RC Competitor

Exclamation Trencher 1170-12 vs 1170-13 ??

Getting ready to replace the stock Stamped VXL 4x4 tires with some Proline Trenchers. Proline lists two different part numbers for Desperado wheels with Trenchers mounted on them.....but I can't figure out what the difference is between the two. They both say they fit the Stampede 4x4.

HELP!! Can someone place tell me what the difference is? Which ones should I order??

https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/...k-rear-wheels/

https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/...-black-wheels/

It's the ones on the 2nd link (#1170-12)

The first link is the rear wheels for a 2wd Stampede

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Thanks! Just bought a set!! Looking forward to more traction.....those stock talon tires are horrible!!!

1170-12 looks like they have a wider offset than the 1170-13's.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    1170-12 looks like they have a wider offset than the 1170-13's.
    That's what my lhs told me too. I have a 2wd Bigfoot and he said the 2wd has a different offset for the front & rear, but the 4wd uses the same offset for all 4.

I'm thinking about going back on Friday and picking up some of the Badland mx28's.

I can't find on the Proline site that both the wheels should fit on the 4x4 Pede. They all fit Stampedes, that makes it tricky.

The 2WD Rustler and Stampede use smaller offset wheels on the rear. The front wheel offset is the same as on the 4x4 Pede front and rear.
    Nobody is born with experience

Here are screenshots of both from the proline website from my phone:

1170-12:

1170-13:

OP, did you get your trenchers yet? My Badlands MX28'S came in today. Pretty sweet!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeliez76 View Post
    OP, did you get your trenchers yet? My Badlands MX28'S came in today. Pretty sweet!

Gorgeous

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Yep....got my trenchers in today. Tons more grip compared to the original talon tires. The trenchers do seem to swell up and balloon up more than the talons when you are going fast.....but I don't know if that really hurts anything.

RC Competitor
    Kind of a crummy picture......I will post up a better one soon.

Quote Originally Posted by imq707s View Post
    Yep....got my trenchers in today. Tons more grip compared to the original talon tires. The trenchers do seem to swell up and balloon up more than the talons when you are going fast.....but I don't know if that really hurts anything.

Nice. They look like they'd have some bite. Never had the talons, but the monster jam tires that came stock on my Bigfoot were pretty soft and ballooned at speed. The mx28's seem much better in that respect, but I'm probably only getting up to about 35 mph in my yard.

RC Competitor
    Here is a better picture of the new Trenchers I put on my pede. I think I might need to tighten up the slipper clutch....with the added traction, the slipper seems like it likes to slip a lot easier than before.

RC poster
    How do I tell whether I have 1170-12 or 1170-13?

I have 4x the same pro line trenchers that I want to put on a 2wd rustler and I understand that for a 2wd rustler I need a set of 1170-12 & 1170-13 because of the offset difference. I believe the ones I got came off a 4wd stampede.

So once I know wha I have I can buy 2x sets of the opposite model number either the 12 or 13 to make 2 full sets.

Quote Originally Posted by WilleyMunda View Post
    How do I tell whether I have 1170-12 or 1170-13?

I have 4x the same pro line trenchers that I want to put on a 2wd rustler and I understand that for a 2wd rustler I need a set of 1170-12 & 1170-13 because of the offset difference. I believe the ones I got came off a 4wd stampede.

So once I know wha I have I can buy 2x sets of the opposite model number either the 12 or 13 to make 2 full sets.
    Looking at the photo on prolines site, the 12's have the area where the nut tightens down sunken down in the wheel but on the 13's, it's flush with the face of the wheel.

12 - more offset:

13 - less offset:

I had 4 of the 12's on my 4x4 stampede. I now have their 17mm version on it.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    Looking at the photo on prolines site, the 12's have the area where the nut tightens down sunken down in the wheel but on the 13's, it's flush with the face of the wheel.

12 - more offset:

13 - less offset:

I had 4 of the 12's on my 4x4 stampede. I now have their 17mm version on it.
    Brilliant thank you so much for your help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk