RC poster

Using two battery packs at once in 1/16 Summit

I have fried one of my batteries before after installing it into my 1/16 Summit. I bought it off ebay so maybe it was just a bad batter. I'm using a parallel joint connector. I just bought two new batteries and want to make sure it does not happen again. Cant figure out how to post pics on here. My batteries are: Bias LiPo 2000mah 20c 7.4v 2-cell. I had to replace my chassis. Ive read that a series connector can be bad if you dont run it at high speeds and go slow.
    Last edited by TrevorSingleton; 01-28-2017 at 02:09 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Pictures dont work
    Have Fun and Drive Recklessly

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorSingleton View Post
    I have fried one of my batteries before after installing it into my 1/16 Summit. I bought it off ebay so maybe it was just a bad batter. I'm using a parallel joint connector. I just bought two new batteries and want to make sure it does not happen again. Cant figure out how to post pics on here. My batteries are: Bias LiPo 2000mah 20c 7.4v 2-cell. I had to replace my chassis. Ive read that a series connector can be bad if you dont run it at high speeds and go slow.
    There is no problem running slow or fast with a parallel or series connector. Unless it was damaged or built wrong, a parallel or series connector cannot damage your battery. A parallel connector is actualy easier on your batteries than running a single pack, because both batteries share the load, each taking half...
    Dacaur

RC Competitor
    Keeping your batteries balanced to each other could help them live longer.
    Some time ago I made a balance adapter that would charge both batteries at once and balance as one 4 cell battery.

Photo hosting cred to RCGroups.com