New Slayer owner with some questions

As the title states, just got a new slayer pro 4x4 and got a few questions. Hoping to break it in this weekend 😃 Have not done anything with it yet other than installing a flat pack battery for the rx

1) there is a space for a second servo for steering, is there a benefit in having duel steering servos?
    2) sway bar kit, worth it or not?
    3) tire recommendations for the future?
    4) any week points? (ex. a arms, bulkheads,etc...)
    5) I have heard that revo 3.3 bodies fit the slayer 3.3, is that true? Do the body post holes, cooling head hole and easy start
    holes all line up?

I think that's about it. Thanks for reading
    "Drive it like you stole it"

1. No. If not set right the servos will fight each other and drain your battery. In addition, adding a servo drains the battery faster. I run a single 2075 on my Revo with no issues so the smaller tire/wheel combo should be just fine.

2. Yes. Traxxas or Tekno.

3. Not a whole lot of choices, look through the Gallery to find some. Though if you go with a 17mm hub you may be able to fit buggy tires.

4. It is a stout truck based on the Revo. A few more weak points on the Revo given the size of the arms and weight of tires.

5. Aside from what's at the corners take the bodies off the Revo and Slayer and you would not be able to tell the difference between the two. You could put Revo bodies on but it would look a little with the arm and tire size.
    The Super Derecho

Cool thanks for insight Double G

Ok going to order sway bar kit also thinking about the progressive 3 rockers traxxas part #5359 I'm thinking they may be a good addition. But a little confused, I'm assuming the progressive rocker set is for all for corners and it say requires new push rod part number tra5319 so am I correct in assuming that I need two sets of #5319 for a total of 4 pushrods, and also the needed spacers #5133
    Last edited by Nitrocrazy66; 12-09-2016 at 11:04 PM.

When you purchase rockers, make sure you are getting a full set of four (eight pieces). You'll need four push rods total.

Here's a good read:
    https://traxxas.com/sites/default/fi...%20Rockers.pdf
    The Super Derecho

I run truck bodies on my slayer when it was a slayer. I didn't care for the big body. I also run 17mm hubs and just ran buggy tires/wheels. Many options going that route.

It did look a little goofy with the truck body... like a jacked up 4x4 you'd see in Texas.

Was fun to run around though. I ended up converting it to a revo, then later a 3.3 chassis and a big block with a new era leaner mount and LRP28. What's funny is I only changed the input shaft and two speed gears, but kept the slayer output gears. I don't know why I did that, but I ended up with cb/spur gearing that makes it tough to compare to other people.

I also figured out that a wing helps avoid head impact with the ground vs the weird roll bar I ran in the above photo. The wing combined with a new era 3-point mount that is raised 3/4" along with cutting a few fins off my head made it a real tough machine. Of course, RPM arms all around, single hitec 985MG steering and throttle servo as well.

Turned into this:

The slayer was fun for a while with a 2.5R in it, but for where I had to run, the narrow wheel base and low ground clearance just wasn't that great. I run in parks most of the time and hit large berms for 6+ feet of air under the thing pretty frequently.

I forgot, it was a new era leaner mount, but I loaned it to a guy so he could make one piece leaner mounts since new era kind of died off. He gave me a prototype as a thanks for borrowing the mount for 4 months. I still have the NE mount in a drawer in case I feel like replacing the 21TM in my other revo at some point.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

Installed the sway bar kit last night and went out today with the slayer. 9 tanks of fuel run through the thing and man I just love it. Handles like a dream, runs awesome and this being my only rc with TSM what a difference that is ��

Looking at these photo's... maybe I'll switch it back the the 2.5 length chassis. A lot of work, but would be fun to get some easy wheelies back. The 21TM does ok, but wheelies are infrequent.
    Expert rigging at it's best!