RC poster

Post Aton Red Blinking Light on Charger

So my neighbor got this in a gift exchange at work and decided that he didn't have a use for it and passed it off to me. I got everything unboxed and the drone assembled and plugged in my battery. After around 5 hours of waiting i decided to plug it into my drone just for fun to only see that I had 2/5 possible battery bars. I went to go charge it again thinking all was well. When I came back I looked in the manual just for fun as I sat next to my drone "charging" to find that it was supposed to be green not red. I have a double flashing red light. Right now I'm draining the battery out to see if I can get it to charge when its empty.

RC Qualifier
    From the quick research I did-2 red flashes Battery error Disconnect battery. Not sure how much that helps. Call traxxas.
    Last edited by GMMWICKED; 01-07-2017 at 08:43 AM.
    If you can't be with the one you love, love the one your with!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckvoip View Post
    Could be the battery is not plugged in far enough. It's tight. Unplug and replug in hard.

RC Qualifier
    LED Indication Meaning Solution
    1 red flash Power Source Error Check power source and DC plug fuse
    2 red flashes Battery error Disconnect battery
    3 red flashes The charger safety timer has expired Disconnect battery; if battery is too hot, discontinue charger use and contact Traxxas Customer Support
    4 red flashes The internal charger temperature is too high Disconnect charger and allow charger to cool
    7 red flashes The battery voltage is too high Disconnect battery; battery is not compatible with the charger

RC poster
    Just disconnect the battery? I'll guess i'll just do that and wait..... Uh tech support isn't up until monday

The battery needs to be plugged in hard. Try pushing the connector in more.

RC poster
    I've shoved it in as best as I could, even to the point where it would take a while to budge and come out.

RC poster
    Idk it seems defective. Would Traxxas send a new one or am I going to have to buy one. It literally came straight out of the box with no usage.

Definitely call Traxxas support. They'll fix you up fast.

RC poster

Cool Satisfied Customer

Quote Originally Posted by ironicflunky View Post
    So my neighbor got this in a gift exchange at work and decided that he didn't have a use for it and passed it off to me. I got everything unboxed and the drone assembled and plugged in my battery. After around 5 hours of waiting i decided to plug it into my drone just for fun to only see that I had 2/5 possible battery bars. I went to go charge it again thinking all was well. When I came back I looked in the manual just for fun as I sat next to my drone "charging" to find that it was supposed to be green not red. I have a double flashing red light. Right now I'm draining the battery out to see if I can get it to charge when its empty.
    Yep! I found out the hard way myself. New to RC and I got my drone last night. Unfortunately, I did not realize at the time your light on the charger has to turn green. I called Traxxas after I realized my Aton would not power up. I wasn't very happy with the initial answer of it would take 7-10 business days to send me a replacement battery. I lost my cool, but called back shortly after and requested to speak with a manager. I was directed to voice mail and my call was returned within the hour. I explained my situation about being new to RC/Traxxas and he walked me through the steps again to make sure nothing was missed. He decided his fix would be to make sure that today he would send me a battery and charger for my Aton. He can't promise I will have it any sooner than UPS can deliver, but definitely better than 7-10 days.

It's not the greatest solution, but considering I have bought other products from companies who don't have that type of service I am more than pleased. Can't wait to get new battery and get this thing up in the air.

RC Qualifier
    I'll fly mine tonight in your honor. Just look in the sky and know it's out there somewhere.

RC poster
    I don't know I contacted traxxas and idk if they are going to send me a new one. I talked to a representative and he said to send him pics of drone and volt reader of battery. No reply. I sent them an email today again.

RC poster
    Today I called traxxas parts and not tech support and the rep was very nice and replaced both the battery and charger no charge. Should get here in 7-10 days. thank you for all your support and answers.

RC poster
    Had the same problem Came to this forum. Unplugged battery and reinserted plug in really hard. Battery went to charge as its suppose to.