RC poster

Couple questions about upgrades

Hello,

I just bought 2 TeTon's for my sons for Christmas. Like a typical guy, I didn't read the instructions and realize there is a "training" mode which limits the power to 50%. This would have been great for my 3 year old but he already crashed full speed into a curb. The plastic lower suspension arm snapped in half and driveshaft rod also snapped and the front gearbox (top half) also snapped at the joint. I have found/ordered the following replacement parts but what is a good replacement gearbox (front diff housing)?

TRAC9805 Traxxas Driveshaft Assembly Front/Rear 6061-T6 Aluminum
    HRAC1357 Hot Racing Aluminum Lower Suspension Arm Black LaTrax
    Traxxas 7665 GTR Hard-Anodized, PTFE-coated Aluminum Shocks with TiN Shafts
    Hot Racing LTN2801 Aluminum Front Shock Tower
    T-Bone Racing Front and Rear TBR Pro2 Bumpers

I see Integy makes an aluminum one but reviews say the gears don't fit and it requires customization. Any drop in upgrades?

Also any instructional videos out there on replacing these parts? The only ones I've found is for the shocks. Any help greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by tommatas3; 12-27-2016 at 10:02 PM.

RC Racer
    Although the T-Bone Racing bumper is a better quality bumper (stock uprights flimsy) it will not solve your problem as it is not wide enough. For head on crash it's great, but if you catch the corner of a wall or object with 1 wheel (where bumper not there) you will still have: steering, shocks, suspension issues. I have bent a shock just from running in to my foot with tire!
    Also let me know when or if you get the T-Bone bumper as I have had 1 ordered for weeks and they don't have any right now even though EBay shows they do (false advertising)! Apparently they make them in bunches, I guess. I still have no word when it will be available.
    I have just made a brand new custom bumper, yet to be tested that is wide and has cushioning for less stress.
    Let me know if those 7665 shocks have a bigger bore/thicker rod than stock.
    Last edited by BigAL12; 12-28-2016 at 09:39 AM.
    🅼🅾🅳🅴🆁🅰🆃🅾🆁🆂 🅳🅾🅽'🆃 🅲🅰🆁🅴

RC Racer
    Got a response from T-Bone: "We can only list items on eBay if we list an amount. We try to make it clear in all our listings that these parts are not stocked and are manufactured after they are ordered.
    If you want to provide an order number, we can look up your details and let you know the status."
    -TBR Sales
    Like I said FALSE ADVERTISING. The amount they are referring to is more than likely the quantity.
    If you look at there "ABOUT US" page: http://stores.ebay.com/T-Bone-Racing-TBR/About-Us.html it says: "We are a JIT ( Just In Time) company. We make products based on customers orders."
    I'm quite sure Ebay would not like this.
    So they wait for a bunch of orders and then they make them!
    🅼🅾🅳🅴🆁🅰🆃🅾🆁🆂 🅳🅾🅽'🆃 🅲🅰🆁🅴

RC poster
    Hey Big Al,

Thanks for the info, I ordered the bumpers off Amazon from T-bone. It gave an estimated delivery date of January 6-January 11. Will let you know if they ship out on time. Shocks haven't come in yet. I think I ordered the wrong part for the drive shaft assembly, the rods are WAY shorter than the plastic ones.. I meant to order the rods that come out of the front wheels

RC poster
    Phase 1 of repair complete.

Replaced the lower suspension arms, removed the broken diff housing. New housing will hopefully arrive tomorrow

http://tinypic.com/r/iojhw9/9

RC poster
    So the Hot Racing front shock tower is completely open on the backside? I screw the screws in but since the holes in the body mount are not threaded the body mount falls right off?! Anyone have a solution to this? For the life of me can't understand why there is no back part of the piece like the stock plastic one (part # 7637). I'm going to try loctite but I don't think that's going to work

Pic of the back:

http://tinypic.com/r/3307ifa/9
    Last edited by tommatas3; 12-30-2016 at 10:24 PM.

RC poster
    All fixed!! Repair was easier than I thought :-)

http://tinypic.com/r/243hzxu/9

RC Racer
    If those are new Shocks, the steel rod in middle doesn't look any thicker than stock! Hopefully it is stronger than stock!
    🅼🅾🅳🅴🆁🅰🆃🅾🆁🆂 🅳🅾🅽'🆃 🅲🅰🆁🅴

RC Racer
    My Front Bumper finally came in, but it's at the shop.
    🅼🅾🅳🅴🆁🅰🆃🅾🆁🆂 🅳🅾🅽'🆃 🅲🅰🆁🅴