Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    RC Racer
    oh i know but would the male connectors that we can solder on. and handle the new 4s batteries? https://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-3070-...ale+connectors

My understanding is they changed the conector style so you can't plug the new 4s batteries into the other ESC's that are 6s, or lower rated than taking a 4s pack. I wouldn't persoanlly change the connectors, they will still work with the normal Traxxas ends from what it looks like.

EDIT: This is my best guess, I havn't actually seen these conections in real life yet.
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 12-14-2016 at 12:30 PM.
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

Traxxas Employee Rosco_P_Coltrane's Avatar
    Yes, they can.
    Traxxas, the FASTEST Name In Radio Control

RC Racer
    Rosco P Coltrane....you must be a fan of the Dukes, there are a couple of here with Maxx's painted as The General. Nice to have you from Traxxas verifying some of the info we all wonder about with the new release. Glad to have you hear sharing info. Hang out more often!

RC Competitor
    I just purchased my xmaxx about 2 weeks ago, and love the truck. Would I have waited if I knew about the 8s version, probably not. I'm just glad there is an upgrade kit. I do see the value of the parts and esc included in the kit, and plan on getting this kit when its available. If its gonna be a 2-3 week wait, I'll just order it after the holidays. This way I can run mine until the kit gets to my door and then swap the esc out without any down time. I might just keep the new parts as upgraded spares as things break. I'll probably only run 8s on special occasions, and totally like the idea of being able to do it, but 6s really is plenty of power.

The upgrades kits starting shipping today. They will start showing up at front doors tomorrow!

Gen Patton "You’re never beaten until you admit it."

The upgrades kits starting shipping today. They will start showing up at front doors tomorrow!
    Sweet! Good to know!

Yes, they can.
    Also good to know thanks!

V Also good question.
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 12-14-2016 at 05:20 PM.
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

RC Qualifier
    Just wondering if you bought the upgrade kit and you broke something does that mean you can't get spare replacements till February
    I'm from rip off Britain

Full parts support will be here in February, but until them we will take care of our customers who purchased the upgrade kits on a one by one basis. If you have a problem, call our CS guys, they are there to help. We want trucks outside having fun, not sitting in the closet.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyg319 View Post
    Hi guys, my first post. I bought my X maxx last week. Two days later they drop the price $50. The next day they come out with the upgrade kit. The X maxx is still in the mail. I'm really bummed. Should I send the X maxx back and wait until February? I called Customer support trying to come up with a deal to keep the truck and the upgrade kit to no avail. What would you guys do?
    I just got my Xmaxx, charger, and batteries from Amazon last Friday and they are all going back. Until Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyTanker View Post
    Full parts support will be here in February, but until them we will take care of our customers who purchased the upgrade kits on a one by one basis. If you have a problem, call our CS guys, they are there to help. We want trucks outside having fun, not sitting in the closet.
    I don't know what you do at traxxas, but I love your attitude!
    youtube: rizzodtheRCvlogger

Duh - he drives the Traxxas tank!
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Enthusiast
    Of course, right after I bought a MAX6 ESC, an expensive steering servo they come out with this! Oh well will definitely purchase and have another 8s capable ESC for future mods or builds.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Wheely bar and new drive cups for me. I might be in the minority but i'm sticking with 6s.
    We are all one race. The human race.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by shortdog1007 View Post
    Of course, right after I bought a MAX6 ESC, an expensive steering servo they come out with this! Oh well will definitely purchase and have another 8s capable ESC for future mods or builds.

max6 is capable of 8s
    "AVENGED SEVENFOLD "

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by PATS4LIFE View Post
    max6 is capable of 8s
    Yes it is.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    Wheely bar and new drive cups for me. I might be in the minority but i'm sticking with 6s.
    Smart move, using 8s to its full potential and the xmaxx can not with stand it. I stopped running mine months ago because of constantly repairing it. Ring/Pinion (including the beefed up version), axle pins, and wheel bearings. Those are the parts that constantly fail on it pushing that sucker 60mph+

With the new parts coming, I think the center diff and stronger axle pins could benefit me, alot!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rattmobbins View Post
    Where is everyone getting the idea that the new version with all the new parts and beefier motor is gonna be just $899?

Can't find anything about it on the website...

If that's the case, I'm craiglisting my 3 month old X-Maxx today and will buy the new one!!!

** Edit ** Nevermind, I'm retarded. Just saw it. Well, bye bye until Feb. Mr. X-Maxx!!!
    I did consider this but I think Mk1 Xmaxx risiduals will have taken a major hit with this new release so wont be worth it financially.

RC Racer
    Got tracking info. Kit is due to arrive Tuesday.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyTanker View Post

Gen Patton "You’re never beaten until you admit it."
    Hi,

What about all us poor guys that leave outside of the US?
    According to your website Traxxas currently doesn't offers shipping to overseas.
    Can you please tell me how could I get my hands on one?

Thanks

Traxxas Employee
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpowell911 View Post
    I did consider this but I think Mk1 Xmaxx risiduals will have taken a major hit with this new release so wont be worth it financially.
    Let's hope not. The whole purpose of offering a Power-Up is so that your X-Maxx is not obsolete when the new model gets released. Any X-Maxx can become an 8s X-Maxx.

I bought one of the first X-Maxxes sold and it's had some abuse for sure. The great thing about the Power-Up for me is that I am replacing parts that I needed to replace anyway. I've been putting it off. My clutch slips like a banana peel because the pads are worn out. My stub axles are hollowed out and my diff ring gears look haggard. The Power-Up is basically refreshing my X-Maxx to like-new condition. The Center Drive is just icing on the cake. You can't please everyone, but I am super excited about the upgrade.

RC Racer
    Ive added a centre diff and diy cush drive earlier this year.
    in theory this should put less stress on the drive train.

IRL I destroyed front differential gears due to front wheels getting insane speed and unloading rear diff.

Going from full throttle to zero when front wheels grip.

So running on dirt/sand is not a good combination with heavy truck and large wheels
    Last edited by Superlead; 12-15-2016 at 11:23 AM.

RC poster
    All I can say is, I am SO glad that I waited on getting the Maxx6, I was going to get one right after the first of the year and then Traxxas did the POWER UP. Sweet. Even though I have only run the truck one time since I got it back in August (I know I know , its just that life has gotten in the way these last few months). With that said my power up kit will be here on Monday or Tuesday. I think i will put on the esc, fan and wheelie bar on and change the gearing then wait and change the rest as it breaks.

RC Qualifier
    First person to get the new truck or hop up kit if your in my area I challenge you against my Xmaxx with my setup on 6s. 😎
    V1 BL5/2028, V2 max6/5882, Erevo, Summit, Rustler.

RC Qualifier
    Good to have some Traxxas guys on the forum to answer some of our questions.

As for the upgrades coming out it's very positive and a step in the right direction even if you don't need all the bits.

They have certainly addressed some of the issues we have been having,
    I'm from rip off Britain

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddogg951 View Post
    First person to get the new truck or hop up kit if your in my area I challenge you against my Xmaxx with my setup on 6s. 😎
    What are you looking to prove?

RC Racer
    I should be getting the upgrade kit Monday. Should be a nice combination with the Traxxas 8s esc and a leopard 5892 1340kv on 8s. Wondering on the speed with a 29 tooth Pinon and 54 tooth spur gear. If that's the spur size that comes with the kit. Can't remember if it said. Do plan on using my max 5 esc but I need to use it for another truck

RC poster

Smile Upgrades Shipped

Hey Guys! Just got an e-mail from Traxxas, my 8S Upgrade, Charger and Batteries will arrive on Monday, weather permitting we are getting pounded by snow. Will let you know how the install and first drive go!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffm1000 View Post
    Watch out Maddogg, fun police are here

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxyfe View Post
    Watch out Maddogg, fun police are here
    Please do take the time to explain this statement and the falsities behind it...
    The Super Derecho

I don't know if someone asked before, but did Traxxas include the possibility to add the magnet and the RPM sensor on this new release???
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    I don't know if someone asked before, but did Traxxas include the possibility to add the magnet and the RPM sensor on this new release???
    That would be awesome. Next week a few kits will be received. I'll check it out Tuesday to see if there is an obvious sport for RPM sensor.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffm1000 View Post
    Well they wanted to make an 8s Xmaxx to go 50mph... I think my car on 6s will still be faster so no point in me buying the power up.

RC Racer
    OK gotcha. I see the upgrade in a different light. More of a way to make the drivetrain more rugged and handle the power of 6S and potentially 8S systems. I'm hoping as probably the vast majority here are that durability vastly improves.....top end will be a bonus. Nearly any RC can be hopped up to hit higher speeds but can it sustain it out bashing?

Well they wanted to make an 8s Xmaxx to go 50mph... I think my car on 6s will still be faster so no point in me buying the power up.

RC Competitor
    I just ordered mine for Christmas, hope it gets here. Now what can Traxxas do for the M41 Boat?��

RC Competitor
    When I take this thing apart anything I should upgrade? Aluminum diff cases and diff covers? I do plan on new shock shafts but just thinking with it apart do it now. I do a lot of street speed runs and fast dirt tracks with no big jumps
    Thanks for your reply

Is your truck's motor and electronics stock? What gearing do you use?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glafko View Post
    When I take this thing apart anything I should upgrade? Aluminum diff cases and diff covers? I do plan on new shock shafts but just thinking with it apart do it now. I do a lot of street speed runs and fast dirt tracks with no big jumps
    Thanks for your reply
    waste of money imo.

But I would definitely look to upgrading the shock shafts if performing big jumps.
    We are all one race. The human race.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mdschmidt90 View Post
    Is your truck's motor and electronics stock? What gearing do you use?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    No my motor and esc are not stock. I have the bl5/2028 combo running 53/50 gearing currently.

RC Competitor
    The touque bias center diff will transfer power alot better than the 4 spider gear (open) center diffs found on most RC cars

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast