RC poster

Mini-Summit Steel CVDs?

Good morning everyone! I wanted to know if these gimbals are good for the summit .... someone can help me? thank you!

https://www.hobbytown.com/assembled-...a7151x/p141258
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-03-2017 at 09:37 AM.

RC Champion
    No. They will pop out due to the extended rear arms and suspension travel.
    Dacaur

RC poster
    Are there any that work

I have used them for a while after I converted my Merv into a Summit. Never had one pop out.

No idea if GPM knuckles which i used make a difference on the matter.

Nobody is born with experience
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Competitor
    Hi, I have had the mini summit for a while now, and the plastic axles are just terrible, so I upgraded to the steel cvd's, like the ones that you are looking at. I would highly recommend them for strength, but they do pop out once in a while if you are jumping and landing on the back end of the truck. I have never had a front steel axle pop out, only the same rear over and over again. If they do pop out though, just adjust the camber all the way out, pop the axle back in, and then re-adjust the camber so that it is like the other rear wheel. This has worked for my for a while, but if you don't want any popping out, just get the shorter travel rockers, the ones from the merv, and then get the a-arms for the merv too, and you should be set. I do own the brushed xl-2.5 and not the vxl, so I am not sure now the axles would do with a brushless set-up. I am planning to upgrade though, and I honestly don't think that there will be any problems.

Hopefully this helps!