Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by BT_EMT View Post
    Does the upgrade kit describe in the instructions using different viscosity oil to change the front/rear bias or does this seem not as adjustable as a 1/8 scale buggy center diff ? I want those front tires on the ground digging in and not pretending to be pizza cutters ! The video does make it look to be less tire balooning.
    im not entirely sure i didnt read them lol

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by BT_EMT View Post
    Does the upgrade kit describe in the instructions using different viscosity oil to change the front/rear bias or does this seem not as adjustable as a 1/8 scale buggy center diff ? I want those front tires on the ground digging in and not pretending to be pizza cutters ! The video does make it look to be less tire balooning.
    The center diff uses the same seals as the front/rear diffs. You should be fine with lighter weight oil if desired.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks cheezy! Great pics with measurements and everything!

RC Champion
    Can't wait til they sell parts from the 8s power plus separately..
    "AVENGED SEVENFOLD "

RC Qualifier
    Does the new kit have a steel spur? How come the whole thing part 7795 isn't on Tower yet?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpowell911 View Post
    Does the new kit have a steel spur?
    Yes. Kit comes with 54T steel spur, 15T & 18T pinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kpowell911 View Post
    How come the whole thing part 7795 isn't on Tower yet?
    I don't think we can answer a Tower Hobbies inventory or database question sufficiently. Best to ask them.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Why a new 15 tooth? 1.5 mod?

Cheezy it is a little stiiffer because of the all steel drivetrain.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    I just want the drive train and center diff. I think this is going to make for a great reliable 6s system for something like a max6 esc and Leopard 5874. 8s is still asking for trouble I think. Not putting the 8s guys down or anything. As I've gotten older I just prefer driving them more than working on them all the time.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamState View Post
    I just want the drive train and center diff. I think this is going to make for a great reliable 6s system for something like a max6 esc and Leopard 5874. 8s is still asking for trouble I think. Not putting the 8s guys down or anything. As I've gotten older I just prefer driving them more than working on them all the time.
    Exactly what I'm after.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    What pinion are you running with that setup? I'm about to order.

RC Racer
    I don't have that motor yet. Just a max6 with stock motor and 18/54

RC Racer
    Same here. Any idea what is suggested? $20 a pop from KD I'd rather start work one or two.

RC Racer
    Just call and let them know what you are going to be running and what kind of top speed you are looking for.

RC Racer
    I'm using leopard 5892 1340kv with a 29 tooth Pinon and the 54 tooth spur gear from the power up kit. With the new traxxas 8s esc. So far I haven't had any thermal issues. But it's been under 30 degrees here in Indiana lol. I'm also just running on 6s going to 8s ASAP

RC Racer

Looks like xmas came early

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionisi View Post

Looks like xmas came early
    Let me know how the new charger and batteries are.

RC Racer
    Yea will do. Gonna still run on 6s for a few more weeks until I do the upgrade. It's running great already topping out at 48 reliably so this upgrade is kinda risky. What can I say I'm an impulse buyer and the allure of 8s was too much.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by dallas1990 View Post
    I'm using leopard 5892 1340kv with a 29 tooth Pinon and the 54 tooth spur gear from the power up kit. With the new traxxas 8s esc. So far I haven't had any thermal issues. But it's been under 30 degrees here in Indiana lol. I'm also just running on 6s going to 8s ASAP
    You're braver with a bigger budget , I ordered the Leopard 5874 6S setup with an 18T and 20T pinion to put in the power up XMAXX. Hoping to run with no fans and have no thermal issues while getting plenty of low end and decent top end,. With the Savox SB2290SG servo in the mail this thing should be a beast running IMEX J7's. Come on spring.

RC Racer
    Does that servo fit? You using an adapter?

RC Competitor
    I feel stupid now for buying my xmaxx when I did. I spent 800 on the truck 180 on a esc that wouldn't burn up, went through about 150-200 on drivetrain parts that keep breaking til this day now they're gonna offer a package with all the upgraded diff parts and esc for 300 bux with the exchange of the old esc. Looks like first gen owners was guinea pigs for all the stuff they changed on the 2nd gen. First gen people have to get this upgrade to enjoy the truck, the price puts first xmaxx people over 1100$ to enjoy their investment. Meanwhile you can drop 900 and get it how it should of came with an upgraded motor and a capable esc. I'm a little blown about this, If they wanted to help first gen owners they should of sent us an email a month prior to let us know so we could sell our trucks and rebuy it for cheaper than the upgrade and you get the motor. It's prolly better to sell your xmaxx for 600 to 700 and pay the difference when the truck drops and you'll get the new motor for the same price or less. My xmaxx motor went out and i had maybe 5 hours of total drive time with a castle fan on 18/54. And the truck can feel under powered and i was planning to upgrade to a leopard 1340kv Now i kinda wanna sell it and get my money back cause i'm trying to keep this truck under 1500 dollars and for that kinda money I would of built me a brushless losi 5t which I didn't because traxxas pulled this out of the blue. Looks like their getting their money back for all the free parts that had to be sent out initially for drivetrain and to solve their esc issue once and for all. I know some of you guys can stand on a bridge all day and pee your money off it but most really can't. They used the first group of people to make the truck right, now to get your truck to the level of the next one it's gonna put you at 1100 without the motor and these are all fixes to the first gen to just be realiable smh. Chances are the motor is gonna give on 8s and then will be forced to buy another motor so I def wouldn't run 8s unless for giggles. Feeling burned on 300 dollars that's crazy without the motor. Wheres the common sense gone in people there saying those parts are worth 475 dollars when the truck is 900 thats over half the trucks price for way less than half the truck how does that go over eveybody's head? I get that phone companies do the same thing but wow atleast wait two years before you let us know you can make more money off us with an unreliable truck so far. Thats awesome that their are people who have never had a thing happen to their truck but i dont even hit over 70% throttle anymore just cause I want to drive the truck more than repair it. What do slightly modded xmaxx go for?

Quote Originally Posted by SPOOk84 View Post
    Wheres the common sense gone in people there saying those parts are worth 475 dollars when the truck is 900 thats over half the trucks price for way less than half the truck how does that go over eveybody's head?
    Parts are worth more than the whole. If it was not profitable this way then then eBay would not be full of merchants selling out parted RC vehicles. It is the same with autos, phone parts and just about everything out there so it is no different than the RC world.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    Does that servo fit? You using an adapter?
    yes it will fit with adapter but you still need to do a bit of trimming,here is the link look at post #33

https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...X-Maxx-Project
    "AVENGED SEVENFOLD "

RC Racer
    Completely agree with you Spook84!
    They've put us in a very bad position.
    Can sell the truck for much and can't stand it now when I can see what it could and should be..

RC Competitor
    Most of those guys are getting at cost and selling parts which makes a difference cause their not paying as much for it as you or i would. You might get it for 800 on the site they might get it for 675.

RC Racer
    All this complaining on how the truck "should have been" from the start.Let's not forget the xmaxx is a ground-up design so getting everything right the first time is really not the way things work. The truck never even had a chance to evolve yet. Again my biggest gripe is the obvious terrible esc. Having worked at a hobbyshop a customer wanted the same gearing I had in my truck after seeing it run. He was still on stock esc and mine on a max6. I couldn't believe how much slower it was than mine even with the same gearing and the amount of weird lag. Anyway getting off subject, we are gearing these things to the moon and putting ridiculous voltage through them and that's not what they were built from the start. There is no bombproof rc unless it's a special one-off titanium this or "diamond coated"that. I've own almost every rig under the sun. Sure traxxas ain't perfect but they've been good and unlike some other company's just straight up discontinue an rc and be done with it.

RC Racer
    PATS4LIFE: Thanks for the information. Very much appreciated.

RC Racer
    What do slightly modded xmaxx go for?
    I sold my X-Maxx with Max6 ESC, SMC 9000 3S battery pair, front and rear spiral-cut gears, and VG shock springs for $700. Could have probably listed it for more though. Sold immediately when it hit the market. Netted $630 after fees. Had a little more than $1200 into the truck.
    X-Maxx, Slash 4x4 LCG, ZMR250 Quadcopter

RC Racer
    I feel stupid now for buying my xmaxx when I did. I spent 800 on the truck 180 on a esc that wouldn't burn up, went through about 150-200 on drivetrain parts that keep breaking til this day now they're gonna offer a package with all the upgraded diff parts and esc for 300 bux with the exchange of the old esc. Looks like first gen owners was guinea pigs for all the stuff they changed on the 2nd gen. First gen people have to get this upgrade to enjoy the truck, the price puts first xmaxx people over 1100$ to enjoy their investment. Meanwhile you can drop 900 and get it how it should of came with an upgraded motor and a capable esc. I'm a little blown about this, If they wanted to help first gen owners they should of sent us an email a month prior to let us know so we could sell our trucks and rebuy it for cheaper than the upgrade and you get the motor. It's prolly better to sell your xmaxx for 600 to 700 and pay the difference when the truck drops and you'll get the new motor for the same price or less. My xmaxx motor went out and i had maybe 5 hours of total drive time with a castle fan on 18/54. And the truck can feel under powered and i was planning to upgrade to a leopard 1340kv Now i kinda wanna sell it and get my money back cause i'm trying to keep this truck under 1500 dollars and for that kinda money I would of built me a brushless losi 5t which I didn't because traxxas pulled this out of the blue. Looks like their getting their money back for all the free parts that had to be sent out initially for drivetrain and to solve their esc issue once and for all. I know some of you guys can stand on a bridge all day and pee your money off it but most really can't. They used the first group of people to make the truck right, now to get your truck to the level of the next one it's gonna put you at 1100 without the motor and these are all fixes to the first gen to just be realiable smh. Chances are the motor is gonna give on 8s and then will be forced to buy another motor so I def wouldn't run 8s unless for giggles. Feeling burned on 300 dollars that's crazy without the motor. Wheres the common sense gone in people there saying those parts are worth 475 dollars when the truck is 900 thats over half the trucks price for way less than half the truck how does that go over eveybody's head? I get that phone companies do the same thing but wow atleast wait two years before you let us know you can make more money off us with an unreliable truck so far. Thats awesome that their are people who have never had a thing happen to their truck but i dont even hit over 70% throttle anymore just cause I want to drive the truck more than repair it. What do slightly modded xmaxx go for?
    I had much more money in my TMaxx and this truck is way more fun, easier to work on, performs better and is far more durable. It's an expensive hobby. Traxxas is doing it right with this one.

RC Competitor
    Wow!!!! Thanks a million Wolf!! You saved me a lot of pain and heartache!!

RC Racer
    Are the kits in local hobby shops yet? I'm really looking forward to picking it up. Here's my thinking... traxxas designed this truck, traxxas listened to the customers that complained about lack of power and parts breaking and worked on improving their model. Traxxas releases new model and upgrade kit to get your current gen truck up to date and people complain. If you have a first gen x maxx and want to run 8s, you need third party stuff (esc, driveline, etc) to make it capable... pretty sure that's more than another 300$ and you don't get genuine traxxas parts and service. You just can't please anyone anymore these days, it really is pathetic as a society and species.

I for one am looking forward to seeing how the stock motor holds up to 8s abuse. And I wonder if traxxas has plans for any kind of other tire options

$300 is still cheaper than the new $900 gen 2 xmaxx... plus you can keep old parts, run the drive shafts and diffs into the ground and then boom you have new beefier better parts to be installed.
    We have all taken our xmaxx down different roads.. if you treated your xmaxx beyond the design of the truck for 8s alone then you should have known that replacement parts where in your furtue. Im not happy about spending the $300 on the upgrade kit but I did it in knowing I'm not going to be able to sell it as is and buy a new one for a cheaper price. Patience really does pay off.... had I waited another year I would have been in that group of people waiting for this day's moment... the moment of not knowing and seeing this new 8s xmaxx, but then now look at us xmaxx owners and all the fun we have had this year with our xmaxx the 6s version... I couldn't take it back for anything..... I'm glad to be apart of the group that spoke out to traxxas to make them even come up with better products and they listened... a company that listens is why we all support Traxxas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mdschmidt90; 12-22-2016 at 01:12 AM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mdschmidt90 View Post
    $300 is still cheaper than the new $900 gen 2 xmaxx... plus you can keep old parts, run the drive shafts and diffs into the ground and then boom you have new beefier better parts to be installed.
    We have all taken our xmaxx down different roads.. if you treated your xmaxx beyond the design of the truck for 8s alone then you should have known that replacement parts where in your furtue. Im not happy about spending the $300 on the upgrade kit but I did it in knowing I'm not going to be able to sell it as is and buy a new one for a cheaper price. Patience really does pay off.... had I waited another year I would have been in that group of people waiting for this day's moment... the moment of not knowing and seeing this new 8s xmaxx, but then now look at us xmaxx owners and all the fun we have had this year with our xmaxx the 6s version... I couldn't take it back for anything..... I'm glad to be apart of the group that spoke out to traxxas to make them even come up with better products and they listened... a company that listens is why we all support Traxxas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    $300 plus the $175?
    "AVENGED SEVENFOLD "

RC Competitor
    I received my Xmaxx 8s conversion yesterday. If you follow the instructions and look at the diagrams it will take you about 4hrs the first time through. Now that I have completed it, I could probably do another conversion in half the time. The instructions could have been a bit better, but I am assuming there will be a video soon that will show better details and maybe talk about diff oil weights ect. All the parts went in smoothly, and I had no binding at all. All that was left was setting up the ESC this morning. I gave it a 6s maiden after that and noticed right away the typical metal pinion gear, on metal spur gear sound. Much like 1/8th buggies the metal on metal noise tends to get quieter as you run the gears in. As for the ESC, its extremely smooth compared to my 6s esc (which is on its way back). I like the "feel" and it ran pretty darn cool along with the new motor cooling. Before the conversion, after 15mins of running, the motor would be so hot you couldn't touch it for long. After the conversion and new fans it felt barely warm to touch. Overall nice kit for the money.

RC Competitor
    Question why can't they serperate the esc why do i have to send my esc in for the price to be practical. 900 for xmaxx gen 2 or 1275 to hopefully make it able to handle it's own power and weight. I don't do the crazy stuff like jumps over houses and jumping skate parks so I expect the truck to last. But consistently for the whole year my truck was either sitting cause a broken axle pin which use to be my problem everytime the truck would almost do rear wheelie in the grass I would hear those pins snap. So i bought drill bits and grinded them down to fit perfect and I been runnin those since. Then it became the rear diff ring gear all the time. After I locked the rear the ring gear doesn't break off teeth no where near as much as it use to. Next the traxxas pinion kept stripping leaving teeth to go all up in the gears which one time I didn't drive the maxx for month and change straight because I couldnt' figure out the clicking sound which later i fully took it apart to find a piece of gear stuck in the transmission output gear. fixed that and then stripped every gear on the spur 4 to 5 times with the slipper clutch loose. I just recently had to replace all the rear drive components because the pinion grenaded and basically ruined almost everything exept my hot racing metal spur which seems like the only part i put in my truck thats made out of reallly high quality metal. No matter what its still cheaper to sell and buy it over then it is to upgrade. We tested the truck for them and to get it to were it can be reliable they want 300 and your 250 dollar esc. I hate that it comes off as complaining, I m just unhappy with what i been through with this awesome truck when running and to now have to pay more and get less than the next gen owner. They listened to us and now took our feed back now their offering parts made specifically because the issue we all had for a price that clearly makes the first gen xmaxx cost a good chunk more then next one which is better. This kit was clearly designed to cover the issues were all still having and we have to pay more money to make our truck realiable and 475$ I feel like were all getting penalized to have a reliable xmaxx exept the ballers cause they can do this all day. I invested 800 hundred to get the truck and then 300 to keep it running now for me to stop having those issues i have to drop half the price of the new truck to get it to the reliable 6s stage. They should make the ballers pay for half the other owners xmaxx upgrade, I'm willing to take all offers on a donation for atleast half lol. I think they should of offered just the drivetrain parts and fan for 150. We made the xmaxx better because of feed back and traxxas wanting to make it better so don't burn me by making me invest that much back into the truck to make it what we complained about for a year. They watched all of us mod them put bigger motors in go to kershaw for stronger diffs all this they been watching for they year and as a company they did awesome they took our feedback and fixed the truck, but now those same owners are paying 300 plus their esc for an 8s upgrade?how does that make sense it can barely handle itself and for a fact current xmaxx owners who have those problems can make their now 1200 dollar xmaxx be almost as good as the next gen 900 dollar xmaxx with all the stuff we asked for. So in short If your a first gen owner your maxx will almost be the price of one and half plus some. Someones willing to pay me 675 for mine lol without batteries, so if I sell that my new maxx won't be that much besides what I lost which i'll justify that with having a new motor. The prices are an issue when you see your self selling your old one and getting the new one for cheaper than the upgrade and all your time was for what. When the fist gen average cost is around 1300 for what the 900 dollar one cost. Those motors will go and then they can offer to sell you another motor which will be around 250. first gen cash pits. They clearly lost some money when they kept sending out parts for the fist gen and their trying to recoup a little bit of that back with this upgrade package. They didn't think about the guys who had to go around their esc and buy another one so they failed in that part of thinking about us and gave us an only option or wait till their new one comes out if you dont like that package. Thing about people is they don't wanna wait for anything and im sure there counting on us to do that exactly. I was actually gonna get a slash for christmas because i wanted something realiable i can just drive without all the issues and when I seen that package i was like oh snap never mind the slash but after realizing how this all played out for me and my pockets to enjoy this truck I think ill decline and just wait so I dont feel like i'm being screwed over in some way. First and last time i'll jump on any of traxxas new vehicles for a year minimum.
    Last edited by SPOOk84; 12-22-2016 at 05:29 PM.

Question ..... minimum.
    I'll repost this as your "argument" has been stated over and over since its release:
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G
    At the end of the day Traxxas is in the business to make money and how they handle their business and decisions is up to them. It will affect customers no matter what and they have to gauge how to please their current base, build it up further and obtain more market share.

We have the money in our wallets and can spend it wherever we want. Supply/demand. If there is no demand then the price will drop due to excess supply and vise versa. If you don't like that Traxxas did this then don't buy. If you do, then fork over the cash.

No one outside of Traxxas knows what happens inside their walls. Your assumption is that the price of the 6s version will remain the same but what if the price drops some when the 8s is available? Other from those inside, the 8s and the Power-Up were a surprise to virtually everybody and Traxxas does not owe it to anyone to leak privy information - to us customers, forum members or moderators. As for this release, maybe it is a window into seeing that Traxxas does keep their eyes on the forums and see how they can better their products. A company can only do so much R&D in-house and they reengineer parts that break and retest; once they are satisfied any issues may be resolved they can release it to the public. Once a decent volume of product reaches our hands only then will they see some common issues arise that need addressing that may not have popped up their heads during testing. Hence recalls, service bulletins and so forth. This is true with any product line.

I see this no different than any other business or product line. Samsung or Apple releasing their latest and greatest phone after we just purchased the previous model. TV's, automobiles, computers, tablets, shall I go on? Sure we may get a heads-up about what is coming out with them but they may tweak some things before the release date. Plus their products affect hundreds of times more people than this hobby ever will.
    The Super Derecho

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by rattmobbins View Post
    Holy crap dude. Paragraphs. Look into them.
    Yeah, really ... It hurt just looking at it.

I emailed Traxxas a couple of days back, asking how can I get the upgrade as I don't live in the US, still waiting for a reply, I get the feeling that will never happen....
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
    Yeah, really ... It hurt just looking at it.
    Yeah that hurt my brain too. Possible first place winner of longest rant ever in the forums !
    3905 E-MAXX

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast