RC poster

slayer pro or Jato?

Hi,
    I have a revo 2.5r from 2004 that recently I've been using more regularly.
    I also own a 1/16 revo vxl that is good fun but with the limits of being a smaller scale compared to 1/10 revo.

I'm deciding to get a new rc and for some time I've been attracted by the slayer, I don't want to convert my revo but keep it as it is.
    I tried the jato from a friend and definitely liked the sharp handling, and how responsive it feels....

I will never race but only bash off road and paved streets.
    i know slayer and Jato will perform very different, I'm more inclined to slayer with more real looks and 4wd.

is there any chance traxxas will be selling kits of this two so I can get both with less initial investment?

Kits? No as they are in the RTR business.

Two different animals: 4wd vs 2wd. You can make the Jato into off-road or leave it as a screamer on-road. Just depends on what you are really going to do with it. You already have a Revo so going with a Slayer means you can share parts between the two whereas with the Jato you would need to have a larger box to store spares.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Thanks,
    I think I'll go with slayer , 4wd really makes all the difference for me..

I have a brand new OS 21TM still in the box.
    In terms of fun factor, what would make more sense? Put the os engine on Revo or on slayer?

Revo and with a THS pipe (both of which I have). After Slayer break-in put a Losi 3.4 carb on the Traxxas engine and also install a THS pipe.
    The Super Derecho

Since I own both the Jato and the Slayer Pro, I would recommend the Slayer. The 4wd makes it easier to drive. The Jato is wicked fast, and it's fun to drive, but you need a lot of open room to run it well. With it's low chassis design it struggles when the off road gets rough, like in grass or rough dirt. It can go off road, but the Slayer does it better. However, on a flat open area the Jato is more fun to drive, since the Slayer can be a bit top heavy. The sway bar kit helps with that though. Both are great trucks however.

Either way, I would do what Double G said, and get the Losi 3.4 carb. It really wakes the TRX 3.3 up, and it's worth every cent. Easier to tune, more power, quicker response, etc.
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 01-30-2017 at 12:53 PM.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!