RC poster

Would like to reduce caster...any options?

I have what amounts to a 2wd GT8 and would love to lose most of the caster in the front end to reduce pushing in corners. Any options?

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Squarejaw View Post
    I have what amounts to a 2wd GT8 and would love to lose most of the caster in the front end to reduce pushing in corners. Any options?

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC
    Castor can be adjusted by turning the upper front turnbuckle with a wrench. Of course you will need to have adjustable turnbuckes, not the fixed plastic ones.
    trinity 6cell packs - 5 cells for the price of 6!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenmtb View Post
    Castor can be adjusted by turning the upper front turnbuckle with a wrench. Of course you will need to have adjustable turnbuckes, not the fixed plastic ones.
    Nope... sorry, the buckles adjust the Camber, not the Caster. It, meaning the caster, can only be adjusted by installing new caster blocks with the angle you want.

see http://www.competitionx.com/rc-tuning-caster/

you can try to stop the push by putting some lighter oil or springs on the front shocks, or alternately, heavier oil or springs on the rear shocks.
    Last edited by Twangmaster; 01-15-2017 at 12:43 PM. Reason: added the url for chassis tuning

RC Qualifier
    i am building a GT8 2wd and was wondering the same thing. but the real issue is that the entire front of the slash/rustler is kicked up by 30 degrees or so. it would be cool if somebody made a Bulkhead that mounted to the chassis to reduce the angle of the front arms, but keep the angle of the shock-tower... (or maybe not... would be nice for the front shock tower to be more vertical...)
    but the solutions is in the bulkhead, i think...
    i think the reason it pushes on on the corners is because the wheels want to angle-out instead of stay flat on the turns. that is great off-read so the front wheels can dig on the turn, but on-road we are more worried about constant contact with the road.
    i tune the camber on my front wheels so that the outside tire is almost flat when at full turn. it looks funny going straight, but grips nice in the corners...