RC poster

What is a good brushless system for a traxxas stampede

Hi I just got a traxxas stampede 2wd and I want a brushless I was thinking about a hobby wing but I don't know what one would be good for the stampede I was also thinking like a castle but again what one should I get

RC poster
    I haven't gotten one but have done a ton of research. I would recommend a motor with a kv in the mid 3,000's to 4,000's. To high and motor heats way up. Not sure how a motor with a kv rating in the 2,000's would do. I haven't looked at hobby wings but a lot of research has been done on the castle sidewinder and mamba max pro. The mmp isn't waterproof due to the fans. The sidewinder isn't if u have the fan on it. But I can remove it from the sidewinder. I have heard of over heating problems with the sidewinder and 3,800 kv motor but I'm sure I could fix that with gearing. Also great programming with the castles.

RC poster
    Go with a Velineon 3500kv motor with the VXL-3s ESC. That's what I did to my Skully and it works great with no overheating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Thanks for the comments but what about a tekin I have heard those are really nice motors and esc's I have a velenion in it now but it's the old one so it needs upgraded

Tekin ESCs and motors are very well build, but very expensive, and unless you have a lot unneeded cash burning in your pocket, something that is reserved for high-end competition.

That Castle SVT 3800 is a good system, less than the VXL, has a lot more tuning options, and easier to program. But, the trusty VXL is not a bad way to go either. Both should give you wheelies on command for days.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

http://www.radientrc.com/Reaktor/
    this is a great choice if you bash i've had this for around 3 years and it still runs fine and i'm not exactly nice to it either i did have to get an adapter though