RC poster

Fuel lines and engine cleaner newbie

I notice that after about 10 mins of ripping and running the sport and it gets good and hot, if it shuts off I have to prime the heck out of it to start it again. Granted the lines are around the hot engine so the fuel can't run to carb. This forces me to hold down on the ez start for 10-20 sec intervals while tapping the exhaust. Are there lines that prevent this or no? Also are there any safe engine cleaners that I can use to get grit off of engine?

Typically when an engine shuts off when warm/hot and hard to restart that means the engine needs rebuilding. You may want to try to reroute the fuel line so that it will not heat up the fuel but it does not flow slow enough that it will cause a vapor lock in the engine.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    OKay. This is a brand new rc, broke it in on 12/23/16. It's hard to believe that new engine needs rebuilding already. It seems as if the fuel line gets so hot that the fuel backs into tank and doesn't reach carb. So it shuts off, and restating it means priming the heck out of it since fuel just won't flow to carb to get engine to start and keep running

Edited for language abuse. If you see a starred out word in your post, you must edit it out to avoid earning warning points.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-25-2016 at 11:59 AM.

You may have furnished that information in the first place, lol. Is there anything else you can report that may assist in the diagnosis?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    Not that I can think of. Im guessing that must be typical. When it engine gets hot and fuel line is wrapped around engine head like how traxxas manufactures it, the line is bound to get hot and starve the engine thus shutting it down when no fuel is reaching engine. What about cleaner for engine? Anything particular I need to spray or can I just get normal car engine cleaner from advanced auto?

RC poster
    For anyone who comes across this thread having similar issues, (hard starting when hot). I recommend you try a slightly richer fuel mixture, (turn the high speed mixture screw out/left/counter-clockwise 1/8 turn). This will usually cause the engine to run cooler, which can reduce hard-starting issues. Also keep in mind these things are air-cooled, so prolonged running at very low speeds can get the engine a lot hotter than normal. They definitely like moving air! (Especially in hot climates).