RC poster

EZ-Peak Live 12-amp charger, anyone have one yet?

I know it was just released, but was wondering if you think the new EZ-Peak Live 12-amp charger is worth upgrading too? I like the idea of being able to view the stats on your phone and it's a 12amp peak. Just wanted to get peoples opinions. Thanks guys.

https://traxxas.com/sites/default/fi...er-landing.jpg

RC poster
    I have one for my 6700 4S batteries and haven't had any problems. I guess it depends on what you are upgrading from.. As of now the live app is only available for iOS and not yet for Android.

RC Enthusiast
    I also have one for my 6700 4S batteries. Seemed to be fine but the unit is resetting when I start charging one of the batteries. Not sure what is happening will be calling Traxxas on Monday for more help. Will update once I have an update on the situation.

RC Competitor
    I am considering the power up though not sure I want to spend the money now on the 12 amp charger. I have 2 dual RT peak 8 amp chargers. Do you know if I can charge 4s with them?

RC Enthusiast
    Just got my new EZ-Peak Live charge and all is well again. I guess the first one just had some issues. The new one I purchased is working great and no my truck is ready to find some jumps.

RC Racer
    Traxxas just does not have a good track record for their chargers and seeing new in box live units DOA does not help. I'd be looking elsewhere.

RC Enthusiast
    Just got mine today since they came back in stock at Traxxas, and, well…… can chargers be awesome??
    Plugged it in and Bluetooth linked to the iPhone, and the first message I got was a firmware(?) update. Went smoothly.

I'm using it on 5000/20C's for the Aton, and after having flown both batteries down to the 30-second warning, and after letting the batteries cool, the EZ-Peak charged them both in 42 minutes each! Less than HALF the time of the charger that came with the Aton.

So, day one I'm bloody well pleased I can tell you!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselPro View Post
    Traxxas just does not have a good track record for their chargers and seeing new in box live units DOA does not help. I'd be looking elsewhere.
    I was having some issues with mine. Ended up coming across a youtube video where a guy noticed the pin on the right side was pushed in. Pulled it out with tweezers some and it fixed his. Mine was the same. Pulled it out and it works fine. I'm guessing it's a little loose for some reason. It passes QA cuz they plug in a battery and it works, but then when you get it home and use it over and over it gets pushed in.

RC Competitor
    Are they going to release a dual port? I'll be upset if I buy 4 chargers and they come out with a dual port a month later.
    Pede Xmaxx Merv 1/18 Rally Blast Spartan M41 Aton

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2020rob View Post
    I am considering the power up though not sure I want to spend the money now on the 12 amp charger. I have 2 dual RT peak 8 amp chargers. Do you know if I can charge 4s with them?
    You can't charge 4s batteries on the dual TraxxasLink EZ Peak chargers just 2s or 3s.

RC Enthusiast
    I just bought one yesterday to cut down on the balance charging and storage charging for my Traxxas lipos. Tired of waiting for my EZ Peak dual chugging along at 4amps per side. Haven't really had a chance to test it yet but the Live app does seem to work well. The dual does work great for 2 nihms at a time though. Will post up my thoughts when I balance charge, run out and then storage charge my batteries with the 12 amp unit.

RC Competitor
    Bit the bullet and got one to try it out. Very nice unit.
    Pede Xmaxx Merv 1/18 Rally Blast Spartan M41 Aton

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliRC View Post
    I know it was just released, but was wondering if you think the new EZ-Peak Live 12-amp charger is worth upgrading too? I like the idea of being able to view the stats on your phone and it's a 12amp peak. Just wanted to get peoples opinions. Thanks guys.

https://traxxas.com/sites/default/fi...er-landing.jpg
    Your link just is for the pic, so not sure of the model number. Is it part 2971? ($100). Also comes it package form with 2 4S batteries - https://traxxas.com/products/parts/2993