Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Enthusiast
    Meaning slash 4x4 or stampede 4x4 ????
    Sometimes you have to turn right to go left !!

PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovaldirtracer View Post
    ... one of the other racers says he has the rally and I compared mine to his. Mine is more narrow and the front end is super light. I want to improve traction witch it has hardly none input would be great...Can I put 4x4 arms and axles to extend to make wider ???? Thanks.
    I don't see why not.
    Obstacle Magnet

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovaldirtracer View Post
    Hey guys new here and I just bought the Brian deagan rally car. My intensions are to run at my local outside clay oval in a nastruck class
    .4x4. I no one of the other racers says he has the rally and I compared mine to his. Mine is more narrow and the front end is super light. I want to improve traction witch it has hardly none input would be great...Can I put 4x4 arms and axles to extend to make wider ???? Thanks.
    Not without getting adjustable turnbuckles. The plastic buckles that come on the DEEGAN won't allow for the longer arms.

RC poster
    Does anybody know which Traxxas brand adjustable turnbuckles are needed to replace the stock plastic links included in the Deegan kit?

And also - Is it possible to replace the stock plastic drive shaft with the blue hollow metal tube? If so what parts are needed?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

RC poster
    So I did some research on the adjustable turnbuckles. To replace the stock turnbuckles (3139) you will need (3745). To replace the stock plastic camber links (6743) you will need (2443) and (2445). You will also need some 3x15mm button head screws (2579). This will replace the stock pieces on the Deegan with the beefier adjustable turnbuckles like those found stock on the original Rally VXL. The accessories list does show the blue aluminum replacement for the stock turnbuckles (3139A), but there are no other blue aluminum turnbuckles available in the lengths needed for the Deegan - so you would not be able to have a matching blue aluminum (or red) set. So I just plan on going for the regular silver ones mentioned above.

As far as the driveshaft is concerned - I'm not positive, because I haven't tried it yet, but I think you can just use the blue aluminum drive shaft from the original Rally VXL or Slash 4x4 (6855). And you will need a drive hub (6888) or (6888X) for the front.

I should have my Deegan out of the box and running by 4th of July weekend - so I'll give another update when I actually get everything hammered out!

PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    Best of luck with your mods jdob and happy 4th!
    Obstacle Magnet

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by jvogel View Post
    Best of luck with your mods jdob and happy 4th!
    Thanks man! I appreciate it!

RC Racer
    Jdob ur right on the parts for the middle shaft I have the aluminum shaft on mine.i just need rear adjustable turnbuckles.best mod I did so far was the swaybars.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Albie72 View Post
    Jdob ur right on the parts for the middle shaft I have the aluminum shaft on mine.i just need rear adjustable turnbuckles.best mod I did so far was the swaybars.
    Awesome! Thanks man!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12