Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Cochranville PA
    Posts
    259

    I got a xmaxx , now my son wants one too

    So I bought my snap on xmaxx about a month ago and since than my stampede, rc8.2e and my slash ultimate project have not been touched. Also my son (6years old) no longer wants anything to do with his slash 4x4. He rips the xmaxx around the local rc track, construction sites and when we go hiking, I am super impressed about how well he does and he knows and respects that this thing is huge and it will hurt someone, Sooo I'm in process of selling his slash, my slash project and my rc8.2e. I don't think I have the heart to sell my stampede 4x4. To buy another xmaxx. But I'm not sure if I should buy an 6s and add power up kit or just buy another snap on edition. I only ever want to run on 6s. I may gear his down a lot to stick around the 20mph-25mph mark. Mine does 33mph 18/46 on 6s and that's plenty for are area of play.
    Last edited by Jdopirak; 04-25-2017 at 05:52 PM.
    Bash it,Break it,Fix it,Rinse And Repeat

  2. #2
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    76
    Your gonna want to upgrade it in the future..so might as well get the 8s...just pick up a used one...if you take ur time u might find a good deal on craiglist or letgo.

    Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    RC Champion fourdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    Posts
    1,901
    all the people I've dealt with on craigslist and phone apps, meet me at the police station to do the exchange.

    no one has ever had a problem with that. no legit person should. just make sure you are safe.

    you should keep the stampede 4x4, for smaller bash spots. they are great trucks. admittly I haven't really messed with any of my 10th scale stuff since getting the maxx. lol
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

  4. #4
    RC Racer w8liftn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Joplin, MO
    Posts
    246
    I am selling off a couple of mine, my red Snap-On is listed in marketplace now. I'm deciding what to keep and what to sell, most likely posting a new, never used 8S version and my V1 w/8S upgrade kit and hop-ups. I'm having separation anxiety over the red Snap-On already, so I guess we'll have to see.

    I have seen some V1's going for under $600 on fleabay, you just have to watch it daily.
    SnpOn Blk
    SnpOn Red X2
    V1 Max5/Leopard
    V2 X 2

  5. #5
    RC Racer w8liftn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Joplin, MO
    Posts
    246
    I love this site, I post an ad in marketplace and it's not there now. No reason given, no notification, super-awesome! I'm pretty sure that an ad for a Snap-On X-Maxx isn't violating any rules. If it is, I guess I need to send back the extra Snap-On lids I bought in the marketplace.
    SnpOn Blk
    SnpOn Red X2
    V1 Max5/Leopard
    V2 X 2

  6. #6
    Marshal Double G's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,526
    Happy to hear you love the site! Sounds like you didn't read or understand the rules of the forum and the Market Place. (Hint, paragraph 5 for starters)
    The Super Derecho

  7. #7
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Happy to hear you love the site! Sounds like you didn't read or understand the rules of the forum and the Market Place. (Hint, paragraph 5 for starters)
    Would've been easier for you to just post it here rather than make us go look for it. Dontcha just love sarcasm..............
    Sent from my AT&T flip phone using poke-and-squint

  8. #8
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by w8liftn View Post
    I love this site, I post an ad in marketplace and it's not there now. No reason given, no notification, super-awesome! I'm pretty sure that an ad for a Snap-On X-Maxx isn't violating any rules. If it is, I guess I need to send back the extra Snap-On lids I bought in the marketplace.
    Sorry this has hapened to you! I've seen and heard this from many others that this has happened to and we would wish that those who 'police' this site would be more considerate to send a PM to the offender stating what the problem was and why they lost their post, but for those who don't...... we understand. OH GOD!! Can't you just feel the power??
    Sent from my AT&T flip phone using poke-and-squint

  9. #9
    RC Racer w8liftn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Joplin, MO
    Posts
    246
    Or let me know what rule I have violated after removing it as just common courtesy. There is a VERY long list of rules that I read, and I will read again, paragraph 5 in particular.

    A lot of people have helped me out in these forums which is why I offered it here for sale first. I own 6 X-Maxx's, 3 bought from LHS or new from Tower, not to mention all of the parts and stuff that I have bought direct from this site and other authorized distributors of Traxxas products. I also own 2 Spartans and I think that this is the first time I've felt negative towards Traxxas. So enjoy your super-ness, this will help me to curb my spending on Traxxas stuff.

    You guys are quick to warn for (imo) stupid stuff and tell us why we are so bad and give us a little tick next to our name. Seems like you would have enough time to explain or point to which particular rule that was violated at some point if you remove posts in the marketplace. Or not, just keep up the good work being outstanding representatives of the Traxxas name.

    I reposted the ad because I was not notified why or IF it was removed, not because I am trying to prove anything.
    SnpOn Blk
    SnpOn Red X2
    V1 Max5/Leopard
    V2 X 2

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier Traxxas9008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    496
    Quote Originally Posted by fourdub View Post
    all the people I've dealt with on craigslist and phone apps, meet me at the police station to do the exchange.

    no one has ever had a problem with that. no legit person should. just make sure you are safe.

    you should keep the stampede 4x4, for smaller bash spots. they are great trucks. admittly I haven't really messed with any of my 10th scale stuff since getting the maxx. lol
    That is the smartest thing to do! Meet at a Police Station? I would just bring my Older brother along with the exchange. (He is training to be a Police Officer. Almost done.)
    If you ain't getting dirty, you ain't having fun.

  11. #11
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdopirak View Post
    So I bought my snap on xmaxx about a month ago and since than my stampede, rc8.2e and my slash ultimate project have not been touched. Also my son (6years old) no longer wants anything to do with his slash 4x4. He rips the xmaxx around the local rc track, construction sites and when we go hiking, I am super impressed about how well he does and he knows and respects that this thing is huge and it will hurt someone, Sooo I'm in process of selling his slash, my slash project and my rc8.2e. I don't think I have the heart to sell my stampede 4x4. To buy another xmaxx. But I'm not sure if I should buy an 6s and add power up kit or just buy another snap on edition. I only ever want to run on 6s. I may gear his down a lot to stick around the 20mph-25mph mark. Mine does 33mph 18/46 on 6s and that's plenty for are area of play.
    Sounds to me that you need to get him in some track competitions so he could put some trphies on the shelf!! I still look at mine and still proud of my acomplishments to this day!! Keep on rockin'!!!
    Sent from my AT&T flip phone using poke-and-squint

  12. #12
    Marshal Double G's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,526
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardMaster View Post
    Would've been easier for you to just post it here rather than make us go look for it. Dontcha just love sarcasm..............
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardMaster View Post
    Sorry this has hapened to you! I've seen and heard this from many others that this has happened to and we would wish that those who 'police' this site would be more considerate to send a PM to the offender stating what the problem was and why they lost their post, but for those who don't...... we understand. OH GOD!! Can't you just feel the power??
    It's not my responsibility to read the rules for you. It's yours. If you have a problem with the way the forum is moderated then take it to one of the moderators or administrator.

    Quote Originally Posted by w8liftn View Post
    Or let me know what rule I have violated after removing it as just common courtesy. There is a VERY long list of rules that I read, and I will read again, paragraph 5 in particular.

    A lot of people have helped me out in these forums which is why I offered it here for sale first. I own 6 X-Maxx's, 3 bought from LHS or new from Tower, not to mention all of the parts and stuff that I have bought direct from this site and other authorized distributors of Traxxas products. I also own 2 Spartans and I think that this is the first time I've felt negative towards Traxxas. So enjoy your super-ness, this will help me to curb my spending on Traxxas stuff.

    You guys are quick to warn for (imo) stupid stuff and tell us why we are so bad and give us a little tick next to our name. Seems like you would have enough time to explain or point to which particular rule that was violated at some point if you remove posts in the marketplace. Or not, just keep up the good work being outstanding representatives of the Traxxas name.

    I reposted the ad because I was not notified why or IF it was removed, not because I am trying to prove anything.
    You're right, a courtesy PM would have been nice and it wasn't done so go ahead and blame me since I deleted it. I hear complaints or get reports pretty consistently because someone didn't post a price, photos, selling something they shouldn't, language, et al. I have a life too and my position here is purely voluntary - no paycheck from Traxxas, no employee discounts; live on the other side of the country and in careers unrelated to RC. And I'm a customer as well.

    As mentioned above, feel free to contact a moderator or administrator if you feel that you've been wronged in any way. Airing the laundry for all to see is not the productive way to handle it. And as long as your ad meets the guidelines I have no issues with it.
    The Super Derecho

  13. #13
    RC Champion fourdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    Posts
    1,901
    father and son x-maxxes here...



    lots of fun
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

  14. #14
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    191
    I never sell anything to buy another. They all see use from time to time. My 7 year old loves his XMAXX but, even the xmaxx can loose it's luster and it is always nice to have a small scale to change it up.

  15. #15
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Cochranville PA
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardMaster View Post
    Sounds to me that you need to get him in some track competitions so he could put some trphies on the shelf!! I still look at mine and still proud of my acomplishments to this day!! Keep on rockin'!!!


    He wants to race I've been slowly building a rally/slash I made into an slash ultimate I have proline protrack kit to install than it's pretty much ready to race other than motor and esc. I will prob get him the new sensord 3800 castle creations with mamba x esc.
    Bash it,Break it,Fix it,Rinse And Repeat

  16. #16
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Cochranville PA
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaymullen View Post
    I never sell anything to buy another. They all see use from time to time. My 7 year old loves his XMAXX but, even the xmaxx can loose it's luster and it is always nice to have a small scale to change it up.
    Believe me if I had the room and I would not get rid of trucks,but I live in an small duplex with very little room. I have one shelf and a corner of the living room where I'm allowed to have are rc stuff. And the woman tends to get upset when more rc truck comes in but nothing out. Lol
    Bash it,Break it,Fix it,Rinse And Repeat

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •