Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    RC Qualifier

Basher's new lcg roller to mm2 build

Hey guys, so I got my new lcg roller coming, I came across these as the listing is advertised for the slash and I thought these came from the xo1. Anything need to make them work like bearings maybe? Or should I stick with the mip that I had zero issues with running 4s on my old 2200kv?

Last edited by BuGgYbAsHeR.28; 12-20-2016 at 12:18 PM.

The true drive shafts off of the XO-1 have a 6mm stub shaft, where as the normal Slash shafts have 5mm stub shafts. I ran the XO-1 shafts on my old slash, I really liked them. You either you have to get smaller bearings in the stock axle carriers to run the XO-1 shafts, or you just have to get the XO-1 axle carriers, like what I did.
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

RC Qualifier
    What's the preference on either or when running high powered systems? So there is a set out there that are made for the slash? Perhaps I may just pick there those up for the ease of install, unless the mip would be a better choice for therehehosehe power. Never had a problem with mine.

RC Racer
    Proven Drivetrain for me:
    MIP X-Duty FR/RR - RR Hardened Steel 54T Spur/19T Pinion - MM2 with 2650KV on 4S - XO1 Diffs - Tekno Big Bone Center Shaft
    Fight on, Race on, Bash on!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by kms7852 View Post
    Proven Drivetrain for me:
    MIP X-Duty FR/RR - RR Hardened Steel 54T Spur/19T Pinion - MM2 with 2650KV on 4S - XO1 Diffs - Tekno Big Bone Center Shaft
    When ordering the mips for use on xo1 diffs do I still order the ones for the slash 4x4?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Exactly what I had on my hcg but 2200. I suppose I'll go that route and basically clone this one like my old one. Dunno why I'm over thinking it lol. Probably will order the 2650 tho and try it too

I like my MIP X-Duties. I've never ran the Traxxas ones, but I have heard that the rubber CVD boots rip and have to be replaced often...
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Qualifier
    Alright so to make this easy, simple and quick back to the bash spot I went thru my old thread and basically will mimic the old hcg truck I had lol. I loved it and that's the answer to making this to my liking.

Mip shafts
    Tekno center
    Xo-1 diffs
    Khz motor mount
    Erevo slipper with RR spur
    HR 17mm hubs
    Hi tec 5646 servo
    Vgr springs and maybe try the brace if anyone can comment on that?
    Then I'll do the new mx28 proline tires with probably the stable maxx wheels.
    Still deciding about the 2650kv, I have a 2200kv so I feel the need to pick up the 2650kv. Will be paired with the mm2.

Quote Originally Posted by BuGgYbAsHeR.28 View Post
    Alright so to make this easy, simple and quick back to the bash spot I went thru my old thread and basically will mimic the old hcg truck I had lol. I loved it and that's the answer to making this to my liking.

Mip shafts
    Tekno center
    Xo-1 diffs
    Khz motor mount
    HR 17mm hubs
    Hi tec 5646 servo
    Still deciding about the 2650kv, I have a 2200kv so I feel the need to pick up the 2650kv. Will be paired with the mm2.
    That will be a stout combination! I personally will never run another chassis brace! I broke 95% of my truck due to a high speed collision with the brace on. You will not be disappointed with the Parts you have chosen
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

Quote Originally Posted by BuGgYbAsHeR.28 View Post

Mip shafts
    Tekno center
    Xo-1 diffs
    Khz motor mount
    HR 17mm hubs
    Hi tec 5646 servo
    Other than the Tekno and servo that's pretty much the way mine is set up. Currently running an 1/8th scale 4074 can 2150kv on 3s and occasional 4s. This motor makes brutal torque and I'm not nice to the truck and so far it's holding up fine. Running 2.8 Trenchers on F-11 wheels. No brace.
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Qualifier
    Well I'm glad that you commented on that, I had a hunch it would do that, it won't allow the chassis to flex and absorb impact. So ya I think I'll skip that. I'll have the paets on order tonight. Order wheels n tires this weekend. If I can finish my tugboat I should start this by the first of the yr I hope. So excited. The slash is a brutal truck for what I put mine thru. Here is the last video I have before it went to the beach and the ocean took away.....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QS2WB1DcF3U

I never broke the chassis doing these crazy jumps with my hcg, basically the same build I will have here just with the lcg.

The ocean took your truck away? That had to be painful to witness! The LCG chassis is designed to flex. It will break but without a brace, you replace the chassis and Center driveshaft. With the brace you replace everything but the shocks, towers, body mounts and rear bulkhead. Here is a video of my Slash 4x4 Ultimate Edition's slow motion launch

Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Qualifier
    Order was placed this morning. I got some discount code and ecash from tower for buying a new mamba xl x for my losi last week, I can get rpm a arms , rpm stablemaxx wheels and proline mx28 tires, all that for 54 bucks shipped. Can't beat it.

I skipped the the xo-1 diffs and went with the erevo spiders and bought the mip erevo drives too to go from the stock 5mm shaft to 6mm output.
    Last edited by BuGgYbAsHeR.28; 12-21-2016 at 11:08 AM.

Congrats! Yours will be set up pretty much like mine was.

I hope you have better luck with this one than your last one!
    Last edited by Squeegie; 12-21-2016 at 12:18 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Got my spars i, dyeing thr chassis as we speak!

RC Qualifier

h

Looks great... that STRC motor plate really pops in there!

Keep us posted!

RC Qualifier
    Got these today, try to have them on soon. I had a mm2 go out and i sent it in last week for non warranty, still waiting to hear back, then I'll have the esc. Motor is in another truck and last thing to order is the variable damping kit for the shocks and a new rx. Paint the on the body then we ready to rock n roll

I'll be doing red rpm a arms again. I notice the last ones started to bend so I'll hill on the the stock ones in the event that starts to happen again.

RC Qualifier
    What's the easiest way to mount a mm2 to the chassis? Or do I just fab up my own from alloy plate?

RC Qualifier
    Does the stock mounting bracket for the mm2 for the emacc bolt right the chassis? I don't have my esc yet to check but the holes don't look like they would if anyone could comment.....

Here's the tires

Kid approved!

Yes, the MMS will bolt right into the chassis. You just have to move the Rx box up front:

https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5925895

RC Competitor
    Are you using the stock shocks on this one?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Look like the stock GTR shocks with VG Racing springs (blue color).

Yes, the MIP X-Duty will mount right up to the X0-1 diffs.

RC Qualifier
    Alright so I am still waiting on castle to have available stock to ship, been waiting 3weeks, looks like another 2-3weeks before they start shipping unfortunately. But I did get paint on the body, it's all 100% ready minus an esc.

Still have protective film and markings on the outside

RC Qualifier
    This looks great!
    IG: @818sFastestRC
    Slash 4x4 138MPH

RC Qualifier
    Final body is done. Probably be picking up another one, might do a 4 door wrangler body amd trick it out with some lights and roof rack. I would like to make this a alternative pull truck for my boat and trailer

Not my slash but I did build the trailer, I don't have a current pic with this slash and my trailer. But you get the idea.

Looks nice!

What are you going to tow with the slash?
    "Gone racing"

RC Qualifier
    I have a shockwave 26 from proboat, looking at getting something bigger like an impulse or I have entertained the idea of building one. This trailer was built for the M41

Sounds nice!

Post some pics if you get the chance!
    "Gone racing"

RC Qualifier
    Alright guys so I finally got my mm2 in from castle, it's wired up and ready to go. I'll post some final pics later, but we are off to the park here soon and if i don't burn up all my lipos in my new boat, I should be able to get a pack ran thru this slash too lol

RC Qualifier
    Well I got about 5mins into my run and of course couldn't handle to power like I use to lol. I was going for some speed and let her open up, hit a hole and she went air born. In the end just broke a front a arm, no biggie. Went home fix her up and went back out. This time about 1in passed by and I was saw a slight puff of smoke, and lost everything, esc went into the dial tones like I just plugged the Lipos in. Seemed to keep doing it, so my guess I fried this esc again idk. Was running 5s and was running really well and didn't seem to hit at all with 20/50 gearing. I'll give castle a call tmrw I guess.

RC Qualifier
    Thats a bummer on the ESC. I hope you figure out whats up on them going out like that.

RC Qualifier
    So I'm still waiting on castle to have available stock to ship, I heard the same story the first go around. It's been since christmas since I tried to run this slash and so far have been unable to due to castles lengthy turn around on getting me an esc. I call every week, and told they are being made and should ship soon.....so I was told that again today. After I got off the phone, I just could not bare to wait any more, called bavk and asked for a refund for my warranty esc that I paid for. Lady said they don't think it would happen, she then came back and said I do have a mamba X available if you would rather have that. And I'll take it! So I got an upgrade out of it over the mm2, so hopefully will have a new esc running next week.

I asked if they knew why the first one blew so quickly, an insection has yet to be performed to find the root cause, but I am being told by tech support, that I am over geared (20/50) that ran no problem for the first year. Also was told that the motor I have could be bad. I ordered replacement bearings to see if this might be the failure, but I may just send the motor off to castle just to eliminate any doubt of the motor being the issue. Usually this truck runs about 160 or so on the motor. Castle says 180 is the danger.

Guys that are running this mm2/2200 setup, experience any heat issues running the similar gearing on 4s?

RC Qualifier
    Got my esc wired up and a castle cap pac solder on also. While I was at it, I went ahead and opened my motor up and found a rough looking stator so I sent the motor off to castle today and hopefully here something back later this week. Once I get that bavk, the slash should be 100% ready to go and good electronics this go around.

RC Qualifier
    Sent my motor off the castle, heard from them today. Motor tested good however they said it doesn't sound good lol. So seems like they are being nice covering this under warranty even tho the motor is a few yrs old. That's awesome service there, i asked for the newer sensored version and that was no problem. So my slash by the end of next week is 100% brand new amd should be very reliable after this. Thanks castle

RC Qualifier
    Got the sensored 2200kv in last week, I was about to put the system in my slash till I made a last minute decision that the sensored system would be better suited in a race environment, so I'll put this one in my rc8te, I ordered a new mm2 and 2200kv unsensored combo for the slash that should have this weekend along with a second cap pac for it too. Going camping this weekend, so hopefully I can have her running by then.

RC Qualifier
    So got my motor and esc wired up and installed, a castle cap pac wired I to it also. I'll report bavk later once I get a run on her and see how she does. My previous slash ran the 20/50 gearing but had 1/8th buggy tires, so no where near the size of these mx28. So I'll check the temps to make sure everything is solid, but has anyone had issues running these larger tires on that gearing?

RC Qualifier
    Looking into mod 1 gearing, I'm running 50/20 right now which is 2.50 ratio. Mod 1 would be something like 42/16 or 42/17, could I find a mod 1 spur in this range?

I'm asking b.c I'm running on the hot side and there isn't any drivetrain binding. Esc was 130 and I hit 180 at the motor so I need to change this to keep everything top notch. Suggestions welcomed.
    Last edited by BuGgYbAsHeR.28; 04-18-2017 at 06:21 PM.

I'm wondering why you're looking at mod 1 instead of gearing down with the .8 gears. Are you stripping spurs? Have you tried going to something like 18/54?

Everyone runs differently and terrain can affect heat a lot so it's hard to say a particular combo will work for you. 4s doesn't help either, but I bet it's fun!

RC Qualifier
    That's running 5s which I don't usually run. I stay on 4s but I'm running a 50 spur and I managed to mesh a 18 pinion last nite but I was worried about not being able to mesh and the motor can hitting the center shaft. Stripping gears has nothing to do with it. I wanted to switch gearing to allow for more gearing options is all. I won't be able go down any further then the 18t. So if my temps don't go down with 50/18 and running 4s instead of 5s I'll need to switch to something different to allow for more options. From the little research I did, seems like mod 1 gearing is not difficult

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast