RC poster

Can't get TSM receiver to work while DTS-1 is on

I have tried linking the DTS-1 (which works fine) in every order possible, while also trying to get my car to work (TSM receiver), but when the DTS-1 is linked up the receiver goes offline and won't link back up.

I have linked them in every order possible, doing the car (which works fine when DTS-1 is not active) first, then when the DTS-1 is linked the car goes offline (receiver light turns red), and vice versa.

I am using the 6529 tqi receiver w/ blue tooth module and tsm 633 receiver and android phone w/latest app. I have updated the firmware/software on everything.

anyone have any suggestions ?

That's a very specific problem, and one that it is not likely a lot of people have encountered due to the particular components involved. Your best bet is to call the Customer support line at:
    1-888-TRAXXAS (1-888-872-9927)
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

It's been a while since I messed with my DTS-1, but I remembered having a similar issue .... so I set it up in the living room today to check it out (you don't need to have lots of space between the components ) . I'm no expert, I haven't used mine that much and I can't promise this will work for you, but this is how I get mine to work.

I'm using the 5ch TSM receiver with a 3ch TQI radio, linked to an Ipod Touch 5.
    First I get my truck awake and linked and verify the dashboard. Then get the DTS up and ready "stand-alone". Next, with the truck sitting next to the start tower, I go to the "garage" >"connect" screen and tap the "set TQI to link mode" and press the set button on the tower 'til it "beep-beep"s. That connects the DTS to the app, but the truck receiver will flash red.
    Then I just re-tap the "set TQI to link mode" again and switch the truck off-and-on, and it re-links to the radio and they're both good to go. The DTS icon doesn't always show right back up on the Ipod, so I go to the DTS-1 screen and tap "diagnostics" to confirm the link.
    I just tried it again and those steps seem to work every time.
    May not work for anyone else, but it's worth a try.

chop it up ... stitch it up ...It's ALIVE !!!

RC poster
    I figured it out, the step I was missing was that you have to go to the traxxas App and put the transmitter back into link mode, then turn the car on (and everything works fine). Thanks for the help.

I didn't realize that the transmitter stops looking for other devices once it is connected to
    one device, and that is why they have the "Connect"/"Set Transmitter to link mode" functions.
    Last edited by nakulak; 01-13-2017 at 11:14 AM.

RC poster
    by the way, here is the entire set of steps in case it helps anyone else.

A: bind trans to Start line, End line, and Start line to End line just like the Traxxas instructions Step 1 and Step 2 here:
    https://traxxas.com/support/DTS1-Linking-Binding, making sure to update firmware if necessary.

B: with everything off, start the traxxas app (phone/tablet/whatever: henceforth "phone"), link your car/truck, and make sure that firmware is updated on your receiver.

C: with everything off,
    start phone app

D: turn on transmitter, then within 5 sec turn on the DTS start line

E: before 60 seconds, The bluetooth logo and transmitter icon on top left of phone, and the DTS logo on top right should
    show up.

F: turn on the DTS end lind unit, and within 5 sec hold down "set" button on the start unit only, until it beeps twice.
    The complete DTS should now be functional, and you can check on the phone at Garage/DTS-1/Diagnostics to see the DTS lasers light up and show up on phone

G (activating car): on the phone, go to Connect, and click button "set tqi to link mode", then within 5 sec turn on the car. Car should link right up, and good to go.

works for me, anyways, and thanks again for help.

I do have one more issue, but started another thread for it.

It was also suggested to run/link dts-1 to a tx that is not controlling or linked to an rc.... That causes issues with loosing or the ability to link/pair with the dts system... I have yet to successfully link everything and be able to run one or two rc on the dts timing system after 4 seperate attempts of an hour or more.

92.5 mph Rustler (Rusty 1.0 R.I.P.)
    78 mph Rustler (Rusty 2.0)
    86.9 mph Stampede 4x4
    Last edited by Briber; 02-26-2017 at 07:39 PM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

Mine was a bit tricky at first. I set it up in the living room with less than 10 ft. between start and finish-lines. That made it easier to line all the lasers up for set-up.
    You need to link the start tower and finish console to the transmitter separately and update them. That will link the DTS' system to your radio too. Then I go thru the steps in my post above, to re-link my truck, and mine works every time.
    chop it up ... stitch it up ...It's ALIVE !!!

RC poster
    Same issue as you, even going through the steps below, I can not get the track and the car to link at the same time. 3 week end in a row for us to monkey with this and the only way to use it is with the tx and phone dedicated to the track and I can't run my car, frustrating to say the least.