RC Racer

4WD Stampede XL5 Brushed vs Stampede XL5 4WD Brushed

I have the 2WD XL5 brushed but was wondering how the 4WD XL5 brushed version stacks up? I like the 2WD but would like better climbing performance when trailing and crawling. Pros and Cons?
    "For we walk by faith and not by sight" 2 Cor. 5-7

The xl5 titan combo is geared down for the 4wd pede, it will be slower in comparison to the 2wd. The 4wd stampede really needs a brushless to run nice. I imagine the higher turn titan 550 from an emaxx would work good in a brushed stampede 4x4 too, but I don't own one, I have never tried.

My 4WD Pede is now a 4WD Slash. It is a fun truck, but it is a monster, and as such, unstable at high speeds. With that, I would get another if the bug hit me. I have only owned the VXL version, but have seen enough of the XL5 version that I know I would not buy one. The 4WD Pede is a great platform, the XL5 is a great brushed ESC, the Titan motor, meh... so-so, but the XL5/4WD Pede combo is not a good one. To really enjoy the truck, it needs brushless power.

This is kind of the same for the Telluride. It is a great trail platform, but will fry the motor if you put it through a lot of heavy-torque crawling situations.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Racer
    Ok, thanks for the good inputs folks.

RC Racer
    Is throttle response as good on the brushless version as it is with the brushed XL5 setup? My brushless X-Maxx is very jerky on initial throttle input, it's a mess in low speed crawling or trailing situations.

Thanks!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnybravo View Post
    Is throttle response as good on the brushless version as it is with the brushed XL5 setup? My brushless X-Maxx is very jerky on initial throttle input, it's a mess in low speed crawling or trailing situations.

Thanks!
    Unless you're going to invest in a new motor and esc combo you're going have the cogging and stuttering. That's a sensorless brushless system for you. You need to get a sensored setup if you're going to do any slow speed trailing or crawling.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdynsty25 View Post
    Unless you're going to invest in a new motor and esc combo you're going have the cogging and stuttering. That's a sensorless brushless system for you. You need to get a sensored setup if you're going to do any slow speed trailing or crawling.
    Thanks, sounds like my X-Maxx!