RC poster

Question Summit - Strange Motor Noise

Hi everyone,

I am looking to enter into the RC hobby and I am interested in the Summit for its crawling ability, I am not into speed yet. I went to see a used Summit today and when testing it, all servos seemed to work fine including the differentials, but when accelerating the Summit, a strange noise came from of the motor.
    See youtube video here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh7-Zxwpc8w
    The seller looked surprised as he mentioned he didn't have this noise before, he had it stored for almost a year.

Things to consider:
    -We Tested both a set of 3000mAh and 5000mAh batteries both giving the same noise. Note: both seemed to be low in charge since the low battery indicator LED came up when plugging them. Seller told me he would charge the batteries and test the Summit again.

Any feedback of what else should I test?
    Update: The seller contacted me back telling me that once he charged the batteries and tested the Summit, the noise went away. I haven't been back yet to see it myself.

Your feedback is gratly appreciated.

RC Qualifier
    That noise would be the bushings at each end of the motor . Most likely it saw some water before it was stored a yr ago . Some light lube should fix it right up but if not the motors are like 30 bucks on Ebay.
    OVERKILL,10Sum,16Sum,Xo1,MMSlas,44Stamp,Rus,16Ral

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by malonefamily2003 View Post
    That noise would be the bushings at each end of the motor. Most likely it saw some water before it was stored a yr ago . Some light lube should fix it right up but if not the motors are like 30 bucks on Ebay.
    Thanks, malonefamily2003, I assumed it wasn't something very concerning since the noise only appeared at low revolutions, and worst case scenario the motors aren't expensive.

Any suggestions what else to look for when buying a Summit?

Thanks for the help.