Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by SPOOk84 View Post
    I feel stupid now for buying my xmaxx when I did. I spent 800 on the truck 180 on a esc that wouldn't burn up, went through about 150-200 on drivetrain parts that keep breaking til this day now they're gonna offer a package with all the upgraded diff parts and esc for 300 bux with the exchange of the old esc. Looks like first gen owners was guinea pigs for all the stuff they changed on the 2nd gen. First gen people have to get this upgrade to enjoy the truck, the price puts first xmaxx people over 1100$ to enjoy their investment. Meanwhile you can drop 900 and get it how it should of came with an upgraded motor and a capable esc. I'm a little blown about this, If they wanted to help first gen owners they should of sent us an email a month prior to let us know so we could sell our trucks and rebuy it for cheaper than the upgrade and you get the motor. It's prolly better to sell your xmaxx for 600 to 700 and pay the difference when the truck drops and you'll get the new motor for the same price or less. My xmaxx motor went out and i had maybe 5 hours of total drive time with a castle fan on 18/54. And the truck can feel under powered and i was planning to upgrade to a leopard 1340kv Now i kinda wanna sell it and get my money back cause i'm trying to keep this truck under 1500 dollars and for that kinda money I would of built me a brushless losi 5t which I didn't because traxxas pulled this out of the blue. Looks like their getting their money back for all the free parts that had to be sent out initially for drivetrain and to solve their esc issue once and for all. I know some of you guys can stand on a bridge all day and pee your money off it but most really can't. They used the first group of people to make the truck right, now to get your truck to the level of the next one it's gonna put you at 1100 without the motor and these are all fixes to the first gen to just be realiable smh. Chances are the motor is gonna give on 8s and then will be forced to buy another motor so I def wouldn't run 8s unless for giggles. Feeling burned on 300 dollars that's crazy without the motor. Wheres the common sense gone in people there saying those parts are worth 475 dollars when the truck is 900 thats over half the trucks price for way less than half the truck how does that go over eveybody's head? I get that phone companies do the same thing but wow atleast wait two years before you let us know you can make more money off us with an unreliable truck so far. Thats awesome that their are people who have never had a thing happen to their truck but i dont even hit over 70% throttle anymore just cause I want to drive the truck more than repair it. What do slightly modded xmaxx go for?
    I had much more money in my TMaxx and this truck is way more fun, easier to work on, performs better and is far more durable. It's an expensive hobby. Traxxas is doing it right with this one.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Wow!!!! Thanks a million Wolf!! You saved me a lot of pain and heartache!!

RC Racer
    Are the kits in local hobby shops yet? I'm really looking forward to picking it up. Here's my thinking... traxxas designed this truck, traxxas listened to the customers that complained about lack of power and parts breaking and worked on improving their model. Traxxas releases new model and upgrade kit to get your current gen truck up to date and people complain. If you have a first gen x maxx and want to run 8s, you need third party stuff (esc, driveline, etc) to make it capable... pretty sure that's more than another 300$ and you don't get genuine traxxas parts and service. You just can't please anyone anymore these days, it really is pathetic as a society and species.

I for one am looking forward to seeing how the stock motor holds up to 8s abuse. And I wonder if traxxas has plans for any kind of other tire options

$300 is still cheaper than the new $900 gen 2 xmaxx... plus you can keep old parts, run the drive shafts and diffs into the ground and then boom you have new beefier better parts to be installed.
    We have all taken our xmaxx down different roads.. if you treated your xmaxx beyond the design of the truck for 8s alone then you should have known that replacement parts where in your furtue. Im not happy about spending the $300 on the upgrade kit but I did it in knowing I'm not going to be able to sell it as is and buy a new one for a cheaper price. Patience really does pay off.... had I waited another year I would have been in that group of people waiting for this day's moment... the moment of not knowing and seeing this new 8s xmaxx, but then now look at us xmaxx owners and all the fun we have had this year with our xmaxx the 6s version... I couldn't take it back for anything..... I'm glad to be apart of the group that spoke out to traxxas to make them even come up with better products and they listened... a company that listens is why we all support Traxxas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mdschmidt90; 12-22-2016 at 01:12 AM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mdschmidt90 View Post
    $300 is still cheaper than the new $900 gen 2 xmaxx... plus you can keep old parts, run the drive shafts and diffs into the ground and then boom you have new beefier better parts to be installed.
    We have all taken our xmaxx down different roads.. if you treated your xmaxx beyond the design of the truck for 8s alone then you should have known that replacement parts where in your furtue. Im not happy about spending the $300 on the upgrade kit but I did it in knowing I'm not going to be able to sell it as is and buy a new one for a cheaper price. Patience really does pay off.... had I waited another year I would have been in that group of people waiting for this day's moment... the moment of not knowing and seeing this new 8s xmaxx, but then now look at us xmaxx owners and all the fun we have had this year with our xmaxx the 6s version... I couldn't take it back for anything..... I'm glad to be apart of the group that spoke out to traxxas to make them even come up with better products and they listened... a company that listens is why we all support Traxxas.

$300 plus the $175?
    "AVENGED SEVENFOLD "

RC Competitor
    I received my Xmaxx 8s conversion yesterday. If you follow the instructions and look at the diagrams it will take you about 4hrs the first time through. Now that I have completed it, I could probably do another conversion in half the time. The instructions could have been a bit better, but I am assuming there will be a video soon that will show better details and maybe talk about diff oil weights ect. All the parts went in smoothly, and I had no binding at all. All that was left was setting up the ESC this morning. I gave it a 6s maiden after that and noticed right away the typical metal pinion gear, on metal spur gear sound. Much like 1/8th buggies the metal on metal noise tends to get quieter as you run the gears in. As for the ESC, its extremely smooth compared to my 6s esc (which is on its way back). I like the "feel" and it ran pretty darn cool along with the new motor cooling. Before the conversion, after 15mins of running, the motor would be so hot you couldn't touch it for long. After the conversion and new fans it felt barely warm to touch. Overall nice kit for the money.

RC Competitor
    Question why can't they serperate the esc why do i have to send my esc in for the price to be practical. 900 for xmaxx gen 2 or 1275 to hopefully make it able to handle it's own power and weight. I don't do the crazy stuff like jumps over houses and jumping skate parks so I expect the truck to last. But consistently for the whole year my truck was either sitting cause a broken axle pin which use to be my problem everytime the truck would almost do rear wheelie in the grass I would hear those pins snap. So i bought drill bits and grinded them down to fit perfect and I been runnin those since. Then it became the rear diff ring gear all the time. After I locked the rear the ring gear doesn't break off teeth no where near as much as it use to. Next the traxxas pinion kept stripping leaving teeth to go all up in the gears which one time I didn't drive the maxx for month and change straight because I couldnt' figure out the clicking sound which later i fully took it apart to find a piece of gear stuck in the transmission output gear. fixed that and then stripped every gear on the spur 4 to 5 times with the slipper clutch loose. I just recently had to replace all the rear drive components because the pinion grenaded and basically ruined almost everything exept my hot racing metal spur which seems like the only part i put in my truck thats made out of reallly high quality metal. No matter what its still cheaper to sell and buy it over then it is to upgrade. We tested the truck for them and to get it to were it can be reliable they want 300 and your 250 dollar esc. I hate that it comes off as complaining, I m just unhappy with what i been through with this awesome truck when running and to now have to pay more and get less than the next gen owner. They listened to us and now took our feed back now their offering parts made specifically because the issue we all had for a price that clearly makes the first gen xmaxx cost a good chunk more then next one which is better. This kit was clearly designed to cover the issues were all still having and we have to pay more money to make our truck realiable and 475$ I feel like were all getting penalized to have a reliable xmaxx exept the ballers cause they can do this all day. I invested 800 hundred to get the truck and then 300 to keep it running now for me to stop having those issues i have to drop half the price of the new truck to get it to the reliable 6s stage. They should make the ballers pay for half the other owners xmaxx upgrade, I'm willing to take all offers on a donation for atleast half lol. I think they should of offered just the drivetrain parts and fan for 150. We made the xmaxx better because of feed back and traxxas wanting to make it better so don't burn me by making me invest that much back into the truck to make it what we complained about for a year. They watched all of us mod them put bigger motors in go to kershaw for stronger diffs all this they been watching for they year and as a company they did awesome they took our feedback and fixed the truck, but now those same owners are paying 300 plus their esc for an 8s upgrade?how does that make sense it can barely handle itself and for a fact current xmaxx owners who have those problems can make their now 1200 dollar xmaxx be almost as good as the next gen 900 dollar xmaxx with all the stuff we asked for. So in short If your a first gen owner your maxx will almost be the price of one and half plus some. Someones willing to pay me 675 for mine lol without batteries, so if I sell that my new maxx won't be that much besides what I lost which i'll justify that with having a new motor. The prices are an issue when you see your self selling your old one and getting the new one for cheaper than the upgrade and all your time was for what. When the fist gen average cost is around 1300 for what the 900 dollar one cost. Those motors will go and then they can offer to sell you another motor which will be around 250. first gen cash pits. They clearly lost some money when they kept sending out parts for the fist gen and their trying to recoup a little bit of that back with this upgrade package. They didn't think about the guys who had to go around their esc and buy another one so they failed in that part of thinking about us and gave us an only option or wait till their new one comes out if you dont like that package. Thing about people is they don't wanna wait for anything and im sure there counting on us to do that exactly. I was actually gonna get a slash for christmas because i wanted something realiable i can just drive without all the issues and when I seen that package i was like oh snap never mind the slash but after realizing how this all played out for me and my pockets to enjoy this truck I think ill decline and just wait so I dont feel like i'm being screwed over in some way. First and last time i'll jump on any of traxxas new vehicles for a year minimum.
    Last edited by SPOOk84; 12-22-2016 at 05:29 PM.

Question ..... minimum.
    I'll repost this as your "argument" has been stated over and over since its release:
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G
    At the end of the day Traxxas is in the business to make money and how they handle their business and decisions is up to them. It will affect customers no matter what and they have to gauge how to please their current base, build it up further and obtain more market share.

We have the money in our wallets and can spend it wherever we want. Supply/demand. If there is no demand then the price will drop due to excess supply and vise versa. If you don't like that Traxxas did this then don't buy. If you do, then fork over the cash.

No one outside of Traxxas knows what happens inside their walls. Your assumption is that the price of the 6s version will remain the same but what if the price drops some when the 8s is available? Other from those inside, the 8s and the Power-Up were a surprise to virtually everybody and Traxxas does not owe it to anyone to leak privy information - to us customers, forum members or moderators. As for this release, maybe it is a window into seeing that Traxxas does keep their eyes on the forums and see how they can better their products. A company can only do so much R&D in-house and they reengineer parts that break and retest; once they are satisfied any issues may be resolved they can release it to the public. Once a decent volume of product reaches our hands only then will they see some common issues arise that need addressing that may not have popped up their heads during testing. Hence recalls, service bulletins and so forth. This is true with any product line.

I see this no different than any other business or product line. Samsung or Apple releasing their latest and greatest phone after we just purchased the previous model. TV's, automobiles, computers, tablets, shall I go on? Sure we may get a heads-up about what is coming out with them but they may tweak some things before the release date. Plus their products affect hundreds of times more people than this hobby ever will.
    The Super Derecho

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by rattmobbins View Post
    Holy crap dude. Paragraphs. Look into them.
    Yeah, really ... It hurt just looking at it.

I emailed Traxxas a couple of days back, asking how can I get the upgrade as I don't live in the US, still waiting for a reply, I get the feeling that will never happen....
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
    Yeah, really ... It hurt just looking at it.
    Yeah that hurt my brain too. Possible first place winner of longest rant ever in the forums !
    3905 E-MAXX

RC Competitor
    I was frustrated about the whole thing the more I looked into it. I get it most people just accept it as is, when you don't have money to burn your much more conscious and aware of how things are and it drives you nuts cause it seems like everybody else either doesn't understand it and others are like hey man it is what it is and don't mind the 90 degree angle. They do it with graphics cards, cars, and everything is just getting nostalgic from all of it.

Every year they release a that year car and I'm just like why do humans do this crap to each other over and over. Either way I will eventually buy the parts, which I still think about buying but I want to see if others motors go first and if so will traxxas have a response. Does that new kit come with any gearing suggestions on 8s. I wish after market motors could fit with the stock mounts which is why I wouldn't mind getting my hand on that new motor. Offer me a kit with that motor for 350 plus the brand new one they sent me and I'll gladly do so.
    Last edited by SPOOk84; 12-23-2016 at 01:26 AM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by BT_EMT View Post
    Yeah that hurt my brain too. Possible first place winner of longest rant ever in the forums !
    Im up set about not being able to drive my truck reliably but seeing as it's to much for your brain to handle cause your dismissive of other peoples perspectives and feelings, I'll keep it short next time like I do with my dog when Im giving him commands. I was honestly upset about it, I didn't come on traxxas website to hackled by the guys who are in the same situatiion but can dump more money than me.
    Last edited by SPOOk84; 12-23-2016 at 01:42 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Why can't you drive your truck reliably?
    There are several on here who mention they've 'an original spec' 'X' and have hammered the snot out of it without problem.

Yes, we see the new specifications are quite substantially higher in several areas than the original, but it's not an origami original, made of paper.

What I'm saying, and NOT having a go at you, but within some limits, it's perfectly feasible you will really enjoy your original.

My guess is that once the 'V2' is out, the individual parts will start coming out - I'm sure breakers like Jenny's will be assisting, but I would then 'replace as you break' until you do end up with a V2-spec truck, if that's what you really want.

I'd say, enjoy what you have, then if / as / when the need arises take the breakage occasion as an opportunity to upgrade - SIMPLES!!

Al.

RC Racer
    Hobby grade RC cars are not an investment. Far far far from them in fact. I still don't understand what everyone is so upset about.. no one made you buy the first gen trucks, no one made you buy the new aftermarket ESC, no one made you buy new driveline parts (your driving style did) to expect traxxas to not keep making changes is silly. Back in 1999 when my tmaxx was a pro .15, I (along with how many countless others) didn't whine and moan when the 2.5 came out, or when the 3.3 came out, i certainly didn't expect the new motor for nothing. Im just saying, why is it surprising that traxxas is offering a power up kit that THEY branded, with THEIR esc, and THEIR upgraded driveline, for a price? Like others have said, traxxas could have just said tough luck first gen owners, want the new 8S capable system then buy the new truck... but they didn't. 300$ in this hobby, let alone a 1/6 scale vehicle, is not super duper expensive. I'm not rich by any means, nor do i stand on bridges throwing my money off them, but i (like many others) will budget my money and pick the kit up in a few months.

Just try not to get upset over stuff like this, because when the next great thing comes out from traxxas you'll be rather upset again lol

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    I emailed Traxxas a couple of days back, asking how can I get the upgrade as I don't live in the US, still waiting for a reply, I get the feeling that will never happen....
    I Emailed traxxas and asked the same, I live in sweden. and the only answer was that the offer is only for Us market.

That is so poor costumer service, Don't sell this truck outside of Us if you aren't going to support the costumers after purchase.

Can't understand why my purchase in sweden is less worth for traxxas then a Us customers purchase.

RC Champion
    Im up set about not being able to drive my truck reliably but seeing as it's to much for your brain to handle cause your dismissive of other peoples perspectives and feelings, I'll keep it short next time like I do with my dog when Im giving him commands. I was honestly upset about it, I didn't come on traxxas website to hackled by the guys who are in the same situatiion but can dump more money than me.
    I guess you did not catch the humor or sarcasm there. :-) No personal offense was intended. My brain and I were hoping you might keep your future responses shorter than that VERY long paragraph. Your dog and I would appreciate it. (see how that humor works?)
    BTW - I couldn't even afford a tire on this $$$ Xmaxx !
    3905 E-MAXX

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by cheezy View Post
    According to Traxxas it's 2 million weight oil in the center diff. Sounds about right.
    Only a couple of years ago market starting to seel the 1million diferencial oil.

Speed guys of the +8s +150mph most lock the center speed or have that 2million diferencial oil (not from RC produts).
    But glad to see an RC company starting to talk about 2million weight oil for diferencials...

After all we are not martians anymore of the millions weight diff oils!! :P

Just like real life...things start on the street...then everybody want's it...then law needs to come up somehow and then legal companys will start to produce their own stuff that once was not even dreamed by most people!! :P

One day i will have a X-Maxx.. like i found my Merv and E-revo 1/10 :P
    Last edited by targeting; 12-23-2016 at 05:53 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    Anyone with the kit run 8s yet? Video?
    #7107 | #3908 | #6807 | #7304 | #77076-4

Anytime a person gets a first generation anything he's taking a chance. Generally, I stay away from first generation stuff, but with the Xmaxx I knew that I could fix it's first generation shortcomings to make it a good reliable and fun truck to play with on 6s. I too think the new mod kit is a little bit too high (and it should of included the new motor), but I think it's nice that Traxxas made it available for the guys who aren't comfortable finding the right parts and mod-ing their trucks on their own.

(For the guys who still have stock Xmaxx's) If you do the mods that some of the other guys have posted in the Xmaxx forum in the past year, sell your stock motor/ESC's, and before you bought your V1 Xmaxx you planned ahead by negotiated a better price than paying full list, you can have a really fun reliable 6s truck for way less than the 900 dollars for the V2 8s Xmaxx, or the 1200 dollars for a modded V1 8s Xmaxx.

If you didn't (or you don't want to), don't be angry with Traxxas for putting out a new bigger truck that we all were asking for. If you didn't (or you don't want to), don't be agree with Traxxas for putting out a Power-Up Kit for the new bigger truck that some of us were all ready doing and that most others were asking for. And, f you didn't (or you don't want to), don't be angry with Traxxas for putting out a newer bigger bad-er truck that a lot of people were asking for.

Be happy, that you have one more weapon in your "Xmaxx Manly Goody Bag" to make your Xmaxx experience a better one. Yes, it will cost a little bit to keep and stay current, but if money is a problem (I'm not trying to be mean here) then RCing is the last place you want to be.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 12-23-2016 at 08:31 AM.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

RC Racer
    I agree with ReglarGuy. My truck is now over a year old. I had fun finding, buying and making my own "power up kit". With all of you guys posting in this forum, the early days made a great experience. My truck is a beast and I drive it accordingly which in return let's me go through that second set of batteries each time. Thank you Traxxas but I beat you to it in less time and thank you friends for helping.........:-)
    Open every day....

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 2skills25 View Post
    i agree with reglarguy. My truck is now over a year old. I had fun finding, buying and making my own "power up kit". With all of you guys posting in this forum, the early days made a great experience. My truck is a beast and i drive it accordingly which in return let's me go through that second set of batteries each time. Thank you traxxas but i beat you to it in less time and thank you friends for helping.........:-)
    agreed!!!!
    "AVENGED SEVENFOLD "

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jfin27 View Post
    Anyone with the kit run 8s yet? Video?
    http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2016...rive-it-video/
    "AVENGED SEVENFOLD "

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks! Not sure how I missed that one.
    #7107 | #3908 | #6807 | #7304 | #77076-4

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well now that we got that out the way.

I guess most don't understand that the power up kit will be split up by ebay sellers and sold separately. Until then, i'll wait for that to happen instead of dropping over $300 all together. I just really want the wheely bar and fan thingy and maybe the drive cups. Not running 8s and don't intend to I'm good.
    We are all one race. The human race.

+1 G. i'll only be after the driveline parts so I will be patient.

but I don't see the power up kit being parted out as it costs $300 + a used vxl-6s.
    youtube: rizzodtheRCvlogger

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by rizz0d View Post
    +1 G. i'll only be after the driveline parts so I will be patient.

but I don't see the power up kit being parted out as it costs $300 + a used vxl-6s.
    True.

But if Traxxas is parting it out later(think someone called Traxxas and confirmed in an earlier post???) then for sure it would be sold separately.

RC Racer
    Oh don't fret my rc posters, that power up kit will make its way in pieces to ebay......no worries!
    Open every day....

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    True.

But if Traxxas is parting it out later(think someone called Traxxas and confirmed in an earlier post???) then for sure it would be sold separately.
    yes I emailed traxxas they said it will be available individually soon,probably when the gen2 xmaxx comes out
    "AVENGED SEVENFOLD "

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetey View Post
    I Emailed traxxas and asked the same, I live in sweden. and the only answer was that the offer is only for Us market.

That is so poor costumer service, Don't sell this truck outside of Us if you aren't going to support the costumers after purchase.

Can't understand why my purchase in sweden is less worth for traxxas then a Us customers purchase.
    +1000000!
    Got the same feeling after recieved the same answer..

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2skills25 View Post
    Oh don't fret my rc posters, that power up kit will make its way in pieces to ebay......no worries!
    No worries over here my friend. Just playing the waiting game lol

I just recieved my power up package in the mail. I know what I will be doing tonight. Nice $300 upgrade.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    @Schmidt nice! shoot some comparison pics/installation pics if possible.

RC Qualifier
    Lucky u...can't Waite to get my kit, good luck with the build

Thanks guys!
    So far here is the Esc comparison, as expected this esc is much bigger, I had to remove the bracket to install the 8s esc. The esc alone has me all juiced up about the upgrades. Haha.

RC Qualifier
    A little unrelated but there is an 8s slash running around around there. Although it's a street rig, guess all the more massive parts make the bigger vehicle more breakable.
    Anyways I'm glad I checked out the forums and waited to get the x max

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    keep on upgradin

RC Racer
    Finished mine tonight....love the center diff and wheelie bar.
    I think its awesome that they didnt leave us hanging on the upgrade and just realease a new truck.
    Its worth the money for a factory designed upgrade that everyone was begging for.....you did rite by me traxxas! Thank you..
    They addressed all the weak spots and fixed em,its not gonna be free. They provided an upgrade path and to me thats priceless!

RC poster
    I just bought one a week ago I feel like I got mislead on the whole deal what can I do about getting the up graded parts for a week old truck that I was informed about the new upgrades I would have waited till February and got it I also bought two of their summit 1/10 scale trucks at same time also got 2 latrax and chargers and 6 traxxas battery's think traxxas should work with me on up grade

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rzr900xppsycho View Post
    I just bought one a week ago I feel like I got mislead on the whole deal what can I do about getting the up graded parts for a week old truck that I was informed about the new upgrades I would have waited till February and got it I also bought two of their summit 1/10 scale trucks at same time also got 2 latrax and chargers and 6 traxxas battery's think traxxas should work with me on up grade
    Well, you know, you could do your own 8S upgrade and spend a little over $750 in parts...or buy the Traxxas upgrade kit and spend a little over $600 in parts.

Aftermarket 8S will still blow the traxxas 8S system out of the water anyways. Probably to the detriment of all the moving parts.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    it is possible, i am in australia and my kit is arriving on the 29th, i used a shipping service in nevada.

i only just purchased the x-maxx and knew of the upgrade kit prior to purchase, i purchased it anyway as i didn't want to wait.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast