RC poster

Rustler VXL speed build tips

Hey everyone I'm pretty new here. I just got myself a Rustler VXL and currently have all stock eveything in it besides the wheelie bar. Was wondering if you could all give me some tips to make my rustler reach 50-60 whole still being able to have some fun off roads and what not. I know lipos will give me some more pep but what are some other things I could do to make it rip? Thanks

The stock VXL is capable of those speeds and even tells you how in the manual. Gear ratio and 3S Lipo. Trying to get speed and bashing all in one is very hard to do unless you have deep pockets.
    How long have you been in this hobby? If new you might want to learn your truck first.
    T/SportMax/Slayer Pro/Bandit
    Stampede/Rustler

RC poster
    Thanks for the tip, I'm coming out of retirement I had a couple quick rc cars as a kid including a nitro one but haven't used them in years. Never had to do repairs or upgrades besides the servo. If I can hit 50 while still being able to go off-road and have some fun I'd be happy.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Your stock gearing on 3S will do that. Your axles won't hold up though. I got traxxas 1951R's and love them. Get aluminum big bore shocks and aluminum caster blocks. Drive it and see what you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Similarly I want to find a good all around pinion & spur ratio for on/off road. Just curious if there are any suggestions? My Rusty VXL is running 3s and lots of hop-ups (MIP CVDs, big bores, aluminum casters etc) but just haven't found a setup that doesn't melt down plastic spurs or destroy the factory transmition case. I want to get out and run my two rustys with my son without having to repair every 10 minutes. I could use some help