Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Xmaxx 8s

RC poster

Xmaxx 8s

New to the site, just preordered the new xmaxx 8s just curious as to what batteries and charger some of you are running with the power up option to get the full potential out of the truck? I've always ran nitro so the electric is all new to me! Been doing a lot of research and it looks like there are a lot of options out there! Just don't want to order anything that could be potentially hazardous to he truck or me! Thanks for any help!

RC Qualifier

Xmaxx 8s

Just some general info. You want the biggest mah batts you can buy and the highest C rating you can. I think the recommended minimum is 5000mah 25c as per the Traxxas branded ones. But bear in mind some manufacturers tell fibs about the c ratings. SMC and Max Amps are very good but you pay more.

I use other makes the forum including Floureon but the quality can be hit n miss. Get some lipo bags to.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-22-2017 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Content

If i where to start from scratch i would probably give the new Traxxas charger and 4s batteries a try.

RC Enthusiast
    I have 2 dynamite duo chargers.
    4 x 200 watt for my helicopters so I dont need a charger.
    The traxxas lipos are way to expensive.
    I really want to now are the gensace will fit

http://www.gensace.de/car-lipo/gens-...attery-14.html

Are the lipo trays of the New x maxx bigger than the
    Version 1 x maxx ?
    And so what are the dimensions
    Last edited by Bask04; 01-25-2017 at 01:33 AM.

RC Qualifier
    They wont be bigger.

RC Enthusiast
    What are the dimensions of the battery compartiment?

RC Enthusiast
    Designed and built exclusively for use in the X-Maxx. Meant for use with stock ESC and 4S Lipo or big 8S brushless system installs

45C
    192x48x41mm
    XT-150 Plug

how is it possible that they advertice that they will fit.

X-Maxx Battery Tray Dimensions: 197mm x 51.5mm x 44mm
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    Gonna try the venom duo charger and 4 of the 4s 5000mah 50c hard case batteries.
    Last edited by peakj; 01-29-2017 at 10:09 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    4s 8000 mah
    45C
    192x48x41mm
    XT-150 Plug
    Is the biggest lipo That will fit ?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bask04 View Post
    4s 8000 mah
    45C
    192x48x41mm
    XT-150 Plug
    Is the biggest lipo That will fit ?
    You're quoting a Kershaw battery and yes that is the biggest thing you can fit in a stock X-maxx tray. Technically it's too big and you have to stuff it in there.

RC poster
    Peakj ... That charger is awesome , thats what i have. You cant beat it for the price.

As far as 4s batteries go , I use 2 of these....
    http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?...product_id=398

absolutely great batteries for the money , 2 of these for the price of 1 maxamps
    Last edited by Double G; 02-02-2017 at 04:06 PM. Reason: merge

RC poster
    Now I just need the truck to show up!

RC Qualifier
    If you buy Traxxas batteries make sure you buy the charger/battery combo! 4s plugs are different.They don't make an balance adapter. You save $70 if you purchase the combo over buying them seperate.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by winndon View Post
    Peakj ... That charger is awesome , thats what i have. You cant beat it for the price.

absolutely great batteries for the money , 2 of these for the price of 1 maxamps
    I'm using SMC as well.. best priced in Canada for the quality everything else is $130 plus per battery

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Do you have any problems fitting the 6700 mah SMC battery in the tray? Does it bow the battery latch? Also, how much run-time are you getting on these batteries?

Quote Originally Posted by Tilly70 View Post
    Do you have any problems fitting the 6700 mah SMC battery in the tray? Does it bow the battery latch? Also, how much run-time are you getting on these batteries?
    48mm its gonna push the battery latch up a tiny bit, question is what happens if it swell/puff a tiny bit.

RC Competitor
    I highly recommend the Venom Pro Duo 0685 charger. Did a bunch of research about them this week. It can charge any two 1s to 6s batteries at the same time. For example, two 3s batteries, or one 3s and one 4s etc. Can charge up to 7amps PER channel. To top that off its only $100, the same price as the new Traxxas Live that can only charge one battery at a time or the dual EZ-Peak which can only charge the 2s or 3s batteries and only 4amps per channel. As for batteries, I'm still looking for good affordable 4s ones. I'm currently trying running it on 3s batteries.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by cazrack View Post
    48mm its gonna push the battery latch up a tiny bit, question is what happens if it swell/puff a tiny bit.
    Well, I picked up my 8s X Maxx today, and I didn't buy any batteries yet. I'm wondering if anyone has run a 4s battery (other than a Traxxas 4s) in their 8s yet. That's true, the 6700 SMC would cause some issues if it puffs up. I just don't want to be sucked into the Traxxas batteries and their charger. I'm thinking the SMC 4s 5600 mah batteries would be fine. Any comments?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by winndon View Post

I asked SMC about those 6700 fitting and they said they would not fit?? They do? They told me to buy their 5600 but. I'd rather use the 6700??

RC Champion
    Well, I picked up my 8s X Maxx today, and I didn't buy any batteries yet. I'm wondering if anyone has run a 4s battery (other than a Traxxas 4s) in their 8s yet. That's true, the 6700 SMC would cause some issues if it puffs up. I just don't want to be sucked into the Traxxas batteries and their charger. I'm thinking the SMC 4s 5600 mah batteries would be fine. Any comments?
    I have the smc 4s 5200mah and I can't use the hold down bar,I had to use a battery strap.
    "AVENGED SEVENFOLD "

RC poster
    Any one got pics of the SMC 6700 4s batteries in a X-Maxx?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsilly450x View Post
    Any one got pics of the SMC 6700 4s batteries in a X-Maxx?
    It's the the same size as my smc 4s 5200mah it fits in battery tray but you won't be able to close the hold down bar,I tried uploading video and pics on Tapatalk app but won't let me not sure why.
    "AVENGED SEVENFOLD "

RC poster
    For those using the SMC or non Traxxas batteries, I assume you are changing the battery connector on the ESC to a deans or other?

RC Competitor
    No. My SMC 3s 9000 batteries came with traxxas connectors and fit perfectly.

I don't let my batteries puff. Way to expensive to let that happen.

RC poster
    Ultimately, I would like a battery that fits in the tray without having to modify the tray or hold down bar. I just can't justify spending $300 for the Traxxas kit (2 - 4s 6700 mah batteries and their charger). But it looks like Traxxas has the highest mah battery (at 6700) that fits into the tray with the hold down bar with no issues.

RC poster
    Ultimately, I would like a battery that fits in the tray without having to modify the tray or hold down bar. I just can't justify spending $300 for the Traxxas kit (2 - 4s 6700 mah batteries and their charger). But it looks like Traxxas has the highest mah battery (at 6700) that fits into the tray with the hold down bar with no issues.
    tilly, i think we might have to look at the Kershaw batteries. http://kershawdesigns.com/X-Maxx-Lipos.htm

Anyone else using these Kershaw 8000 Mah?

RC Enthusiast
    I'm running two Floureon 4S 5500mAh 35c packs I got off Amazon. No issues whatsoever. If I was to guess, they last around 15 minutes with hard use. They fit in the tray just fine too. As for a charger, I have a Dynamite Passport Ultra Force, which has an adjustable current up to 15A. It charges the 4S packs in about 20 to 25 minutes.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zellison View Post
    I'm running two Floureon 4S 5500mAh 35c packs I got off Amazon. No issues whatsoever. If I was to guess, they last around 15 minutes with hard use. They fit in the tray just fine too. As for a charger, I have a Dynamite Passport Ultra Force, which has an adjustable current up to 15A. It charges the 4S packs in about 20 to 25 minutes.

Good god. What rate are you charging them at? -.^

RC Enthusiast
    A little under 2C- 10 amps. It's 20-25 minutes per battery. I must be doing it wrong.....

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zellison View Post
    A little under 2C- 10 amps. It's 20-25 minutes per battery. I must be doing it wrong.....

Just seems really quick.. I charge my 3s 5000mah at 3 Amps and it usually takes 45-50mins. Never charged or owned a 4s though, my knowledge is slim to none on them. Sorry if I offended..

RC Enthusiast
    No worries man! I thought I could possibly be overcharging them.... I'm relatively new to the RC scene. It's probably closer to 25 minutes to charge each battery, so about an hour total for both.

I used to have a Traxxas dual charger and it took forever with the 3S 5200mah batteries I had. I stepped up to the Dynamite charger which has a charge rate up to 15 amps (plus it can charge 4S packs). Huge difference! I'd highly recommend it if you're in the market for a charger!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan74 View Post
    tilly, i think we might have to look at the Kershaw batteries. http://kershawdesigns.com/X-Maxx-Lipos.htm

Anyone else using these Kershaw 8000 Mah?
    Gee, I hope they are following all the special rules and regulations that accompany handling and shipping batteries of that size (over 100 Watt-hours.)

RC Racer
    I have two of the dynamite passport ultra chargers and they are one of the best I have used. They can charge quickly for cells that can take the higher charge rates, as well as, discharge at a higher rate than most chargers. 40 min for my 3s 9000mah at 1c. Instead of a charger that can do two batteries I thought two seperate chargers was far more versatile and the same price as the dual unit. I can also charge different types of batteries at the same time which most dual chargers can't do.

I've seen that most of the 4s packs that fit are in the 5000mah range without hold down modification. I just don't see myself shelling out the coin for a 4s that will run the truck for 15-20min tops. I have some smc 3s 9000mah that will go for over 45 min that fit just fine. I am waiting for some better 4s 8000-9000 mah options and will modify the hold downs when the time comes.

You should not hold your breath waiting for 4S packs with larger capacity than 6750mAH.

RC Qualifier
    fabricator

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    You should not hold your breath waiting for 4S packs with larger capacity than 6750mAH.
    I see that Kershaw has a 4s 8000 that is built for the maxx. On back order of course. Still they are at that 48mm height so it's tight for sure. I may pop for a set of those when they are available.

192/48/41 with the xt 150 plugs

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyXMAXX View Post
    Holy sheep dip! That is huuuuuge.

RC Qualifier
    I have the 4s kershaw battery's they fit perfectly in my truck In my opinion. I think my onyx battery's fit tighter in the trays and they are 3s 8000mah onyx.
    V1 BL5/2028, V2 max6/5882, Erevo, Summit, Rustler.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddogg951 View Post
    I have the 4s kershaw battery's they fit perfectly in my truck In my opinion. I think my onyx battery's fit tighter in the trays and they are 3s 8000mah onyx.

You have the 8000mah 4s by Kershaw? Did you switch connectors or use their plug adaptors? What kind of performance/runtimes? Full of questions aren't I!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast