RC Racer

need help 17mm hex question for slash 4x4 with xo-1 axles

Well I have put my Xo-1 axles on my slash 4x4, and the STRC 17mm hubs I bought wont work. 1 the inside hole is to small for the 6mm driveshaft, and 2 they seem to be to long to engage any threads to tighten them down.

My question is I guess I can use the xo-1 17mm hubs 6469 obviosuly.

But I have read that there is quite a bit of slop in them. Does anyone have any other brand (with p/n) that I can use?

Also I needed to get different rear hub carriers as the slash ones also did not work with those driveshafts.

RC Racer
    IF someone can provide options to the right rear hub carriers i will need. or If im doing something wrong as I dont think my STRC slash 4x4 rear carriers will work. no where to put an inside bearing?

RC Racer
    well i figured out my problem, i have 2 front driveshaft sets. so dumb to make them different.

I still could use options for better 17mm hubs if there is any that are a direct fit to these axles?

So can I use my rear hub carrier for the slash for this or still no? I see there is only 3.5 deg available for the xo-1 and I would like something a little less, about 1 deg.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    you can run xo1 rear hub carriers, or get custom bearings to accomodate the larger inner bore wit hsame size outer bore

the x01 17mm adapters are fine

run the rear left knuckle on the right side and vice versa... than you be right around 1 degree toe in

RC Racer
    Thanks jimbo. looks like I did screw up some important parts.

wish someone was there to hold my hand! lol

I have the bearings already (with the 6mm inside id), so would they with my slash carriers i have now? I ask because in the front for example. the inside bearing rides on the sholder of the driveshaft (pic one) which is a large outside diameter bearing. Does the rear do that also or does the rear only have bearings for the shaft part (pic 2)

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    the rear doesn't seat like the fronts, it is all in the rear knuckle

for ease of parts, I would run the xo1 rear carriers, and use a standard size bearing, instead of a custom sized bearing in the slash hubs --- but either can be done

RC Racer
    Ok, I only ask because I already have the bearings, and the slash rear hubs, it would jsut save me from returning and mailing back those parts.

i looked at the exploded diagrams it looks like the XO1 rear carriers use 6x12 bearings, and the slash uses 5x11.

So If I have the 6x11 bearings, I can keep my rear carriers I have now correct? Is there anyother dimensional difference in the rear carrier I need to be concerned about?

Quote Originally Posted by LureMIn View Post
    Thanks jimbo. looks like I did screw up some important parts.

wish someone was there to hold my hand! lol

Ohhoho! SPICY!
    Member of the 100+ post club! Here to mess up!