Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Holy cow! Traxxas finally made a metal gear servo! Wonder what the specs are on that.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    Holy cow! Traxxas finally made a metal gear servo! Wonder what the specs are on that.
    For a typical scaler like the SCX10 and Ascender, 200oz+ is needed. This guy is a bit bigger, so hopefully it is 300oz+.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Portal axles, forward motor,cms.if it's got good steering..... man I will need one
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    Holy crap i even more exited now!!! Now they just need to make a kit version like axial does where i can choose my own electronics and get to build it myself. With the benifit of some nice upgraded parts!
    If it still moves, it aint broke enough!

RC Competitor
    Wow thats scale!

But i wont a "Tibus" driver too!
    Last edited by bachkrabbler; 02-12-2017 at 04:08 AM.

Jes thinkin, thats a heck of a lot of new innovations for a single truck. The summit was really just the erevo with a few (really good) changes. But it still came from the stock erevo mold (literally ). Not only is this new crawler a COMPLETELY new vehicle (new chassis mold, new top) but the unique bits and pieces are plenty (axles, diffs, 2 speed tranny, metal geared servo).

This thing is gonna hit us like the XO-1 or the XMaxx
    I'm thinkin originally $649 eventually coming down to $599

the stampede 4x4. Is of similiar shape, also has 4x4, but its only amazing feature is its vxl system. With its borrowed chassis,borrowed wheels, and borrowed /shared top and components its still sells currently for $479

What do you think thie COMPLETELY NEW and original molded truck will sell for?
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

Jes thikin. It's customary of traxxas to produce a base standard truck (stampede) for the masses and months later produce the upgraded version (stampede vxl) for the speed crazies and the rich folks, they may do the same here.

True crawlers wouldnt view a vxl (speed) system as an upgrade so Im thinkin Traxxas will knock off some of the good features (diffs, lights, 2 speed, metal servo ?) to sell the original at a lower price point. (Rover 1).

Then sell the complete truck months later with all the bells and whistles once the original proves itself with good sales (Rover X-treme). At the higher price of course.
    Last edited by noir 522; 02-12-2017 at 09:35 AM.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.

if this truck costs $600, axial wins plain and simple. of course these will sell at that price, but it will be really hard for noobs and vets alike to choose this over the scx10. this needs to cost at or around the same as the scx10. if it's possible for traxxas to price it lower than the scx10 then axial will have a hard road ahead of them.

and i hate to keep beating the summit argument. but if a newbie is at the shop looking at a summit and this truck side by side and asks, why does the little one cost more than the big one? what's the answer? "the body looks more real and it has solid axles."
    youtube: rizzodtheRCvlogger

Quote Originally Posted by rizz0d View Post
    if this truck costs $600, axial wins plain and simple. of course these will sell at that price, but it will be really hard for noobs and vets alike to choose this over the scx10. this needs to cost at or around the same as the scx10. if it's possible for traxxas to price it lower than the scx10 then axial will have a hard road ahead of them.

and i hate to keep beating the summit argument. but if a newbie is at the shop looking at a summit and this truck side by side and asks, why does the little one cost more than the big one? what's the answer? "the body looks more real and it has solid axles."

I agree but the Stampede 4x4 vxl with all its off the shelf/ borrowed/shared components is going for $479.
    Are we to dream that this completely new and and much more complex and component filled truck is gonna sell for a mere $30 more? I can wish but I believe in reality.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.

yeah. i feel differently about the stampede vxl because it has a brushless power system. if this scaler had a trail rated brushless system in it i could see it in the $5-600 range.

and i'm not big on the 'new molds' argument. it would be like a 4tec 2.0 control arm hypothetically costing $16 vs an x-maxx control arm costing $8 simply because the 4tec arm had to have a new mold made. i couldn't imagine paying $16 for a tiny 4tec arm and seeing a huge xmaxx arm that's triple the size for half the price.

any way. i agree that i'm wishing in one hand and you know what'ing in the other.
    youtube: rizzodtheRCvlogger

I understand you are pouring your opinions and your wishes into your posts, but I think you are getting too hung up on personal preferences and on size. I think there is a large untapped well of people who would walk right by the Summit and straight to a model that looks less like a cartoon of a truck.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

The translation is that's its a1/8 th scale, and next to the slash believable. That is a new market if I see correctly even with 2.2 tires wb Will be longer than 12.5" closer to 14?

Hang up and Drive
    HANG UP AND DRIVE!
    Slash 2wd 4x4
    PRO MT Yeti 4x4

Impressive. Great details and look real. Lights are big bonus! Love it!!! I am going to buy it!!!!!!!!!!!

RC Racer
    Where did you get the pics ? Where can I get more info on it?
    Traxxas UDR Fox Edition, TRX4, Slash 4x4.

Quote Originally Posted by Rcgeorge View Post
    Where did you get the pics ? Where can I get more info on it?
    The pics are from the Nuremberg Toys Fair, and if the signage is correct, were not supposed to be shot. I think there is a little more info on this truck on the thread that is in the Alley, but really what you see is what we really know.

MAN, Use Common Sense.

Quote Originally Posted by noir 522 View Post
    OOPS, March 1, 2018
    MAN, Use Common Sense.

RC Qualifier
    The ad says its not available till march 1, 2018. Plus couldn't see how the body would be available if the truck hasn't been realsed yet too, lol.

Please note, from the ad:
    "The Traxxas 1/10 Scale Crawler is shaking things up in the scaler market! At this point, everything we know about this truck is pure speculation based on spy shot pics - and we like what we see!" and
    "NOTE: Information at this time is limited, and purely speculation. We will update the product page when Traxxas gives us information, pricing and an arrival date."
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

we have to guess stuff for a year.
    SLAM!
    "That Tree jumped right in front of me"

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Almost time 😊. Anybody know if batteries will be included? Or have some well informed speculation?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mwe-maxxowner; 04-30-2017 at 06:04 AM.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

No , not any more!
    https://m.traxxas.com/news/new-produ...from%20Traxxas

Hang up and Drive
    HANG UP AND DRIVE!
    Slash 2wd 4x4
    PRO MT Yeti 4x4

It is entirely possible that I missed it, but I don't see anything in there about batteries?

I will read through again later.

RC poster
    I've seen it, I've heard good thing about it. Since it's not out yet, all I have seen are pictures. Yes it has cool details, but based on the high center gravity chassis and flex, I would say it's more show than trailing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm stoked about the remote lockers and the two speed. Any shortcomings over that I'm sure I can remedy 😊. I don't see that the cog is any higher than the competition based on the pictures. The body looks to be heavy but that's easy to remove 😂. I think a little front wheel weight and I'd be good to go!

Those of you with scx10's and similar, what are they like at speed? Minor jumps and such also. I don't mean 50+ like all my other vehicles. I mean like 25-30.

Crawlers don't go near that fast.
    Rock bouncers are a different beast. This marketed as a scaler, speeds below 10 are the norm

Hang up and Drive
    HANG UP AND DRIVE!
    Slash 2wd 4x4
    PRO MT Yeti 4x4

But with a two speed it should be faster in high. Think crawler in low/locked, rock bouncer jumping faster shenanigans along the trail in high unlocked. That is my vision.

So. Those with a straight axle vehicle like an scx10. Or a bomber or a wraith. How are they when running in the 20s?

It's what I built my telly and a slash to do, but with only one speed and no remote locking I had to make some compromises.

Last edited by mwe-maxxowner; 05-02-2017 at 10:02 AM.

I have both a yeti and wraith. The yeti has a two speed, I'm running a tekin 4x4HD and the only thing the two speed is really good for is fast wheelspeed, when you need to clear something.

My wraith is about the same but set for crawling, flex and soft springs , high CG for clearance stops speed endeavors .
    The Rock Rey does pretty well at speed if you swap foams out.

I'm waiting until next week when my LHS gets the sample.

Hang up and Drive
    HANG UP AND DRIVE!
    Slash 2wd 4x4
    PRO MT Yeti 4x4

I have an assortment of tires to try. I have some g8 swampers with the memory foam that are scalloped for more crawl specific play, then some other tires that crawl decently but aren't SO soft and sticky. I should be able to find a good medium tire wise. I've just never driven an RC that's straight axle with this sort of suspension. With a two speed and lockers I imagine I'll be able to make it what I want. It'd be nice if I don't have to do much though. I have a gen 1 tekin 1700 kV buggy motor that may find it's way in here. I also have a 2000ish kV (can't remember exactly) leopard sensored motor that is 550 can 1/10 scale that may be better suited. As it's smaller and lighter.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by noir 522 View Post
    Jes thinkin, thats a heck of a lot of new innovations for a single truck. The summit was really just the erevo with a few (really good) changes. But it still came from the stock erevo mold (literally ). Not only is this new crawler a COMPLETELY new vehicle (new chassis mold, new top) but the unique bits and pieces are plenty (axles, diffs, 2 speed tranny, metal geared servo).

This thing is gonna hit us like the XO-1 or the XMaxx
    I'm thinkin originally $649 eventually coming down to $599

the stampede 4x4. Is of similiar shape, also has 4x4, but its only amazing feature is its vxl system. With its borrowed chassis,borrowed wheels, and borrowed /shared top and components its still sells currently for $479

What do you think thie COMPLETELY NEW and original molded truck will sell for?

This truck should sell less than the axial scale crawlers. Traxxas is new to the scale world and doesn't have the right or the track record to sell for the same price. Traxxas is a no name brand when it comes to scale trucks. This is an1/10 truck and should not cost as much as an1/6 scale brushless xmaxx. I hope traxxas doesn't take your comment seriously about what YOU think this truck should sell for cause axial, vaterra and trail finder wins if the unknown traxxas scale truck sells for more than those big names in the crawling scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashmaxxsummit View Post
    This truck should sell less than the axial scale crawlers. Traxxas is new to the scale world and doesn't have the right or the track record to sell for the same price. Traxxas is a no name brand when it comes to scale trucks. This is an1/10 truck and should not cost as much as an1/6 scale brushless xmaxx. I hope traxxas doesn't take your comment seriously about what YOU think this truck should sell for cause axial, vaterra and trail finder wins if the unknown traxxas scale truck sells for more than those big names in the crawling scene.
    I don't know. There has been a huge buzz about it all over the Internet. It's packed with features that don't come on an axial. I'll agree that they have proven themselves and this one hasn't. But it seems many are willing to take a chance with the features this has. It's listing for $449 it looks like most places rtr. It's all the buzz on Facebook groups and forums right now. You can't give away things like portal axles, individually remote locking diffs, and a two speed for nothing.

I think the price is just right and I think it'll have buyers.

I think a stripped down version with no lockers or two speed to get to a price point near the telluride would be a good move. Take away a few of the expensive bits. Maybe the metal gear servo too, and include a regular lean body.

Last edited by mwe-maxxowner; 05-04-2017 at 09:18 AM.

so on my way home yesterday this showed up at a car dealer
    is traxxas making a 1:1 version?

http://s61.photobucket.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/broi...tml?sort=3&o=0
    cool ain't cheap -Dan Dreger

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by mwe-maxxowner View Post
    I don't know. There has been a huge buzz about it all over the Internet. It's packed with features that don't come on an axial. I'll agree that they have proven themselves and this one hasn't. But it seems many are willing to take a chance with the features this has. It's listing for $449 it looks like most places rtr. It's all the buzz on Facebook groups and forums right now. You can't give away things like portal axles, individually remote locking diffs, and a two speed for nothing.

I think a stripped down version with no lockers or two speed to get to a price point near the telluride would be a good move. Take away a few of the expensive bits. Maybe the metal gear servo too, and include a regular lean body.

$449 is not too bad..... noir 522 said that it should sell for $649.

I thought you were saying it has no right to cost as much or more as an scx10. $650 would definitely be too much.

I still think they should produce a stripped down version to get the cheaper price point customers into it. With a thick diff oil and moderately geared single speed transmission it would still perform admirably. Eliminating a few servos and the cables from it, and also including a regular lexan body. Leave the extra wheel and tire out I'm thinking it could get down to a telluride price but perform much better out of the box as a trail rig (I love my telly though but it took some tweaking). It could also leave them room to grow with the purchase of additional parts.

Last edited by mwe-maxxowner; 05-04-2017 at 10:17 AM.

RC Competitor
    I thought you were saying it has no right to cost as much or more as an scx10. $650 would definitely be too much.

I still think they should produce a stripped down version to get the cheaper price point customers into it. With a thick diff oil and moderately geared single speed transmission it would still perform admirably. Eliminating a few servos and the cables from it, and also including a regular lexan body. Leave the extra wheel and tire out I'm thinking it could get down to a telluride price but perform much better out of the box as a trail rig (I love my telly though but it took some tweaking). It could also leave them room to grow with the purchase of additional parts.

That's what I said lol..... $650 is way too much..... that's like 1/6 scale price range. He's got more money than brains.

I think Traxxas wants to hit the scaler market as hard as they can with its initial release; later I can see them scaling the features back. I this truck does what everyone thinks it will, there will likely be a less expensive LT version that comes out. Here are the things I can see them changing to make it less expensive:

Links: Thick plastic instead of aluminum
    Transmission: Going to a single speed
    Differentials: Just going to a spool. Open diffs, even with very thick fluid, do not work for climbing
    Body: A basic body, which will likely include more plain bumpers
    Spare tire: Gone.
    Axles: I think the portals are a key-component and will likely stay.
    Radio: Without the two-speed transmission and diff locks, have a 2-channel TQi

This would all be done to get more people into the scale community with a less expensive scale RC. For those of us that are already DEEP into this niche of the hobby, we can really see the value that Traxxas is offering here for the price. A kit SCX10 start at around $400, throwing the features this truck has into it (plus a radio system), you are looking at $1000 or more.

Out of the box, I am only planning on adding beadlocks and a winch. Hopefully the good people at Traxxas have made the fake winch easy to get off and included the standard hole pattern for the popular scale winches.

I agree with all that as a cheaper priced truck. Getting folks in at a cheaper price is imperative too IMO.

Although open diffs with silly putty work well . I would like diffs with 500k fluid for a trail rig. I don't think this should be considered a "crawler". And for trailing some diff action makes for more fun in the faster portions. All IMO 😊. A spool would be a cheap and easy way to bring the price down though. And make for an easy upgrade to the lockable diff.

I agree that this thing is priced well with these features and ready to go. There are many people who've jumped at the telly because of the price and been disappointed. Although IMO it can perform well. It just takes some tweaking. If we could give them something a little better performing at or near that price, we'd have a few hooked.

Last edited by mwe-maxxowner; 05-05-2017 at 01:53 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Can't wait to see your guys pictures of this thing when you all get one and videos too. Makes me wish I would of would waited to get my hands on one. But I know the money would of been spent on family stuff. Still on my list to get a trx-4. Wonder what else traxxas has planned for the scaler world. Its funny i know people that are not really big traxxas fans and their even following the news on the new trx-4.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12