Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Qualifier

YES! New Rally :)

Ok, so it's not brushless, but at least there is still hope for a rally car class!
    Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Pick 2.

RC Racer
    I want it..traxxas sometimes comes out with some great products this is one of them.hope they have a race class

I have a rally VXL so maybe I should buy the tires and body then I will have a blushless one.
    SLAM!
    "That Tree jumped right in front of me"

RC Racer
    Is it the same size (L,W,H) as the old 1/10 Rally?

RC Racer
    I have been wanting a rally lately too. But I just finished my first slash and haven't even been able to run that yet. I love the build process, I'm thinking about getting a used LCG slash and converting to a rally from there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    It is the same dimensions as the first rally, just a different body and a brushed system instead of brushless. Price point is lower, so maybe this will bring sales up? A group of people being able to experience the fun of racing in a park or parking lot for a fairly low cost will hopefully bring more people into the hobby. It would be great if Traxxas sponsored some rally racing.
    Last edited by badaml; 02-02-2017 at 01:00 AM.

Super excited they came out with this and the new body with black wheels...... just need a new body and bring back the rally to life.... been running as a slash lately... time for a change!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Super bummed with this release. I hate paying extra for licensed bodies I don't want.

Quote Originally Posted by . . . . . . . . . . View Post
    Super bummed with this release. I hate paying extra for licensed bodies I don't want.
    It is not possible to make one single vehicle that will appeal to everyone. Therefore I give the following simple answer: Then don't buy.
    The Super Derecho

Looks pretty nice!
    "Gone racing"

Just wanted to toss out there that this Rally is a bit narrower than the 1/10 Rally VXL. It's a more true-to-scale appearance. If you want to run this body on your existing 1/10 Rally VXL you'll need the shorter arms, drive shafts, etc.
    Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.

Track is -16mm and length is -17mm vs 1/10 Rally VXL per published specs. I need to research the source of the difference in length.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = ░

RC Qualifier
    Looks pretty sweet! Want that body for sure!
    IG: @818sFastestRC
    Slash 4x4 138MPH

RC Racer
    What's with the new Ford Festiva Rally? 1/10 4x4. I wonder what chassis that is? Is it it's own 4wd system or a Slash or E Revo type?I have brushless motor/ESC waiting as long as the drive system can hold. Otherwise I will stay with my Slash and E Revo. Would be nice for the fun of it though.

RC Racer
    Just got an email for a new Traxxas on road car all wd! Now, the Rally or GT 40? I like them both.

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Track is -16mm and length is -17mm vs 1/10 Rally VXL per published specs. I need to research the source of the difference in length.
    Ouch. I was hoping for a direct replacement.
    Xmaxx, Rally, Slash 4X4, Summit 1/16

RC Qualifier
    Just my opinion of course, but it would be very different for Traxxas to make different arms for a slightly different car. I would be willing to bet any difference in specs is attributable to the body.

Quote Originally Posted by badaml View Post
    Just my opinion of course, but it would be very different for Traxxas to make different arms for a slightly different car. I would be willing to bet any difference in specs is attributable to the body.
    You are entitled, but I think it interesting that it is not the "width" that is listed in the specs, but the front and rear "track."

I think this is one that I will be buying when available, (and possibly the new 4tec 2.0).

One thing I would like Traxxas to do is something similar to the computer market. Let us custom build our cars. Start with the basic car and then let us add the options we want. ie; add in brushless system, aluminum hop ups, shocks, etc...

But from what I understand, they have the cars built overseas, so this may not be an option...
    Traxxas Rally VXL
    Traxxas Rustler 4x4

You are correct, they are made in Taiwan.

Someone else brought up the option to custom build but the market for that would be much smaller than the RTR.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    You are entitled, but I think it interesting that it is not the "width" that is listed in the specs, but the front and rear "track."
    Yes, you are correct. I have noticed though, that published specs are not completely accurate. The lcg slash and older rally are the same, yet not all specs are identical. I guess a different offset wheel could also account for the difference in track width.

I also noticed the adjustable turnbuckles have been replaced. Are the telluride arms shorter than the slash?
    Last edited by badaml; 02-03-2017 at 10:32 PM.

Yes Telluride arms are shorter than Slash 4x4 arms.

Quote Originally Posted by TireSlinger View Post
    Just wanted to toss out there that this Rally is a bit narrower than the 1/10 Rally VXL. It's a more true-to-scale appearance. If you want to run this body on your existing 1/10 Rally VXL you'll need the shorter arms, drive shafts, etc.
    Talked to traxxas yesterday and its the same platform as the old rally. So the new body with fit the old rally.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mdschmidt90 View Post
    Talked to traxxas yesterday and its the same platform as the old rally. So the new body with fit the old rally.

All speculation on my part of course, but it appears to be the old rally with a brushed system, and the Telluride arms and camber links. Doesn't really matter of course, I am happy that a Rally is being sold and still have hopes of seeing RC Rally racing lol.

RC Qualifier
    it says it uses Revo differentials. i thought the rally was basically a 4x4 slash with a different body and shocks. i'm probably wrong thought... This kind of looks like it has slight improvements like the diffs, but it also looks like the tie-rods are plastic. lots of cool new TRX stuff coming out, i wonder if they might update the slash models...

RC Enthusiast
    Well, I came on here to complain that I had bought the so called "Car of the Year" only to find it discontinued less then 2 years later. Now it looks like it might be coming back in brushed.

I came here to find out how to make it a truck or a different type of car. I am still a beginner and do not know how to shop for after market parts. I switched out a few parts with help from a local shop, but they are so much more costly there. I switched differential, sway bars and drive shaft(?).

My son wants a solid gloss black body with black wheels. Besides another rally body or slash truck body, do I have any other choices without changing too many parts?
    Blue Traxxas Rally 1/10 4x4
    1st ever RC

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by landonspop View Post
    Well, I came on here to complain that I had bought the so called "Car of the Year" only to find it discontinued less then 2 years later. Now it looks like it might be coming back in brushed.

I came here to find out how to make it a truck or a different type of car. I am still a beginner and do not know how to shop for after market parts. I switched out a few parts with help from a local shop, but they are so much more costly there. I switched differential, sway bars and drive shaft(?).

My son wants a solid gloss black body with black wheels. Besides another rally body or slash truck body, do I have any other choices without changing too many parts?
    Send me a pm with a number if you want some help. I am just outside Kerrville.

RC Enthusiast
    sent number
    Blue Traxxas Rally 1/10 4x4
    1st ever RC

PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    Just looking at that new Lexan coat makes me happy. My old Rally is getting those new clothes!
    Obstacle Magnet

yeah that fiesta body looks great.
    SLAM!
    "That Tree jumped right in front of me"

RC Qualifier
    I may need one to match my 1:1 Fiesta ST

Traxxas please sell kits!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by badaml View Post
    It is the same dimensions as the first rally, just a different body and a brushed system instead of brushless. Price point is lower, so maybe this will bring sales up? A group of people being able to experience the fun of racing in a park or parking lot for a fairly low cost will hopefully bring more people into the hobby. It would be great if Traxxas sponsored some rally racing.
    Not true. Arms are shorter, links are plastic, and it appiers to have a plastic center shaft.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Qualifier
    i just took a second look at the specs... That does look like a PLASTIC center drive shaft. it also says 48p gears!?!?
    this kinda seems like a toned down version on the original rally. i'm also a little fearful of the new gear meshing system they are putting "Single-screw motor access makes gear-mesh adjustments fast and easy " i'm still sold on the gt-40...

RC Qualifier
    Edited since I am here to discuss and promote the rally car.
    Last edited by badaml; 03-16-2017 at 08:39 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Wonder why no brushless option
    Stampede 4x4/Slash 4x4/Xmaxx/Alias/GT

RC Qualifier
    So that's where all the good stuff comes from! HA! Finally! (secretly rubs hands together with an evil laugh).
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    You are correct, they are made in Taiwan.

Someone else brought up the option to custom build but the market for that would be much smaller than the RTR.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SL4SHGT8BASHER View Post
    i just took a second look at the specs... That does look like a PLASTIC center drive shaft. it also says 48p gears!?!?
    this kinda seems like a toned down version on the original rally. i'm also a little fearful of the new gear meshing system they are putting "Single-screw motor access makes gear-mesh adjustments fast and easy " i'm still sold on the gt-40...
    That's the way the original rally and slash 4x4 adjust there mesh? Its basically got the clutch out of the telluride.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by SL4SHGT8BASHER View Post
    it says it uses Revo differentials. i thought the rally was basically a 4x4 slash with a different body and shocks. i'm probably wrong thought... This kind of looks like it has slight improvements like the diffs, but it also looks like the tie-rods are plastic. lots of cool new TRX stuff coming out, i wonder if they might update the slash models...
    I thought this was true as well, anyone know the answer?
    Pede Xmaxx Merv 1/18 Rally Blast Spartan M41 Aton

RC poster
    I'm new here and in the market for a couple of new Traxxas purchases. Father of 3 boys, they've recently gotten really interested in racing our Stampede against a friend and his dad which have a slash and rustler. I think we will buy one of each of those as well but am thinking about the Rally if it comes in a 2 wheel drive option. In the end we'd have 2 slashes, 2 rustlers a stampede and a rally all on track at the same time which will give nice variety. We race on varied tracks that we make so each car will have an advantage depending on the track.

When is the release date of the Rally in the USA?

RC Enthusiast
    Hey guys new here and I just bought the Brian deagan rally car. My intensions are to run at my local outside clay oval in a nastruck class
    .4x4. I no one of the other racers says he has the rally and I compared mine to his. Mine is more narrow and the front end is super light. I want to improve traction witch it has hardly none input would be great...Can I put 4x4 arms and axles to extend to make wider ???? Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast