RC poster

Question X-maxx ESC problem with Frsky X8R

Hi guys, I noticed that stock ESC vxl-6s doesn't want to work with FRsky and X8R receiver because after all calibrations green led blinks rapidly. In FRsky Taranis X9D everything is centered, calibrated etc etc .
    When I connect stock traxxas receiver then it works great, but with X8R starts to blinks ( even on fail safe mode when everything is centered ).
    Some users has similar issues , it's like vxl-6s will not work FRSKY, but why ?! ( this is simple PWM signal ).

I want to build more adavanced version of xmaxx with head tracking gps and obstacle avoidance but this ESC ..... .

Can someone help me please ?

Cheers

RC Competitor
    it might be the same problem i had when trying to setup Futaba 4PLS and stock ESC
    Try changing the servo option to standard analog servo . If you have that option
    That did it for me .

RC poster

X-maxx ESC problem with Frsky X8R

Thanks RcPimp for idea, after checked all informations I can say that Traxxaxs made this ESC to don't work with other products than Traxxas receivers. Only sometimes it will work with some FlySKY receivers, problem can be with signal refreshing because input signal is not wide/open.
    On other two tested ESCs ( SKyRC etc ) my receiver works delicious. Traxxas why you forced users to use only traxxas products for simple PWM system ? , this is really bad marketing idea.

Traxxas has a strict language policy. A word filter operates to change inappropriate words and banned websites or brands to *s. When you see these in your post, you MUST edit them out.
    ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-14-2017 at 08:34 AM.

RC poster
    I see this message , what I said wrong ?
    " Traxxas has a strict language policy. A word filter operates to change inappropriate words and banned websites or brands to *s. When you see these in your post, you MUST edit them out.
    ksb51rl "

Quote Originally Posted by FPVtv View Post
    Thanks RcPimp for idea, after checked all informations I can say that Traxxaxs made this ESC to don't work with other products than Traxxas receivers. Only sometimes it will work with some FlySKY receivers, problem can be with signal refreshing because input signal is not wide/open.
    On other two tested ESCs ( SKyRC etc ) my receiver works delicious. Traxxas why you forced users to use only traxxas products for simple PWM system ? , this is really bad marketing idea.

Traxxas has a strict language policy. A word filter operates to change inappropriate words and banned websites or brands to *s. When you see these in your post, you MUST edit them out.
    ksb51rl
    Quote Originally Posted by FPVtv View Post
    I see this message , what I said wrong ?
    " Traxxas has a strict language policy. A word filter operates to change inappropriate words and banned websites or brands to *s. When you see these in your post, you MUST edit them out.
    ksb51rl "

A: There is a language filter here that you tripped and replaced words with "*". Edit your post if you were to happen to use such language and refrain from using in the future.

B: It's not marketing, it is R&D. Traxxas designed and built the system and one component may rely on the other to make it work as it should. There is no problem in that as Traxxas will promote their products, not Futaba, Flysky, Hitec, et al and, quite honestly, probably don't care if they work with them or not. This is a practice not exclusive to Traxxas. Have you thought to lay blame that the other products don't work with Traxxas so those companies should change their programming? Why does Traxxas have to cater to them?
    The Super Derecho