RC poster

How important is it to store your batteries in a bag??

I just started using a LiPo battery, is it important to store them in a LiPo bag? Are these just for fire safety?

When not in use I always keep them in storage mode.

Thx

RC Qualifier
    As long as you keep them in storage mode they will be absolutely fine! A fire bag is more made for charging a lipo battery
    Have Fun and Drive Recklessly

Unimportant. I still store mine in a metal box though.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

RC poster
    Thx, I ordered a bag and will use it when charging, I leave it in the garage attached to the house when charging. I do check on it but not %100 of the time, smoke alarm also in garage.

RC Racer
    The bag is cheap insurance against accidents. Rarely, a lipo at rest will fail spectacularly, for a multitude of reasons (maybe the leads got shorted due to bad insulation?). The bag just keeps the rest of the surroundings from joining the battery in self immolation. If you really wanted to be safe, get the small bags and store and charge each battery separately, so if one dies you don't lose more than one.

It is for fire safety in the rare event that the battery has an internal short due to a manufacturing defect or damage received during prior use or charging that was not immediately apparent when the battery was put into storage.

RC Competitor
    Lipo bags can be quite useless (specially cheap one) just have an eye out for a metal container such as an Army ammo carry case, they give much better protection in case something goes wrong, just remove the seal when you get your hand on one.

They are available almost everywhere, army supply shops, gun store etc. ! i found mine for 10 bucks at a trash and treasure market !

I store mine in an ammo box. Only charge when I am right next to them by the computer or down in my workshop. I saw a heli battery explode at hobbytown USA one day while it was charging. It smells like grape juice as they just pop. You got 15 seconds to get it somewhere safe. He grabbed it and tossed it outside on the concrete. Then I watched a cool fire show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slash 4x4 and Slash VXL owner

I've only used my lipo bag for storage... they sit out in the open when charging while keeping an eye on them, not in any type of metal container like others have done.