Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    It inscribed 1275kv behing the motor on the picture ?
    Stampede 4x4 1415 1Y 2400kv, 4S 5200 30C

Quote Originally Posted by samintrepid View Post
    It inscribed 1275kv behing the motor on the picture ?
    Good eye! I completly missed that the first time. Well, that's one thing the power-up program doesn't come with is the motor. The current spec X-Maxx has 1600kv motor. That 1275kv motor on 8s would handle the volts/amps better.

New 1275KV motor:

Current 1600KV motor:

Last edited by Wolfslash16; 12-10-2016 at 01:30 AM.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Qualifier
    There was mention earlier on about use of the centre diff spinning up the fronts - point of least adhesion making it easier to transfer the power.
    My understanding of vehicle stability / using a centre diff is that this can be 'tuned' depending on the viscosity of the oil in the diff.
    The THINNER the oil, the more you'll spin off the excess power at the front.
    The THICKER the oil, the more you'll transfer back to the rears, whilst 'selecting' how much you want to the front.

Too thick and you'll lock it - like putting putty in a normal diff - and you'll end up back at square one - original X-Maxx.

Can't wait for Jenny's to start breaking these and I'll get a centre diff at the drop of a hat ... unless Traxxas will sell them individually and I'm off to Tower!!

Al.

Let's not forget the price of 4s pack x 2 to take advantage of this new found gear!

Fun but not cheap haha.
    Last edited by jeteffect; 12-10-2016 at 04:59 AM.

RC Qualifier
    In febuary when the x-maxx 8s will release you can buy all part separately, just like any other model I think.
    Stampede 4x4 1415 1Y 2400kv, 4S 5200 30C

RC Qualifier
    Why are the drive-shafts, cups and spindles there?
    How different are they?
    Are the shafts thicker - even than the pretty decent looking Chinese options?
    Are the PINS thicker?
    Are the cups hardened - quite a few high power operators are showing drive cup slots wearing within a short time at the moment ...

Just a few thoughts.

I'm thinking the centre diff can be used in the current bulkhead with the current bearings, just might not take as much load as the new bearings .... so you might not need a new bulkhead straight away.

Thoughts for the day - dangerous I know!!
    I always said it needed a centre diff from the start, or at least 6 months ago!!

Al.

RC Enthusiast
    Man I was mad when I got that email last night. My wife was so nice that she went and grabbed an XMaxx on sale a few months ago to give to me for Christmas. It has literally never left the box since August. Reading the common issues and upgrades people have done I had a running shopping list to be prepared to keep it running. Good thing I didn't get any of it yet. Sadly now I'll have to shell out another $300 to get the truck everyone has been slowly upgrading to. Its depressing they did this during the holiday season with little to no head's up, I know there's going to be other people in the same boat. I know a car analogy was thrown out there, but in the car world, you typically know a year ahead of time what the following year is going to bring.

On the flip side, I'm curious what issues the new setup will have as the last launch was on fire If the images are correct, the motor will be a concern as the one they'll be offering in the Gen2 truck will be a different motor (Lower kv = more torque?) .

I don't understand the under powered charger that's being offered in the combo. It's a single charger, you'll be waiting hours to charge both of the batteries. I would think if I'm advertising a charger to go with a dual 4s truck, it should be able to charge both batteries it requires at the same time or at least an adapter that'll allow 8s charging (similar to the 2s/3s dual charging adapters). Then again, most people in this end of the traxxas vechicles probably have a more powerful charger anyways.

Don't get me wrong, it's cool they're offering a powerup upgrade, but it still feels like a slap upside the head. If I knew this was even on the table, I would have held out until the spring and spent less.
    Last edited by jfin27; 12-10-2016 at 06:59 AM.
    #7107 | #3908 | #6807 | #7304 | #77076-4

RC Racer
    Also i see no new axle pins. Does that mean they are using the old ones that everyone is snapping? Im not sure the stock tires can take 8s for to long either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfueled1 View Post
    Also i see no new axle pins. Does that mean they are using the old ones that everyone is snapping? Im not sure the stock tires can take 8s for to long either.
    Good question. I've snapped those on 4s bashing with 500k in the diffs.

i'm personally excited for the 4s and charger, traxxas has one of the best lipo warranties. I hope its a dual charger but it doesn't look?

RC Racer
    i'll probably do it. though i have a leopard 5892 1340kv motor. hopelfully the new esc would handle it. i just dont trust myself soldering. also i like how the traxxas plugs are so easy

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Was definitely looking towards the charger but if it's not dual then i'll pass. Crazy to think that Traxxas would take a step back and not make it a dual charger.
    We are all one race. The human race.

Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    Very, very nice release! But, I fell ripped off... Less than 10 runs on my truck and now this...

Btw, when are the lights coming out??? The new release should include them!!!
    Ive had mine for like 24 days!

My X has lights! Lmbo!

STL Missouri
    92.5 mph Rustler
    87.9 mph Stampede 4x4
    Last edited by Briber; 12-10-2016 at 12:45 PM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Enthusiast
    The xl-x esc and 2028 motor support just 8s. The Bl-5 esc with the Leopard 1340kv motor support 6s or 8s. Anyone know about this new setup ? Is it 8s only? I'm only asking because I was going to order the Kershaw 1340 after Christmas. I like the idea of being able to use 6s or 8s. "Glad I decided to wait until after Christmas to order". Now I'm thinking of just buying the new X-Maxx. Then buy the XL-5 . It would basically be the same price as buying the Kershaw 1340 .Then I'd be getting the best of both worlds, it would run 6s or 8s and have the upgraded parts .

RC Qualifier
    You surprised me saying '8S only' for the XLX.

I run the XL2 in mine and run 6S or 8S without problem.

Straight from the Castle website: Mamba XL X is our latest 1:5 scale controller capable of 3S - 8S LiPo, with a 20 amp peak BEC

Al.

Quote Originally Posted by nygiantsfan View Post
    The xl-x esc and 2028 motor support just 8s. The Bl-5 esc with the Leopard 1340kv motor support 6s or 8s. Anyone know about this new setup ? Is it 8s only? I'm only asking because I was going to order the Kershaw 1340 after Christmas. I like the idea of being able to use 6s or 8s. "Glad I decided to wait until after Christmas to order". Now I'm thinking of just buying the new X-Maxx. Then buy the XL-5 . It would basically be the same price as buying the Kershaw 1340 .Then I'd be getting the best of both worlds, it would run 6s or 8s and have the upgraded parts .
    On Trx website explaining the upgrade it says:
    Use your existing 3s LiPo batteries or upgrade to the new Power Cell 6700mAh 4s LiPo batteries (#2890x) for the most intense power you have ever experienced.
    Is that what your asking?
    STL Missouri
    92.5 mph Rustler
    87.9 mph Stampede 4x4
    Last edited by Briber; 12-10-2016 at 02:23 PM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Quoted for truth. I'm happy to see that Traxxas actually offered something like this, it shows that they listen to what people want, which is super cool IMO.
    100% agree, Traxxas is doing some upgrades to make it a better truck, I applaud that. It's just like the auto world, you go buy a 2015 dodge charger or a Camaro or whatever, then you realize you want more HP, so you go do some motor work, then in 2017 guess what, the Charger has been upgraded from the factory with the same hp you just added to your older model, no difference, I think it's great, I hope they keep improving it, Maybe a X revo in the future!

RC poster
    i'm only interested in the cooling fan. i now have the castle cooler in it but it's on the way when doing maintenance. just waiting it to arrive anywhere else than ebay

RC Racer
    I'm interested in the new drivetrain and may try that if it holds up to 8s. I'll let others be the guinea pigs.

I'll be happy when I get mine up and running again. It's been broken for three weeks now and is undergoing some surgery currently.
    Last edited by Double G; 12-11-2016 at 09:38 AM. Reason: trolling

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by redrider6575 View Post
    I think the fact that it is a 100 more buying the new xmaxx...and people that already have one and charging 300 is quite pricey...i could see $150....also that leaves anyone wanting to sell there older xmaxx at a decent price kind of screws us because anybody that wants an X Maxx is going to beat us down because ours doesn't have the newest upgrades in it.
    ...all in all I don't mind paying for the upgrades. I just think $300 is a little out of control I think 150 - 199 is a fair price... just my opinion..
    Ya fairly upset as well I got my x maxx just a few monthes ago. crazy priced at 300 and they want to charge 175 on top of that? I think Traxxas has lost their marbles.
    X Maxx, Sl4sh MM2 2650, Sl2sh's 3800/3500

RC Competitor
    I think Traxxas is hinting that they will create more electronics that can handle 4s (vxl?). I think They wouldn't make 4s batteries just for the x maxx.
    Teton, rustler vxl, summit; what's next?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by FierceSummit View Post
    I think Traxxas is hinting that they will create more electronics that can handle 4s (vxl?). I think They wouldn't make 4s batteries just for the x maxx.
    hmmmm possibly so. 4s 1/8 4-tec!

don't tease me G!

if traxxas would make an 1/8th buggy (nitro and electric) then I could run traxxas products exclusively. I highly doubt that will happen though, lol.
    youtube: rizzodtheRCvlogger

RC Competitor
    Are these ready to ship or just preorder? I like buying my own gifts😜

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glafko View Post
    Are these ready to ship or just preorder? I like buying my own gifts��
    Not shipping til February my man.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by rizz0d View Post
    don't tease me G!

if traxxas would make an 1/8th buggy (nitro and electric) then I could run traxxas products exclusively. I highly doubt that will happen though, lol.
    lol I'm just saying.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by atom3624 View Post
    You surprised me saying '8S only' for the XLX.

I run the XL2 in mine and run 6S or 8S without problem.

Straight from the Castle website: Mamba XL X is our latest 1:5 scale controller capable of 3S - 8S LiPo, with a 20 amp peak BEC

Al.
    Sorry about that. The thread was comparing the Kershaw 2028 set up to the Leopard 1340 kv set up. I must have misread the guys answer.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    On Trx website explaining the upgrade it says:

Is that what your asking?
    STL Missouri
    92.5 mph Rustler
    87.9 mph Stampede 4x4
    Well it says use your 3s OR upgrade to 4s with the new system. Does that mean if you upgrade to new system or just buy the new 8s truck you can run 6s and 8s or JUST 8s? Sorry if I'm a bit confused I've never used 4s/8s systems before. Just my little Stampede vxl 4x4 3s. Just trying to get the best X Maxx for the money. Good bottom end and good top end yet still be as durable as possible .

RC Competitor
    This is insanely priced...what about the people who have already changed this and bought extra diffs to now get changed to a new design. Why didn't they fix the real problem with the truck the shock shafts I've broken more of those than anything else. I've only bent one driveshaft with 8s they have been holding up fine. How about new tires because I'm sick of replacing these ballooning out tires

RC Qualifier
    I would like to try the newer motor an fan,rubner sealed drive shafts,stronger tires all we need.

RC Competitor
    Castle fan works just fine the esc was the problem not the motor I've never had my motor over heat

RC Qualifier
    I'm Def getting the upgraded parts .the only problem is I had one of the first xmaxx and still didn't break one thing.i don't beat the crap out of it or jump houses but mine been holding up great.but I am happy to get rid of the slipper finally and have a diff

RC Racer
    Since I put the Leopard motor and bigger ESC in the truck I have litterally beat the crap out of it. So much that I can not keep axles in it. I have tried so many harden pins but they all have failed. Not to mention on bad landings with too much wheel speed no ring/pinion can hold up to that. Which is my fault. But I have not touched my truck in months because I got tired of breaking those pins every 20 minutes. That is even running a narrow tire to reduce traction to reduce the stress on them.

So maybe these upgraded parts could be the key. I would like to be able to skip the X-Maxx across water again....

Does anybody know if this kit will be offered without the ESC and Fan?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by nygiantsfan View Post
    Well it says use your 3s OR upgrade to 4s with the new system. Does that mean if you upgrade to new system or just buy the new 8s truck you can run 6s and 8s or JUST 8s? Sorry if I'm a bit confused I've never used 4s/8s systems before. Just my little Stampede vxl 4x4 3s. Just trying to get the best X Maxx for the money. Good bottom end and good top end yet still be as durable as possible .
    Is that confirmation the stock 1600kv motor can handle 8s?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by redrider6575 View Post
    I think the fact that it is a 100 more buying the new xmaxx...and people that already have one and charging 300 is quite pricey...i could see $150....also that leaves anyone wanting to sell there older xmaxx at a decent price kind of screws us because anybody that wants an X Maxx is going to beat us down because ours doesn't have the newest upgrades in it.
    ...all in all I don't mind paying for the upgrades. I just think $300 is a little out of control I think 150 - 199 is a fair price... just my opinion..
    I agree 300 is a total rip off and we have to give up the old esc to them or have another 175 dollar charge makes no sence. We should be able to get a discount off the 299 price for trading in esc. Not sure why they advertise 299 when its 299 + 175 esc charge unless you give up your old esc. This also doesnt include the new motor either? 150-200 with esc trade in is fair.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyTanker View Post
    That is why Traxxas put out the upgrade kit at such a deep discount, $650 in parts for $299.95, to help out those that already have an X-Maxx
    Deep discount? How do those parts add up to 650?

RC Qualifier
    Have 2028 fan,my stock motor still run 180 degree,at temps 60 an above outside.

I think Traxxas did good. It looks like, howerver, that if you get a new truck you will get a new 1275kv motor, but if you get the power up you keep your 1600kv motor. I think the guys that get the power up, and keep their 1600kv motors will have problems with their 1600 motors on 8s. I know that the 1600kv motor is suppose to be able to handle 8s, but I got to believe that (at best) the 1600kv motor will be right on the line when it comes to being pushed by 8s voltage. I think (IMO) that the guys keeping their 1600kv motors will have their 1600kv motors become the new weak link much like the ESC was for the first generation Xmaxx. I wonder how much it will cost for guys to swop out their 1600's for 1275's being the upgrade kit doesn't come with a new 1275KV motor. Also I wonder, what gearing Traxxas will suggest with their new upgrade setup being their aren't new pinion/spur gears in the new upgrade's parts list.

I have the Kershaw Leopard/Castle system and love it, but might have to go with the upgrade kit for all the parts for only 125 bucks and my Traxxas ESC traded in. I wonder if Traxxas will keep supporting the original chassis and its parts. I run 6s and have had no chassis issues with my Kershaw's Leopard/Castle setup.

Did you guys notice that Traxxas went with the lower positioned wheelie bar as apposed to the high bumper mount wheelie bar setup. I thought that was cool. Just think, I've had a whole year to enjoy mine before Traxxas came out with theirs.

Last edited by ReglarGuy; 12-11-2016 at 07:30 AM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    I think Traxxas did good. It looks like, howerver, that if you get a new truck you will get a new 1275kv motor, but if you get the power up you keep your 1600kv motor. I think the guys that get the power up, and keep their 1600kv motors will have problems with their 1600 motors on 8s. I know that the 1600kv motor is suppose to be able to handle 8s, but I got to believe that (at best) the 1600kv motor will be right on the line when it comes to being pushed by 8s voltage. I think (IMO) that the guys keeping their 1600kv motors will have their 1600kv motors become the new weak link much like the ESC was for the first generation Xmaxx. I wonder how much it will cost for guys to swop out their 1600's for 1275's being the upgrade kit doesn't come with a new 1275KV motor. Also I wonder, what gearing Traxxas will suggest with their new upgrade setup being their aren't new pinion/spur gears in the new upgrade's parts list.

I have the Kershaw Leopard/Castle system and love it, but might have to go with the upgrade kit for all the parts for only 125 bucks and my Traxxas ESC traded in. I wonder if Traxxas will keep supporting the original chassis and its parts. I run 6s and have had no chassis issues with my Kershaw's Leopard/Castle setup.

Did you guys notice that Traxxas went with the lower positioned wheelie bar as apposed to the high bumper mount wheelie bar setup. I thought that was cool. Just think, I've had a whole year to enjoy mine before Traxxas came out with theirs.

Boy you have got it wrong..
    Its 480$ for the power up and you will get a refund of 175$ for you old esc if you will shipped it to them during 45 days.
    So its 305$!!
    Still think that Traxxas did good?

Regarding pinion, it says that the power up package includes 15T pinion, same as the old one I think.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I personally would wait til all the parts show up on ebay INDIVIDUALLY...and they will!

I'll "power up" the X-Maxx my self one by one instead of buying the whole package because I don't need/want everything in the whole package.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast