RC Racer

problem with steering servo turning by itself?

I finally have my truck put all together, and everything seems to be working fine except my steering servo. I have never seen one do this, but If I have the truck off the ground say in my hand and I rotate it along its X axis. (horizontal)like if its turning on the ground, the servo turns with me rotating it? Weirdest thing I've ever seen, what could be the cause of this?

I have the hitech 5645mg.

You can also hear the servo without turning the wheel making its noise it does when not activating it.

Need help!

May I ask if you have TSM on your truck? If you do , that will cause what you are describing.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Racer
    Sorry I forgot to mention I have the spectrum dx4c with the avc which I assume is like the Tsm?

RC Enthusiast
    They are basically the same thing. That's exactly what avc is. Truck gets sideways, avc turns the wheels to get it back straight again. Turn it off, and it will stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Oh OK I thought avc was just throttle management. OK so now I just have to figure out how to turn that. What could cause the servo to not return to center when turning right as opposed to left when cycling? A bind somewhere? The servo also always sounds like ita trying to move. Even when still

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by LureMIn View Post
    Oh OK I thought avc was just throttle management. OK so now I just have to figure out how to turn that. What could cause the servo to not return to center when turning right as opposed to left when cycling? A bind somewhere? The servo also always sounds like ita trying to move. Even when still
    My servo always makes sounds too. I think thats normal. Unless its moving the wheels thats something different. Im running stock servo fyi.

Quote Originally Posted by perry396 View Post
    My servo always makes sounds too. I think thats normal. Unless its moving the wheels thats something different. Im running stock servo fyi.

Servo whine is normal.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired