RC poster

Question Erevo tires on 4x4 Slash?

Hi, noob here. Been reading the threads for quite a while, but haven't found an answer.

Is there a taller/wider tire set up for the 4x4 Slash? Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!
    Josh

Welcome to the forums!

You could go for any 2.8" tire, that would give you extra width and height.
    "Gone racing"

RC poster
    Thanks man! Is there a brand that you recommend? Would 3.8 be possible with a slight lift?
    Last edited by j1980mac; 12-10-2016 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j1980mac View Post
    Thanks man! Is there a brand that you recommend? Would 3.8 be possible with a slight lift?
    proline makes great tires, most will reccommend trenchers, some prefer badlands. 3.8 would be an extreme lift and add lots of weight, but im sure someone else will chime in soon. with bigger tires youll probably want to gear lower and upgrade your drivetrain
    Upgraded Slash 4x4 | 75+ MPH

3.8"s will kill your drivetrain.
    Aww, SNAP. You crashed into the curb at 100mph.

Quote Originally Posted by SlashSlayer4x4 View Post
    proline makes great tires, most will reccommend trenchers, some prefer badlands. 3.8 would be an extreme lift and add lots of weight, but im sure someone else will chime in soon. with bigger tires youll probably want to gear lower and upgrade your drivetrain
    Im a badlands guy, myself, and +1 on proline, good tires and a large selection.
    "Gone racing"

RC poster
    Good to know. If I went with 3.8s I'd be open to gearing it down a bit. Keeping in mind that I know nothing about RC, I think it could be a great combo with the Slash.

Is it possible to get better than a 3s Lipo stock?

Good to know. If I went with 3.8s I'd be open to gearing it down a bit. Keeping in mind that I know nothing about RC, I think it could be a great combo with the Slash.

Is it possible to get better than a 3s Lipo stock?
    well assuming you have a vxl, 3s would be the absolute max. with 3.8s, youd probably overheat your motor rather quickly. even 2.8s get the stock system pretty toasty. i fried mine on 3s even with proline trenchers geared 12/54.. overall wouldnt reccommend 3.8s as theyre way too large. btw, going to 3s is when parts start needing upgrades.

I have a 2200kv system now, and 4s is very hard to control, and pushes mine up to almost 75mph, so you probably want to stick to 2-3s. 3s is a completely different beast in this truck.

RC Qualifier
    Like others said running wide MT 3.8's will lead to a range of possible component failures, you could probably get away with a narrower buggy type tire/wheel as the tire profile tends to be small and tires are where most of the weight and rotational mass come into play, the wheels themselves won't add alot of stress to the system. Ive ran 2.8 MT setups on stock components without an issue, just have to watch the temps of course.

what are you tryin to achieve by installing 3.8s? do you want the body higher, performance, looks, or what? if theres something in specofc you want, someone on here may be able to help you achieve it without puttin on tires that size...

RC Racer
    proline is great

RC poster
    Hey guys, thanks for the discussion.

I'm just trying to get into a car with budget in mind, (turning a Slash into an Erevo or Emaxx).

I'm starting to think the EMaxx may be where I end up landing. After some consideration, I think the longer wheel base would make it way more stable than the Slash. I also like the Erevo, but it's like a cat on a tin roof.

protrac kit from proline will extend your wheelbase, so you may want to look into that

RC poster
    protrac kit from proline will extend your wheelbase, so you may want to look into that
    Are you talking about the Emaxx or Slash?

Are you talking about the Emaxx or Slash?
    The slash. protrac kit extends wheelbase for slash, and is made by proline.

RC poster
    That changes things!