Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    So far I got 20 entries into my snap on guy. Also you don't have to buy anything my rep just gives me a couple tickets a week. (Maybe because I'm an existing customer who spend money with him.

Fingers crossed cause I really want it.
    "Drive it like you stole it"

RC Enthusiast

here's mine next to my slash. i still can't get over how much fun it is. i'm waiting to get the 4s batteries though. i want to have some fun with it before. it'll make the 4s batteries more exciting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    I TRIED picking up one of the Snap Ons due to the random and unknown dates of the ver 2 release. Ended up making a deal with hobby shop to hold me over...lol...

I bought a ver 1 Xmaxx for 750.00 including all setup/labor and shipping. Its my first... couldn't wait with all the talk of unknown possible release dates for the ver 2. But I read enough to be worried about fire and temp on the ver 1. I think I did okay, as it came with partial 8s upgrade kit ---- just the upgraded TRAXXAS 8s ESC and fan plus full temperature module setup, just download the phone app and go....

I could not find anything on web about its AMPs on the TRAXXAS 8s ESC from the upgrade kit nor could my hobby shop - so if anyone knows... ?

I assume it is equal or greater than 160 AMPs, which is what the MAX6 was rated based upon what I found. Then he sold me a few batts (new of course) at 50% off and tested everything and it shipped today.

I assume it will run cooler on the 8s ESC with 6S batts, so i will not have the problems others had there with or without the fan nor should I have probs with 8s since it is properly rated and has the fan but just in case I have the temp module or temp telemetry that goes to phone (not sure what it is called).

It was there shop model. Has about a dozen runs on it. They had it running the MAX6 ESC, which I wanted to keep based upon what I have read in these forums,, BUT i had them switch it to the 8s Power KIt ESC (hope that was wise) so i new the telemetry for temp would work without any problems. I was being cautious, hopefully it was wise as i read great stuff about the Max6 and nothing on the upgraded 8s TRAXXAS ESC.

Then I put the new Ver 2 (Red) on hold. FULL STOP.....LOL...He had four of them on pre-order with his rep and two were already on hold. As of yesterday, his rep is saying delivery for his pre-order of the ver 2 will be late Feb possibly into March.
    ERevo, Revo, Smaxx, XMaxx 6s-8s, 3 Revenges, Jato

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by amazonk1113r View Post
    I TRIED picking up one of the Snap Ons due to the random and unknown dates of the ver 2 release. Ended up making a deal with hobby shop to hold me over...lol...

I bought a ver 1 Xmaxx for 750.00 including all setup/labor and shipping. Its my first... couldn't wait with all the talk of unknown possible release dates for the ver 2. But I read enough to be worried about fire and temp on the ver 1. I think I did okay, as it came with partial 8s upgrade kit ---- just the upgraded TRAXXAS 8s ESC and fan plus full temperature module setup, just download the phone app and go....

I could not find anything on web about its AMPs on the TRAXXAS 8s ESC from the upgrade kit nor could my hobby shop - so if anyone knows... ?

I assume it is equal or greater than 160 AMPs, which is what the MAX6 was rated based upon what I found. Then he sold me a few batts (new of course) at 50% off and tested everything and it shipped today.

I assume it will run cooler on the 8s ESC with 6S batts, so i will not have the problems others had there with or without the fan nor should I have probs with 8s since it is properly rated and has the fan but just in case I have the temp module or temp telemetry that goes to phone (not sure what it is called).

It was there shop model. Has about a dozen runs on it. They had it running the MAX6 ESC, which I wanted to keep based upon what I have read in these forums,, BUT i had them switch it to the 8s Power KIt ESC (hope that was wise) so i new the telemetry for temp would work without any problems. I was being cautious, hopefully it was wise as i read great stuff about the Max6 and nothing on the upgraded 8s TRAXXAS ESC.

Then I put the new Ver 2 (Red) on hold. FULL STOP.....LOL...He had four of them on pre-order with his rep and two were already on hold. As of yesterday, his rep is saying delivery for his pre-order of the ver 2 will be late Feb possibly into March.
    I think you did alright with the deal you got. With the fan and 8s esc you could safely gear up if you wanted more speed. If you want to run in 8s though, I would think about upgrading the drivetrain components because I doubt the stock components would last long with the extra power.

Also, if anyone who got a snap on edition x maxx can help me get one, I would appreciate that. My local snap on guy doesn't have any and won't be getting them.

RC Competitor
    @Sparton do you want the SnapOn edition because it's the SnapOn edition or do you just want the new 8S V2 really bad? At this point, you're probably gonna have to wait until the end of the month.
    He who dies with the most toys, wins.

RC poster
    @0dark3rt At first I wanted the 8s v2 pretty bad but then I saw the snapon edition and now I just have to have that one.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoSavage View Post

here's mine next to my slash. i still can't get over how much fun it is. i'm waiting to get the 4s batteries though. i want to have some fun with it before. it'll make the 4s batteries more exciting

thats bad , cant wait to get mine !

*Language such as that is not allowed here per the rules*
    Last edited by Double G; 02-07-2017 at 04:29 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    there are 2 snap on edition on ebay going for 2k obo yikes

RC poster
    Red one sold 48 hours ago for 1,375.00 on Ebay. I was watching it for 3 days to bid but went with plan B as i assumed if i jumped in it would run it up to around 1500.00 and as bad as i wanted it, well that is some moolah!

RC Competitor
    Ive got 21 entries. Sure would like to have it!

RC poster

New X-Maxx 8S - Snap-On Edition

Hello guys and gals this is my first post new to the board here and honestly new to rc anything I just got the snap on edition 8s red a week ago and it took me a week to open it up as I wasn't sure I wanted it.......well my experience with rc cars is limited to a clod butter I had when younger and it didn't last a day before I destroyed it......I charged this monster up set it on trainer mode and it flat out scared the spit out of me!!!!! It's insane not sure I understand any of the technical terms used or where to get parts and what would be a good idea to do to it first. Thank you in advance
    Last edited by Goldenz; 02-08-2017 at 11:19 PM.

RC Racer
    Just drive it and have fun. Parts are easy to find online. Dollarhobbyz.com is a great place to get factory replacement parts about cheaper than anywhere else. Other than that try to find a local hobby shop. Might be more expensive than online but supporting local buisiness is worth it. Good luck with your new truck. I hope you really enjoy it! ��������
    If it still moves, it aint broke enough!

RC poster
    I kept my old local hobby shop in business back in the day and they were good at what they did. I moved last year and picked the hobby back up this year because of he Xmaxx. The big box HS where I am now, is dense.

I showed up late Jan and called on Feb 3rd and both times two different people did not even know there was a new Xmaxx. So, I purchased from Richard at Dollarhobbyz.com. He took great care of me. Felt like i was in the store not like i was buying online. He emailed and texted me and added tools at no charge and really took care of my order. have fun GoldenZ, you will be amazed at how may parts are out there and amount of time and mods you can do and still growing. Best truck i ever owned by far.

RC poster
    i got 2 red and white snap on 8s from my snap on guy and for all the people saying the price is outrageous my snapon guy took care of me paid 900 for one with no batteries and 100 for the 2nd one with batteries i know the batteries are not the best but do the math its basically the same from a lhs

RC Qualifier
    Wow 100$ for an xmaxx what a deal!!!? He might as well have just gave it to you for free haha
    V1 BL5/2028, V2 max6/5882, Erevo, Summit, Rustler.

RC Racer
    I got one, guess I got a boat too. I'm not a snap on fan.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    de oppresso liber

RC Qualifier
    That's sweet man!!! The boat is gonna be sick
    V1 BL5/2028, V2 max6/5882, Erevo, Summit, Rustler.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by w8liftn View Post
    I would guess that he's a Snap-On franchisee because from the way it was explained to me was that every Snap-On Independent Franchisee (salesperson that goes from mechanic to mechanic selling Snap-On tools) was allowed to purchase up to two of the new X-Maxx's to promote them as a giveaway to help sell more tools (minimum purchase was necessary - $109 was the cheapest entry that she had for a 3/8 inch ratchett. The good news about that is that (from what I understand) there are hundreds, if not thousands, of these going to be given away at the end of the promotion....in MARCH though.

Like I said earlier, I tried to bribe her and she said that doing so was a HUGE no-no and would jeopardize her business. Anyone that has one of these is most likely a Snap-On salesperson/dealer that has purchased it for the sole purpose of giving it away in their contest. From what she said I think the other post was from someone that is showing off a bit (understandably) but can't actually use the truck. Just like the girl I talked to, she purchased two, but they are for display only until the giveaway date which was something like March 12.
    Buy it there are a couple on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Snap-On-Limi...sAAOSwTuJYnhnI

RC poster
    I got a black one on Monday and a red one last Monday, payed $1000 Canadian each, my Snap-On guy showed me his invoice from Snap-On, he pays $975 for them so hes not making much on them. He also told me he can order as many as he wants, and hes not participating in the give away.

Hes supposed to have a boat for me in a couple weeks too.

I have Snap-On part numbers for the Black truck and the boat if anyone wants them.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by biffedit View Post
    I got a black one on Monday and a red one last Monday, payed $1000 Canadian each, my Snap-On guy showed me his invoice from Snap-On, he pays $975 for them so hes not making much on them. He also told me he can order as many as he wants, and hes not participating in the give away.

Hes supposed to have a boat for me in a couple weeks too.

I have Snap-On part numbers for the Black truck and the boat if anyone wants them.
    Hey can you get me the part # for the black boat? My rep said he would order me a boat today but said no promises. He wasn't sure about availability. He didn't say anything about colors though. Thanks!

RC poster
    My guy said he thinks there is only 1 color for the boat, I asked him yesterday.

RC Enthusiast
    I ordered a black one today. My tool guy said $1100 was the best he could do. I'm ok with it since it has batteries and charger. I'm planning on stealing some parts from it and letting my kids run it.

RC poster

Think you could send me the snap on black xmaxx part number?

Quote Originally Posted by biffedit View Post
    My guy said he thinks there is only 1 color for the boat, I asked him yesterday.
    I am in Texas but if I have the part number I should be able to make some head way.

Thanks so much in advance!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewayz View Post
    I am in Texas but if I have the part number I should be able to make some head way.

Thanks so much in advance!!
    I've had a Spartan for years, you will love it! Only thing cooler is the X-Maxx.

RC poster

I won one

I won one ill post pics tuesday when i get it

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilrider5616 View Post
    I won one ill post pics tuesday when i get it
    congrats ! is it the red or the black body ? Your going to love it.

RC Enthusiast
    i've had mine for maybe a month now and i still can't believe how awesome it is. i used the 3s batteries it came with for a couple weeks then got the 4s one with the charger. unreal! i convinced a guy on ebay to sell me a brand new black body off a complete truck he had listed. so black is for show and red for use

RC poster
    I just found this forum while lookin for info on the R/C I found out that I won today! Kinda figured it sounded like a good one but sounds like its a whole mess better than I thought it would be. I think its the red one but will findout in a day or two. Ive wanted to get into some R/C for a long time but really couldn't justify the cost of what I liked. Guess that problem is solved!

RC poster
    So i just won this thing. Dont know anything about rc cars or trucks, im a drone kinda guy. What do yiu guys think this is worth brand new. Im looking to sell it to put money towards my new dji mavic pro. Thanks for any insight guys

Quote Originally Posted by Purpstech View Post
    So i just won this thing. Dont know anything about rc cars or trucks, im a drone kinda guy. What do yiu guys think this is worth brand new. Im looking to sell it to put money towards my new dji mavic pro. Thanks for any insight guys
    PM Sent, check your Inbox.

RC poster
    What are one of these things worth? I have just won a Snap-on Edition one in their promotion. It's not my thing.

Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenwillard View Post
    What are one of these things worth? I have just won a Snap-on Edition one in their promotion. It's not my thing.
    900-1100$ brand new on ebay
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC poster
    for a black one? or the other color too? Am I allowed to sell on here?

New X-Maxx 8S - Snap-On Edition

All sales must be posted in the Market Place subforum and must meet the posting rules found in the sticky there.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    thank you very much :-)

RC poster
    Got mine today. Won it in the drawing.

RC Racer
    Lucky! I have a guy that lives on our street who works for snap on with his own truck. Is that how you entered that drawing Mick?
    Traxxas E-Revo,Traxxas Rustler VXL,Traxxas T-Maxx

RC Qualifier
    A snap-on driver said the Xmaxx raffle ended 3/3/17
    the boat raffle ends soon
    fabricator

RC poster
    My SnapOn driver showed up unexpectedly today and dropped off my winnings.

Last edited by Double G; 03-08-2017 at 08:47 PM. Reason: content

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    All sales must be posted in the Market Place subforum and must meet the posting rules found in the sticky there.
    I have had to remove quite a few posts. As quoted, ALL sales must be posted in the Market Place. This is not the subforum to do so.
    The Super Derecho

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast