RC Enthusiast

Mamba Monster X, 2200KV Motor Sensored

I'm trying to have the pie and eat it also Brushless speed on high gear (30ish nothing crazy), smooth rock crawling & trailing on low gear and also have waterproofing. I'm looking to run this setup with 2S Lipos.

Has anyone done the MM X sensored setup with with the 2200KV motor? How do you like it? Any advice?
    Summit DeWalt 820 14.4v
    Aton

The MMX drives a 2200kv-class motor very well, but mine is not of the Castle variety. The low-speed sensored behavior is everything I hoped it would be and it didn't seem to lose a step blasting down the road.
    Make sure you order Castle's sensor port harness with the ESC or you won't be able to connect a standard sensor wire.
    Do not mess with the throttle curve: leave it linear. Remember that on sensored motors it matters which wire is connected where: A to A, B to B, C to C.
    Edit: I'm not sure the Castle motor or any other sensored motor is advertised as "waterproof."
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 12-25-2016 at 07:21 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    I run the MMX with a sensored Tekin 2000kv brushless and love it. Stock gearing and the speed increase is nice along with still have great slow speed abilities.

116mph Reaper Rustler
    Mamba Monster Slash 4x4
    MMX/Tekin 2000kv Summit

The new Castle 2200kv sensored motors are going for $145 a pop. No mention of waterproof.

MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the info guys. Around what speeds are you seeing on high gear with 2S Lips? Also any advice on how to not keep replacing the differential?

Castle sells the ESC and the motor as a waterproof package - http://www.castlecreations.com/surfa...bo-010-0145-01
    Summit DeWalt 820 14.4v
    Aton

Quote Originally Posted by goliath View Post
    Thanks for the info guys. Around what speeds are you seeing on high gear with 2S Lips? Also any advice on how to not keep replacing the differential?

Castle sells the ESC and the motor as a waterproof package - http://www.castlecreations.com/surfa...bo-010-0145-01
    I think you need to read the print a bit more carefully.
    If it says the motor is waterproof, then I'll have to read it more carefully.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 12-26-2016 at 08:49 PM.

RC Racer
    I have the mmx kit in mine not sensored. I run 4s lipo on it with stock gearing and it tops out at 35mph. It crawls very well in my opinion. (I have heard its because of the programing in the esc.) i love that setup. Works great for me.

RC Racer
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SGmRdvBiAAw
    Here is my speed run we did. You can watch some of my other videos to get an idea of how it performs. There not the greatest videos. Were amatuers! Lol

RC Competitor
    Does the mamba monster x/2200kv combo come with a sensor harness?
    Teton, rustler vxl, summit; what's next?

RC Competitor
    yes it comes with a sensor harness i get my censored castle mmx 2morrow can't wait! got the lem diff just stripped the whole thing replaced with avid bearings specially the ones in the diff and all new lem spyder gears. and cups shud make this thing bl ready... i hope

It comes with a sensor wire and a sensor harness? Mine did not.

Mine didn't come with the harness either.

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah I learned this lesson the hard way too; The sensored motor comes with a long black sensor cable but you need the addition of the sensor harness, p/n 011-0108-00 to make it all work. Odd that they didn't include it with the sensor motor or odd that the senor connection is 2 pieces?

RC Competitor
    hmmm i was told that it comes with one long black sensor wire and the esc box has a smaller sensor wire? i have bought the esc and motor combo and watched a few reviews all point to it saying that its included and my lhs also have told me that its included? i receive it tommorw so ill comment again.

plugs into the end of the motor and into the sensor port on esc..

RC Competitor
    https://youtu.be/-R7c5tKIMhM

heres a quick unboxing as promised for all you guys wondering whats inside, as u can see it does come with the seņor harness from motor to esc, i also have the castle link not sure if its needed to change from sensored to none sensored. go have a look and know for sure that it does include this harness.

also rwb77 i take it you didnt get the combo with the esc? there is a port on the esc you have to take off the rubber seal and underneath there is the port for the sensor cable.

Thank you for the info.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundermaxx View Post
    https://youtu.be/-R7c5tKIMhM

heres a quick unboxing as promised for all you guys wondering whats inside, as u can see it does come with the seņor harness from motor to esc, i also have the castle link not sure if its needed to change from sensored to none sensored. go have a look and know for sure that it does include this harness.

also rwb77 i take it you didnt get the combo with the esc? there is a port on the esc you have to take off the rubber seal and underneath there is the port for the sensor cable.
    I first bought the MMX & sensorless 2200kv combo. After I ordered it I bought the sensored 2200kv motor separately. I never ran the sensorless 2200. But if the sensor harness came with the sensored combo, I missed out as I had to buy it.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RWB77 View Post
    I first bought the MMX & sensorless 2200kv combo. After I ordered it I bought the sensored 2200kv motor separately. I never ran the sensorless 2200. But if the sensor harness came with the sensored combo, I missed out as I had to buy it.
    yes there was a small sensor harness with the esc unfortunately i think u may have missed out not buying the combo.

If you'd rather replace or purchase one cable than two, Holmes Hobbies has one for the Mamba X series ESCs:
    http://holmeshobbies.com/sensor-wire...-x-series.html

RC Competitor
    May add that the motor isn't waterproof but emailed castle and it's splash proof.. not water runs for me anyways seized bearings not worth the hassle. The castle sensored motor is working very well in my set up.