RC Turnbuckle Jr.

IPhone Limited Range

Has anyone experienced very limited range when using a iPhone to monitor elevation or speed, while running the Aton app? Using a new iPhone 7, I can only get my Aton about 100 feet out from me or 150 feet high and the phone loses contact with the Aton. Very frustrating to have such a short range when trying to monitor real time data such as elevation or speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
    Has anyone experienced very limited range when using a iPhone to monitor elevation or speed, while running the Aton app? Using a new iPhone 7, I can only get my Aton about 100 feet out from me or 150 feet high and the phone loses contact with the Aton. Very frustrating to have such a short range when trying to monitor real time data such as elevation or speed.
    Edit: Information was not correct.
    Last edited by Rich2; 01-26-2017 at 03:54 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    That's limited to the capabilities of Bluetooth. Everyone is within the same range when using the app. Best way to monitor in flight data is to install a SD card which will record the data for post flight review.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hmm ... Well that is kind of disappointing. I was hoping to view the speed and altitude in real time. I understand a SD card can record the flight data, but still it is somewhat disappointing. Regardless though, a GREAT product!!! Lots of fun!!!!

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, it would have been nicer to have the info sent to the TX, then from the TX to the phone/app.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckvoip View Post
    Yes, it would have been nicer to have the info sent to the TX, then from the TX to the phone/app.
    I agree... that would have been great.

I was a bit disappointed in the range as well. being able to check real time data would have been really nice to have, but knowing the limitations that Bluetooth has, I didn't have my hopes up too much. the app is great for other things, so still a definite advantage with having it.
    Fly fast, Fly hard, and forget about the outcome.

RC poster
    My neighbor just got a Autel x star and I like his setup. All video and telemetry is sent to the transmitter and then he plugs in his phone or tablet to the transmitter and it overlays on to the video like the osd boards do. Wish traxxas would do something like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk