New Owner - Steering is "Seeking"

I bought a new X-Maxx last weekend and tried it out for the first time with no noticeable problems. I brought it out today at work to show it off a bit in the parking lot and now I have a problem. The problem is that the steering is "seeking" or "wobbling" at about half throttle and up. I didn't notice this on the first run at all. I did a search but couldn't find anything that was a fix for this in a bone stock X-Maxx. I haven't even run a full cycle on the batteries yet, no jumping, nothing that would cause this. Any help would be appreciated.

How is your tsm set on your transmitter? Trying tuning the multifunction knob all the way counter-clockwise at a stand still and always adjust your steering trim first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

It sounds like you might have a loose screw in the assembly or a soft servo saver.
    Too much power is just enough

I finally had time to tinker with it and somehow the TSM knob had been moved from where I had it (first thing I should have checked) and that fixed it. Thanks mdschmidt90 for reminding me. After you wrote that I remembered that my Spartan had done that before with the rudder. I had not messed with the knob so I assumed that it was where I left it, won't make that mistake again.

Love this thing by the way, wanting to get some air time but it's too pretty to scratch up! Putting a killer homemade light kit on it this weekend that I fabricated from COB lights, every time I look at this thing ideas run rampant through my head. After reading about the new 8S upgrade, gonna be ordering that soon. I have a feeling that I might end up putting a scratch or two on it, "pretty" or not!

RC Qualifier
    Give it air!! It's way more fun jumping and it handles big air like it was born to fly! A pretty X-Maxx is a bored one

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by AGHolman View Post
    Give it air!! It's way more fun jumping and it handles big air like it was born to fly! A pretty X-Maxx is a bored one
    Absolutely! ��
    V1 BL5/2028, V2 max6/5882, Erevo, Summit, Rustler.

Quote Originally Posted by AGHolman View Post
    I'm headed to Lowe's this afternoon to get supplies to build a ramp. I'm hoping that I can control the conditions enough that I won't beat the snot out of it. Tried to jump my driveway this morning (has a small hill on the side) and did an end-over and put my first scratch on it. Used a Dremel to buff most of it out. Gonna put a heavy coat of wax on it and see if that helps. I'm thinking that the sky is calling loudly so I may end up just buying another body, one to fly and one to show. It's like every other RC I own (Traxxas Spartan, DJI Phantom 3 Pro, about a dozen RC helicopters), I'm never satisfied with stock even though I swear I won't spend a penny more on them because they are fine, but always spend at least as much as I paid for them in accessories. Just ordered TQi Link, temp & voltage sensor, RPM sensor, and GPS module as well as another set of Traxxas batteries. Going to do the 8S upgrade as soon as the batteries are released (website says "coming soon"). All of this when the stock truck is near perfect....me thinks me have a problem.

Edit : Oh, and my Castle Creations dual fan shroud will be here tomorrow. Kinda dumb to order it I guess because there's a cooling fan in the 8S upgrade, but I didn't want to wait.
    Last edited by w8liftn; 12-22-2016 at 02:13 PM.