Monster Truck Champion
    RBMods

Q: If he is eliminating the center diff and reinstalling a forward-only, why would he need to install a differential spool? All he would need to do is remove the final drive gear and shaft, reinstall the forward-only gear(s) and shaft and be done.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Q: If he is eliminating the center diff and reinstalling a forward-only, why would he need to install a differential spool? All he would need to do is remove the final drive gear and shaft, reinstall the forward-only gear(s) and shaft and be done.
    Thanks for the replies. Earlier today I managed to find the parts I took out when I did the conversion nearly 10 years ago! Just want it for my son to bash with really so will probably invest in #5394 the forward only conversion kit. Half the usage, if not more, will be on tarmac so will steer clear of the spool.