RC poster

Question Antenna Problem! My antenna broke... Any help?

I know it might not be much, but I snapped the antenna and I'm not sure what to do... Thanks guys!!

RC Qualifier
    Antenna on what? The receiver or transmitter?
    Have Fun and Drive Recklessly

RC poster
    receiver, any changes needed tho? Snapped right at the alloy/metal part where the wire meets the metal

RC Qualifier

Unhappy

Dead. When the antenna breaks anywhere on the receiver it drastically shortens the signal length. You can't replace it either.
    Have Fun and Drive Recklessly

RC Champion
    Contact traxxas. The metal part IS the antenna, the wire is just a cable to get the antenna away from the receiver.
    Dacaur

RC Enthusiast
    Does it still work?

I am pretty sure I did the same thing and stuck it back in a glued it, it still worked as long as the metal was touching. The glue broke so it was wiggly again, but I am certain I still got a good 50ft or 100ft of range and I still used it regularly.

I am starting now to lose range but I think it is because the antenna on the truck has been worn down flush to the body from rolling it and its loses signal at about 30ft I would say approx. I have a AM FlySky receiver and controller on order now because of good reviews and ultra low cost in comparison.

RC Champion
    The antenna is coax, meaning it's got a wire inside a wire, kink it, or disconnect or short either, and you lose range. Best bet is to replace it.
    Dacaur

RC Competitor
    The wire is a coax cable as stated above. If you have enough wire left you can strip the outer part of the coax cable removing 31.25mm exactly - leaving the inner conductor and its insulation exposed. Stuff it back in the plastic tube and there we go. Done this on my boys trucks several times. Worked like a champ.