RC Enthusiast

Question Proline trenchers on Titus beadlocks

Was wondering if anyone has experience with this setup. I've heard that beadlocks can be a bit heavy for the merv and slash, but how do they do on a summit?

I don't have any experience with that setup, but I believe the merv and the summit have the same driveline.

RC Champion
    Yes, same drive line, but different stock gearing. All else being equal, you will have higher temps running the Titus rims than you will running a "normal" rim.
    I've seen more people complain about them on 1/16 trucks than rave by 10 to 1....
    Dacaur

Heavy wheels cause the highest impact on your driveline when you accelerate hard. Besides that, turning on higher speeds will make your servo work harder. As long as you keep the temps in safe ranges with the right gearing, you are fine.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Enthusiast
    Does anyone know the specs on the stock wheels and tires , sizes and or weight? Don't know if I want to run trenchers or big Joe's. Thanks for your input guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutt510 View Post
    Does anyone know the specs on the stock wheels and tires , sizes and or weight? Don't know if I want to run trenchers or big Joe's. Thanks for your input guys.
    Diameter is 3.3", width 1.9"
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Champion
    I'm verry happy with my big Joe II's. They are definitely heavier, but unless you are driving in a very small area, thus accelerating and braking a lot, stock 16/50 gearing works fine in two cells. Mine are on desperados. Trenchers are a step down in size.
    Dacaur

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dacaur View Post
    I'm verry happy with my big Joe II's. They are definitely heavier, but unless you are driving in a very small area, thus accelerating and braking a lot, stock 16/50 gearing works fine in two cells. Mine are on desperados. Trenchers are a step down in size.
    Funny thing happened yesterday, I went to my LHS to pick up the trenchers I ordered for my Titus beadlocks and was told they didn't come in but they did receive was a set of big joes pre-mounted on desperados that he can give me for the same price as the un-mounted trenchers ($20) I could not pass up that deal so I took them and boy am I glad I did. According to the specs I found online the trenchers are supposed to be slightly bigger than the stock canyons but when I compared them side by side the trenchers were clearly smaller. Thanks for the help guys can't wait for me and the boy to go out and bash the snott out of them today. LOL!!!

RC Champion
    Awesome deal on the.big joes.
    If the specs you saw online showed the trenchers as bigger than canyons, you were probably looking as 2.8" trenchers instead of 2.2's . The 2.8" trenchers are even bigger than the 2.2” big Joe II's....

So you got trenchers on one and big joes on the other truck? Let me know how they compare...
    Dacaur

RC Enthusiast
    We've had a lot of rain for almost 2 weeks straight and haven't had a chance to really get some run time in but update is coming

RC Enthusiast
    Definitely impressed with the performance of the trenchers but I think they are definitely more suitable for smaller vehicles like the merv or if your running on road and some light off road. The big joes were absolutely incredible and really excelled in every kind of terrain I tried and are in my opinion a much better fit for the summit, since they came pre-mounted on desperados, I've decided to use the Titus beadlocks rims on some prime tires (slicks) for our next build witch will be more of a rat rod/ pavement pounder. The extra weight of the beadlocks made for a more stable ride and less prone to flipping and rolling although I will be addressing some things like adding a heat sink or fan , upgrading steering, and some suspension tuneing. Learned a lot and I am always open to any idea's or suggestions . Thanks and Bash On!!!