Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Xmaxx 8s

RC Qualifier
    I bought the plug adapters for now. Plan on switching connections soon. Also I have not ran these battery's yet so I can't give you an accurate run time. All I can comment on currently is how they fit the trays. On a stock motor and esc you should get easy 40-45 mins of run time. My run times are a lot lower than that because of my motor/esc and my gearing combined. I've been waiting for the weather to clear up to go do some running of the trucks. Just been using this down time to fix my original maxx and upgrades to the new one. Preparing them for when weather clears up.
    V1 BL5/2028, V2 max6/5882, Erevo, Summit, Rustler.

RC Racer
    10-4 on that! I would think run times would be similar to a 3s 8000+mah. Should be interesting having extended run times with the new 8s stock set or the power up set up. I have some reservations with possible heat issues with the added power.

RC Racer
    I have a good charger that charges multiple batteries that I was planning on using with my soon to be arriving X Maxx. My plan was to buy the Traxxas 4s batteries and purchase adapters so that I can use my charger with a separate balance board. But now that I am looking I don't see an adapter that works with 4s. The only adapter cable I see is for 2s / 3s. Now I don't know what to do. I can't see downgrading chargers and buying the Traxxas one that can only charge 1 at a time.

RC Racer
    Traxxas batteries have specific plug and I heard no plans for an adaptor. Go smc or kershaw and use their adaptors or have traxxas plugs soldered on.

RC poster
    Got my xmaxx today, only had a chance to run it once so far, the batteries I mentioned towards the beginning of this post fit fine and ran it for about 30 minutes. Batteries didn't seem to be weakening, just ran out of daylight. Running the venom 4s 5000mah 50c batteries and charging with the venom pro duo charger. The batteries also came with the adapters for the traxxas plugs

RC poster
    In the quest for deciding best capacity/fitting batteries - Could a tech guru or pro here tell me if Less Motor KV (between two of same motor Brand) in an Xmaxx , mean Less( or more ) Amp Draw, on the system ?... That is, I'm Asking if a Lower KV rating (with all other system parts remaining unchanged), would cause More( or less ) actual Run time from a given set of Lipos ... Thanks.

RC Racer
    My Truck will be delivered on monday and I needed batteries fast, so I picked up a couple of these Reedy 5200 4s from my local Hobby shop: http://http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFTSA&P=FR&gclid=CjwKEAiA_p_FBRCRi_mW 5Myl4S0SJAAkezZroO-job0V7FEBT3mi57oGNqWv6vXroe1ecuwQjMHSJBoC4Hzw_wcB

RC Competitor
    If everything is identical except kv, the lower kv will use less battery giving longer run time.

RC poster

New to the hobby

Just recieved my Xmaxx 8s new to the hobby still waiting on my taxxas charger and 4sbatteries to arrive. Also bought the wife a Stampede 4x4VXL, figured make it a family hobby that we all can have fun with. Any recommendations on things to do to the trucks? Took the wifes out yesterday she had a blast.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by peakj View Post
    Got my xmaxx today, only had a chance to run it once so far, the batteries I mentioned towards the beginning of this post fit fine and ran it for about 30 minutes. Batteries didn't seem to be weakening, just ran out of daylight. Running the venom 4s 5000mah 50c batteries and charging with the venom pro duo charger. The batteries also came with the adapters for the traxxas plugs
    Hello I'm very new here; and I'm about to receive my 8s xmaxx on Wednesday; an was wondering if I ran my gens ace 5000mah 50c 4s lipo in my truck will I damage anything?

RC poster
    That sounds like fun; nothing like doing things with your best friend/ wife; however the stampede Vxl 4x4 is what I started with, on my journey with this hobby; now I'm here waiting on my 8s xmaxx ��; is this your first? (RC).Btw..esc and motor fans 3s makes them run hot, I would also get ready for some rpm upgrades; You will break stuff but that's the fun I learned alot��.

RC poster

Having a little fun earlier on!! Before 8s

So sorry for all the quick post I'm just learning; for k9wells here is something I did with my stampede one day just having fun!!! https://youtu.be/gtgFLmSdOy0
    Last edited by Troubledgemini; 02-19-2017 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Title edit

RC poster
    Yes this is our first RC's and will definitely look into upgrading the stampede. The wife and I just wanted something we could bash and have fun with.

RC poster
    I have a Tekin Redline T8 Gen 2 2250kV Brushless Motor coming in the mail soon. I'm just getting back in the game and not familiar with all this new stuff. Can someone please let me know what battery I should be using. I'd like to keep the price around $100 or a little more. Thanks

RC poster
    I would run gens ace lipos ... I have a few of them an more on order for my xmaxx; great price too.

RC Qualifier
    For a dual charger I just picked up the Onyx 260 charger which supports dual charging of any battery type. Only sort-of downside is that max output per channel is 6 amps (yes, 6 amps each output...info out there isn't that clear right now) but the interface is really good and easy to understand. It has a touch screen though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YS-v1gXxeM

RC Racer
    I picked up a pair of Horizon hobbys KINEXIS 4s 5000mah batteries. Changed the connectors over to Traxxas, and am pretty happy with them. Can't beat the price, $60! http://http://www.horizonhobby.com/KXSB0024?KPID=KXSB0024&CAWELAID=320011980000391019 &CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=37462622311&CATCI=pla-262641316450&gclid=CN67_6iKtNICFUVufgodsw4PoA

My second set of batteries I picked up were REEDY hardcase 4s 5200MAH. They are really great batteries that pack an Amazing punch! https://www.amainhobbies.com/reedy-4...FRBEfgod0mgKTQ

Both sets font the truck great (I always use some foam spacers to keep them from moving around).

RC Racer
    I have been shopping around and want to pick up a few more sets of 4s batteries. Many people seem to be recommending SMC batteries bang for your buck. I see that the 5600Mah 60c state they will fit perfect in the xmaxx, but I was wondering about the 5200mah Hardcase 90c packs they offer. Has anybody tried an seen if they will fit our trucks? They are a cheaper price, higher C discharge, and most importantly, hardcase. If not I'll just order the 5600mah 60c's.

RC poster
    I am up to two sets of batteries and third set on order. 1 set of kershaw 3s 8000mah, 1set of traxxas 4s 6700mah, and on order 1 set of kershaw 4s 8000mah.

RC Competitor
    Anyone else having issues with the gold "high current" connectors sliding out of the TRX housing when trying to plug in the batteries? This has happened to both connectors on my batteries and the ones on the Xmaxx. (I never pull them apart by the wires when I unplug them.) I ended up wrapping them in electrical tape as a fix.

I also noticed the last 1/2 inch of the wire leads on the xmaxx have deformed slightly, like the wires got too hot and almost started to melt. Concerning.
    He who dies with the most toys, wins.

RC poster
    Yes mine does I have to hold the connector in everytime I plug a battery in, if not the connector will push out. Mine is on the positive side which freaked me out the first time didn't realize it did it and the esc went crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by 0dark3rt View Post
    Anyone else having issues with the gold "high current" connectors sliding out of the TRX housing when trying to plug in the batteries? This has happened to both connectors on my batteries and the ones on the Xmaxx. (I never pull them apart by the wires when I unplug them.) I ended up wrapping them in electrical tape as a fix.

I also noticed the last 1/2 inch of the wire leads on the xmaxx have deformed slightly, like the wires got too hot and almost started to melt. Concerning.
    Quote Originally Posted by K9wells View Post
    Yes mine does I have to hold the connector in everytime I plug a battery in, if not the connector will push out. Mine is on the positive side which freaked me out the first time didn't realize it did it and the esc went crazy.
    Which batteries and which connectors? This should not happen and is not typical on any Traxxas vehicle I have owned. It is very concerning.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Which batteries and which connectors? This should not happen and is not typical on any Traxxas vehicle I have owned. It is very concerning.
    The traxxas female connector off of the ESC, doesnt matter traxxas batteries or kershaw batteries the connector doesnt hold into place was gonna try to put either superglue or JB weld the connector into place.

Xmaxx 8s

Ah, the male iD-type connectors on the ESC. In that case it doubly should not happen. If the terminals are inserted into the plastic housing the same way as the original THCC connectors, then a new housing may solve the issue. Of course, first Traxxas has to know of the issue.
    As a temporary fix, I think I'd use Shoe Goo or Amazing Goop as an adhesive at the back of the connector and away from the mating surfaces. I might even investigate whether the terminals would slide into an original THCC housing.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 03-04-2017 at 03:37 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster

8s xmaxx battery mod.

Here is what I did; so I can use any batteries I want in my 8s xmaxx. https://youtu.be/kxyLTY8QyWU

RC Racer
    I ordered up, well, (pre-ordered) 4 SMC 5600's. hopefully it won't be too long of a wait.

RC poster
    http://begoracing.com/shop/index.php...roduct_id=1441

Would these work. The MaH is 4500. Does that matter. Other than shorter run time. I just like that they will fit no problem.

RC Qualifier
    https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...quick-free-mod
    Quote Originally Posted by xmaxxmike View Post
    http://begoracing.com/shop/index.php...roduct_id=1441

Would these work. The MaH is 4500. Does that matter. Other than shorter run time. I just like that they will fit no problem.
    fabricator

RC poster
    hmmm Okay I might try that.

Thanks

RC poster
    I have 2 gen aces 7000 mah 60c also an they fit fine.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Both sets on SMC lipos (6700 4s and 72003s) have had the gold connectors slide out. This also happened on the battery leads on the xmaxx itself.

Edit to add: I've also noticed when I plug in the lipo that's positive side goes into the bridge wire, it sparks and pops VERY slightly. Not a big spark but it scares me every time. The leads are always lined up correctly too, seems like this shouldn't happen?
    Last edited by 0dark3rt; 03-06-2017 at 12:36 PM.

RC poster
    How did those even fit?

Quote Originally Posted by 0dark3rt View Post
    Both sets on SMC lipos (6700 4s and 72003s) have had the gold connectors slide out. This also happened on the battery leads on the xmaxx itself.

Edit to add: I've also noticed when I plug in the lipo that's positive side goes into the bridge wire, it sparks and pops VERY slightly. Not a big spark but it scares me every time. The leads are always lined up correctly too, seems like this shouldn't happen?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by xmaxxmike View Post
    How did those even fit?
    I had to flip the battery holddown latch upside down to fit the 6700 4s lipos (Credit to @Jaymullen on here for figuring that out). The 3s lipos fit without any problem/modifications.

RC poster
    Just flipped mine. And using the snap on extensions for the 3s batteries. Take them off for the 4s batteries. Works really well. Thanks for the heads up.

RC poster
    Check out how my PURETECH Straps held up.https://youtu.be/Sd-If_krP9I

RC Qualifier
    yeah
    GET OUT AND PLAY

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledgemini View Post
    nobody want to run a body with da screws loose
    COOL vid bro
    Awesome track
    fabricator

RC Enthusiast
    You'll need to get some washers to go in between the screw head and the body.

RC Competitor

Nice video man. Your accent cracks me up! South, what state?

RC poster
    Hey guys thanks for watching I'm from Ohio!!! More to come soon Losi Lst xxl2e vs 8s xmaxx!!!

RC poster
    I will try that..great idea!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast