what batteries should I get.

hey guys am looking into this boat and wondering what batteries I should get. I want really good run time through. I was think the traxxas 3s 8400 mph lipos or should I go 2s please help.

RC Enthusiast
    Rcguy5, I use the Traxxas 3 cell 5000 mah with ID charger works great, I Also run Lectron pro 50c 5200mah Changed connectors to traxxas, Balance these with Dynamite Prophet 4 quad charger. I would go with the 3s 8400 mah or the traxxas kit below.
    I run these 4 battery's gives me around 1 hour of fun shooting videos boat rips hard !!

I think this is the best deal going for a good setup and fast boat speeds.
    https://traxxas.com/products/parts/2990
    Last edited by liquid1; 01-22-2017 at 11:31 AM.

of wow so you get a hour of runtime on 5000 mph packs?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcguy5 View Post
    of wow so you get a hour of runtime on 5000 mph packs?
    Ha... I wish!! Run time with 2 sets of batteries I listed above keeps me playing for an hour on a location making video's.
    If I run hard with the 5000 mah Traxxas set I'll get 10 to 15 min of run time, I go in burst. There's usually some one checking out the boat, so each session is 45 min to an hour, Running RC is relaxing to me and fun.. No rush
    This boat rips, Check out my videos running these 2 pack sets of batteries listed above.
    I will run 4 Batteries down in a session 2 sets.
    I also keep the M41 waxed up with carnuba wax, Bottom and entire boat is very slick.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2ElGzl39Q4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPzdqoj8-k8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-o9CTtM3po
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPecs-yFeEU
    Last edited by liquid1; 01-22-2017 at 11:27 PM.

RC Racer
    6S lipo is the hot setup for my style of bashing on the water, hot lipo is king IMO.

RC Enthusiast
    Rude98, Any listing for this setup. Price where to buy.

RC Qualifier
    RCguy I run 2 TRAXXAS 5000MAH 25C 3 cell ID Lipos in my M-41 just like Liquid run's although I have not actually timed my play time but I can say the packs last pretty long for me & I have lots of batteries I bring with me so swapping out to fresh packs to keep the fun going is not an issue for me... My thought is this a 5000 MAH 3 cell 25C or 5800 MAH 3 cell 30C flat pack lipo is all you need for the M-41...

RC Enthusiast
    Grave 75 I agree the Boat runs awesome on the Traxxas 5000 mah packs. i would like the 8400 packs to help add weight to the front end, With 5000 mah packs pushed down as far front as possible my M41 wants to flip over, runs like a scalded cat for sure.

rcguy, check out my vids running these batteries in my link above. Throttle control is needed for sure.
    Last edited by liquid1; 03-02-2017 at 09:41 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid1 View Post
    Grave 75 I agree the Boat runs awesome on the Traxxas 5000 mah packs. i would like the 8400 packs to help add weight to the front end, With 5000 mah packs pushed down as far front as possible my M41 wants to flip over, runs like a scalded cat for sure.

rcguy, check out my vids running these batteries in my link above. Throttle control is needed for sure.
    Funny I don't have that problem with my M-41 where are you running your M-41 I use a medium pond in a public park & don't go on windy days... My M-41 works awesome

RC Enthusiast
    Grave75, Your lucky I guess.. I have to be careful or air will get under boat and flip right over at wot . And batteries are as forward as they will go against foam. I'm not complaining as it adds to the Adrenalin rush I get watching the boat haul **** across the lake. this is on clear glass like lake water. I think the bigger pack will help me hold the front down.

RC Racer
    Seems like the batteries I got, can't hand my boat. I have a pair of 5200 lectron 3s I bought. They're great when I run them in my Slash, but after using them in my M41, they puff now. I even used one again recently in my Slash and puffed it. I think they're toast.

I really feel like in order to run this boat, you do need a great set of lipos because the temps this boat get to can be high. I got a set of SPC 8400 3s lipos. They're huge. They last a long time even though they are heavy and weigh the boat down more, but I don't feel it slows the boat down that bad. Even those have puffed. I've left them in storage mode and I hope when I run them again, they do not puff. Because good lord, it cost a lot of money to get 3s lipos.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by FortMark View Post
    Seems like the batteries I got, can't hand my boat. I have a pair of 5200 lectron 3s I bought. They're great when I run them in my Slash, but after using them in my M41, they puff now. I even used one again recently in my Slash and puffed it. I think they're toast.

I really feel like in order to run this boat, you do need a great set of lipos because the temps this boat get to can be high. I got a set of SPC 8400 3s lipos. They're huge. They last a long time even though they are heavy and weigh the boat down more, but I don't feel it slows the boat down that bad. Even those have puffed. I've left them in storage mode and I hope when I run them again, they do not puff. Because good lord, it cost a lot of money to get 3s lipos.
    yes I have puffed batteries too the M41 really pulls a lot of current. what you can do is start with shorter run times. Add a minute each time until you get to the point where the batteries are getting warm and that is your max runtime with that set up and battery configuration

The less remaining capacity the hotter the battery can get because it can't put out full power as it drains - but the ESC will try and pull it.